Curfew On Petrol Stations!

richb2004

Has anybody else been caught out by the ingenious petrol station curfew scheme?

I arrived in Bangkok airport after midnight, several hours late, from Amsterdam. My wife picked me up and we set of for Rayong. I probably shouldn't have been, but I was amazed to discover that every gas station in Bangkok, and possible Thailand, was closed. We had to pull up at 3:30 in the morning and wait two hours until they opened, along with a dozen other cars. What is the sense in this?

Only in Thailand!!

Has anybody else been caught out by the ingenious petrol station curfew scheme?

I arrived in Bangkok airport after midnight, several hours late, from Amsterdam. My wife picked me up and we set of for Rayong. I probably shouldn't have been, but I was amazed to discover that every gas station in Bangkok, and possible Thailand, was closed. We had to pull up at 3:30 in the morning and wait two hours until they opened, along with a dozen other cars. What is the sense in this?

Only in Thailand!!

There isn't any sense maybe you should have let your misses sleep ad taken a yellow cab it seams theres no restriction on them filling up with LPG any time day or night

I met Tornado, Jayenram, Davethailand, Kurgen in Pattaya a while ago. I got a room for an afternoon nap when I arrived at noon since I was heavily hung over from the previous evening and in case I got heavily loaded again (did not happen, felt like I had swallowed a Brillo pad).

After our evening out, I left the room around 3 a.m. only to remember on Sukhumvit that all the gas stations were closed. With the fuel light flashing on empty, I was heading back to Chonburi.

I was lucky to make it back to the hotel where I had already just checked out.

They were nice enough to give me the key back :o

Having lines of cars/buses/trucks,etc waiting for gas in the early hours of the morning is not a good deal. This whole gas station curfew thing is pointless...and it seems to contradict the current government's greed for money and power; it would seem that by keeping the stations open 24 hours, you could make more money. Keeping them open 24/7 would create new jobs, then again I'm sure the government would find a way to cut their wages just like big companies (McDonald's for example) do in the States. Better carry some extra jugs of fuel with you if you're travelling at night.

Having lines of cars/buses/trucks,etc waiting for gas in the early hours of the morning is not a good deal. This whole gas station curfew thing is pointless...and it seems to contradict the current government's greed for money and power; it would seem that by keeping the stations open 24 hours, you could make more money. Keeping them open 24/7 would create new jobs, then again I'm sure the government would find a way to cut their wages just like big companies (McDonald's for example) do in the States. Better carry some extra jugs of fuel with you if you're travelling at night.

It fits quite well with the current governments greed for money and power as diesel is subsidised. The more they sell, the more they lose. The subsidies are gradually being removed, so expect petrol stations to be open 24/7 once more when diesel is no longer subsidised.