Docs Required To Marry A Thai

sunholidaysun1

I want to get an 'affirmation' letter from the British Embassy to prove I am single and able to marry . I have read what is required as to marrying a Thai but I would like to know if the British Consulate in Chang Mai offers the same service as the Embassy in Bangkok , or do I have to use the Embassy .

The website only mentions the services that the Embassy gives but doesnt state if the consulate can do the same , any ideas ?

Are there any other documents other than a passport required that are not mentioned , has anyone got first hand experience of what to do, other than 'Dont do it ' lol.

Thanks

For me it was;

Document from US Embassy confirming that I was not married($), & translated into Thai.($)

Passport and copies of all pertinent pages ( Visa, etc )

Visit to local Amphur.

$$ but cannot remember on how much.

30 minutes of our time.

Amphur provided 2 original marriage certificates ( in Thai of course )

Ball and chain and a nose ring.

Longest wait was for the translation into Thai of my embassy document and of course at the amphur since we arrived right after lunch.

Choc dii and I hope you have a great life together! :D:)

Document from US Embassy confirming that I was not married($), & translated into Thai.($)

Unless it has changed, you also need to send it (Affirmation of freedom to marry) to Bangkok to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for certification. In my case, I just went to a translation office in Chiangmai, handed the Consulate letter to them and they knew what was necessary. They translated it, sent it to the MFA and within a week called me and informed it was ready. At that time it was about 1000 Baht and some change.

For me it was;

Passport and copies of all pertinent pages ( Visa, etc )

Visit to local Amphur.

$ but cannot remember on how much.

30 minutes of our time.

Amphur provided 2 original marriage certificates ( in Thai of course )

Ball and chain and a nose ring.

Longest wait was for the translation into Thai of my embassy document and of course at the amphur since we arrived right after lunch.

Choc dii and I hope you have a great life together! :D:)

It is 20 baht. I went through the same process when my wife and i registered our married in Sathorn.

Unless it has changed, you also need to send it (Affirmation of freedom to marry) to Bangkok to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for certification. In my case, I just went to a translation office in Chiangmai, handed the Consulate letter to them and they knew what was necessary. They translated it, sent it to the MFA and within a week called me and informed it was ready. At that time it was about 1000 Baht and some change.

If you are there yourself (at MFA) legalization of the document (Certificate of Capacity to Contract Marriage) costs 800 THB. Not sure how much it will be if you send it over.