Pizza Pizza -- The Avenue

eljeque

I decided to try Pizza Pizza in The Avenue tonight.

The three of us ordered a large (380 + 80 extra topping) pizza

The extra topping was a few ounces of eat, no more

The 380 baht vegetarian pizza was paper-thin crust, and virtually nothing on top. It was like a weight-watchers pizza or something like that.

So, we decided to ask for a bit more crust, and for the second pizza ordered meatballs!! Meatballs would be a real pizza!!

Not so!!

Again, the crust was equally paper-thin, and there was not a lot more on top than the first time.

Total bill for two skinny pizzas and three soft drinks was 970 baht

I would advise anyone out there looking for something to eat to steer way from this place.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Pizza Pizza specifically for the thin crust. I've ordered from them in Pattaya, Hua Hin and Bangkok and have always received great service, excellent taste and generous toppings. Reckon you had them on an off day.

The OP is EXACTLY CORRECT. They serve a VERY THIN CRUST. The toppings are a TINY PORTION. I also had the so called meatballs, they were thinly settled THIN SLICES of meatballs, not actual meatballs. Get real. Why act like they are something they are not? Are the pizzas tasty? Yes, if you like very thin crust pizza with very little toppings, they do a quality version of that style. Most Americans don't favor that style and I don't as well.

I don't mean to sound boring but the best pizza in Pattaya is from Pizza Hut (thick crust (pan)). Home delivered if you desire

In the US, I never ever went for pizza chain pizzas. However, I am so disappointed in the restaurant pizzas of Pattaya that I may just give that big old chain a try.

Edited by Jingthing

there is a great pizza in a restaurant called the spaghettii factory ,i think it soi 13/2 or 13/1 its on the corner of the soi on beach road its on the opposite side to pizza hut.....worth a try , well i enjoyed it anyway ...

I guess you don't know what neapolitan pizza is. If you don't like neapolitan, don't go there. You're not going to get them to make a "thicker crust." That's like going to a fried chicken restaurant and asking them to make chicken parmasean for you. It ain't going to happen. I love neapolitan pizza. If you want a thicker, NY style crust, go to Pizza Big in Naklua.

Pizza, Pizza

P1010351.jpg

I guess you don't know what neapolitan pizza is. If you don't like neapolitan, don't go there. You're not going to get them to make a "thicker crust." That's like going to a fried chicken restaurant and asking them to make chicken parmasean for you. It ain't going to happen. I love neapolitan pizza. If you want a thicker, NY style crust, go to Pizza Big in Naklua.

Pizza, Pizza

P1010351.jpg

PIZZA PIZZA BY YANEE

PIZZA PIZZA BY YANEE

PIZZA PIZZA BY YANEE.

the bird that co owns that joint is an actor (superstar)

just thought id let you in on that useless bit of information,went there once and only once,only because the mrs thought she might see yanee.lol

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P

I don't mean to sound boring but the best pizza in Pattaya is from Pizza Hut (thick crust (pan)). Home delivered if you desire.

I never eat chain pizza in America either, but I'm afraid that it really is better than most in Thailand. Pizza Company is better than the thin Italian cracker pizzas too.

Pizza, Pizza

P1010351.jpg

PIZZA PIZZA BY YANEE

PIZZA PIZZA BY YANEE

PIZZA PIZZA BY YANEE.

just thought id let you in on that useless bit of information,went there once and only once,only because the mrs thought she might see yanee.lol

i wouldnt eat that if u paid me...yanee or no yanee

Edited by barrybike

Pizza, Pizza

P1010351.jpg

PIZZA PIZZA BY YANEE

PIZZA PIZZA BY YANEE

PIZZA PIZZA BY YANEE.

i wouldnt eat that if u paid me...yanee or no yanee

The person holding the pie is a chef from Canada, and I worked in the restaurant industry as a cook, kitchen manager and restaurant manager for about a dozen years. We both enjoyed the pizza. It had a great cracker-like crust, and the ham and mushroom topping was delicious. I've been to Pizza, Pizza three times and have always liked their pizzas. Individual tastes differ.

Oh we're not going to start comparing proper pizza, i.e. thin crust and one or 2 toppings with the crap american style pizzas with crust thick enough to retreaad your tyres and have 10+ snap frozen toppings that mash together into your mouth so that you have no idea waht you are eating??? That is top pizza, it is some abortion created by the yanks, which is only useful for adding as 1,000 calories to you daily diet and giving you clotted arteries.

crap american style pizzas with crust thick enough to retreaad your tyres and have 10+ snap frozen toppings that mash together into your mouth so that you have no idea waht you are eating???
You have described a bad American style pizza. However there are of course good ones, and 10 toppings, you are just being silly, but yes some people like that. On the crust, a thick crust can be ETHEREAL, the issue isn't the thickness but the TASTE and TEXTURE. If its too much crust to eat, you simply don't eat all the crust or eat fewer slices, got it? Yes American style pizza has MORE CHEESE. Too many calories? Fewer slices. It ain't rocket science. Edited by Jingthing

Personally, I go for a fresh thin crust pizza (that is thicker and tastier than a cracker )with good cheese, a crispy outer crust and 2 or 3 fresh toppings including olives, mushrooms and sometimes pepperoni.

Something tells me that Kurnell don't know sheet about real American pizzas! :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Oh we're not going to start comparing proper pizza, i.e. thin crust and one or 2 toppings with the crap american style pizzas with crust thick enough to retreaad your tyres and have 10+ snap frozen toppings that mash together into your mouth so that you have no idea waht you are eating??? That is top pizza, it is some abortion created by the yanks, which is only useful for adding as 1,000 calories to you daily diet and giving you clotted arteries.

But the Yanks don't understand that.

It's the problem they have - being brought up on abundant food sources, all geared to adding pounds of surplus weight, living out of fast-food restaurants (restaurants?? Don't believe it - food shops maybe)

And then going abroad (or even to another part of the States) and complaining that things aren't the same as at home.

Of course they're bloody not!

The rest of the world has different standards, some countries around the Mediterranean have food to suit their climate, derived from the local flora and fauna.

Same with other parts of the world. Everyone grows up with the local foods and the body and mind get used to them and thrive on them. Only when you start to travel to other parts do you encounter 'genuine' 'authentic' 'ethnic' foods of that locality. And very often they are far from what one expects. Thus the arguments over what is the 'best' pizza - in Naples a pizza may only have tomato mush on it, it may be thin base or very thin base - depends who makes it. In Bologna the sauce on spaghetti is meaty, in Naples it is again tomato-based. That's because there's one hel_l of a lot of tomatoes around the area. And in Amalfi, down the road from Naples, I have eaten superb seafood pizza that I could not find in Naples, another town right on the Med.

In Nigeria I had a girlfriend who cooked 'gharry' (spelling??) the way her mother cooked it at home. It was the worst thing I have ever tried to eat. Yet it is made from cassava, which I like in other dishes.But she and her siblings ate this stuff all the time. And thrived.

In Vietnam I eat well on local food, but do not eat dog (often) or fish-head soup. Nor most sea-food. But the locals do, and thrive. But it doesn't make you fat, so would probably be deemed "Not as good as at home" by many Americans.

But the Yanks don't understand that.

Aren't you British, Old Chap?

If you want to get into generalizing, a lot of folks all over the world think that you lot eat the worst slop on the planet, are just as fat as Americans are, and go from country to country eating that same slop, getting blind drunk, bothering other people and complaining because your slop isn't as boiled and tasteless as back in blighty and just because you like to complain.

Of course, there are lots of Brits who are not stereotypical and do not fit into this category and actually know something about manners and good food. However, they seem to be the same ones who do not go around stupidly generalizing about other people, so this would exclude you. There are lots of intelligent, polite Brits around, but the bad apples really are rotten. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

And then going abroad (or even to another part of the States) and complaining that things aren't the same as at home.

I have not lived in the USA for 23 years. I am not complaining that things are not the same as home. I am stating a simple fact that the pizza had very little, I mean very, very little crust--PAPER THIN, and there was very little in the way of toppings. It has nothing to do with my nationality, nor what I was raised on.

If the restaurant wants to serve such a small portion, they should charge accordingly... or as one of the earlier posts noted, :It is neopolitan pizza". They should note... THIS IS A NEOPOLITAN PIZZA SHOP

America has residents from many different regions of Italy. They all have their own way of preparing food, and they have all adapted a little or a lot to the food available in the USA, notably the east coast. I do not think that any of the ones I have every met would greet this style of pizza with open arms.

Now, on my last stay in Saudi, a couple of Italian Americans told me the little Italian restaurant behind Raytheon compound had Italian food equal to anything they had ever eaten anywhere. Their pizza was nothing like this.

The offerings are skimpy for the price. If the pizza is a neopolitan pizza, then at the size of it, the price should be about 1/2, similar in price to an appetizer.

crap american style pizzas with crust thick enough to retreaad your tyres and have 10+ snap frozen toppings that mash together into your mouth so that you have no idea waht you are eating???
You have described a bad American style pizza. However there are of course good ones, and 10 toppings, you are just being silly, but yes some people like that. On the crust, a thick crust can be ETHEREAL, the issue isn't the thickness but the TASTE and TEXTURE. If its too much crust to eat, you simply don't eat all the crust or eat fewer slices, got it? Yes American style pizza has MORE CHEESE. Too many calories? Fewer slices. It ain't rocket science.

Out by 1:

Super Supreme

Richly decked with nine delicious toppings - beef, ham, Italian sausage, pepperoni, pork, bell pepper, mushrooms, onions and pineapple.

Lets get back to the subject at hand which is Pizza Pizza.

In my opinion, the Chef made a big mistake by going on TV and stating that he has THE BEST Pizza in Pattaya (or was it Asia, I forget now?). He also challenged local Pizza Shops to make a better Pizza than his.

Everyone has their own individual taste when it comes to Pizza. I have tried Pizza Pizza and it was an overpriced average pizza that I was served. HOWEVER, what I considered as overpriced and average may well have been the best Pizza someone else has ever had.

Some may cringe at what I am about to say, but I love Pizza Company Pizzas. They are great, IN MY OPINION.

The Chef went too far on the TV Interview and is now paying the price as his outlets are struggling because of some bad press, especially on chat forums. There is no doubt he uses some quality ingredients, but, IN MY OPINION, he and his staff are finding it hard to get the most out of the ingredients and produce a really good Pizza.

I decided to try Pizza Pizza in The Avenue tonight.

The three of us ordered a large (380 + 80 extra topping) pizza

The extra topping was a few ounces of eat, no more

The 380 baht vegetarian pizza was paper-thin crust, and virtually nothing on top. It was like a weight-watchers pizza or something like that.

So, we decided to ask for a bit more crust, and for the second pizza ordered meatballs!! Meatballs would be a real pizza!!

Not so!!

Again, the crust was equally paper-thin, and there was not a lot more on top than the first time.

Total bill for two skinny pizzas and three soft drinks was 970 baht

I would advise anyone out there looking for something to eat to steer way from this place.

:)

I decided to:

Forget PIZZA PIZZA (and most of the rest)- The taste was pretty good, both times we ate there. But, like soooo many places around here these days, I think they're selling a passably-tasty product made up of the absolute minimum of ingredients... and, at the Avenue, selling it for a higher than average price price (tv commercials, rent, hmmm...)! For me, it's:

PIZZA BIG!! Until proven otherwise (Enlighten me, please!).

-Michael

PS- I'm an East Coast American. Not 100% sure if it's typical or not, but I really can't stand THE PIZZA COMPANY or PIZZA HUT... whoa!! And I have tried them both more than once. Ok, they give you more toppings, but the crust & the types of toppings are too far a departure from the delicious-norm for me, no thanks/yuk! My beautiful TGF didn't mind, she was used to "Thai-Italian" pizza (and they had ketchup to add... whoa, again!). Oh, and what the heck is up with hot dogs rolled into the crust... sheesh!!

:D

Lets get back to the subject at hand which is Pizza Pizza.

In my opinion, the Chef made a big mistake by going on TV and stating that he has THE BEST Pizza in Pattaya (or was it Asia, I forget now?). He also challenged local Pizza Shops to make a better Pizza than his.

Everyone has their own individual taste when it comes to Pizza. I have tried Pizza Pizza and it was an overpriced average pizza that I was served. HOWEVER, what I considered as overpriced and average may well have been the best Pizza someone else has ever had.

Some may cringe at what I am about to say, but I love Pizza Company Pizzas. They are great, IN MY OPINION.

The Chef went too far on the TV Interview and is now paying the price as his outlets are struggling because of some bad press, especially on chat forums. There is no doubt he uses some quality ingredients, but, IN MY OPINION, he and his staff are finding it hard to get the most out of the ingredients and produce a really good Pizza.

I dare say Pizza Pizza is 100% fresh ingredients. Pizza Company 100% frozen. You want that preservative laden stuff in your gut then so be it.

I don't mean to sound boring but the best pizza in Pattaya is from Pizza Hut (thick crust (pan)). Home delivered if you desire.

your having a laugh,hes having a laugh ,Pizza hut Pizza? no tomato sauce ,stoggy crust ,terrible toppings . my son my son your havin a laugh :)

PS- I'm an East Coast American. Not 100% sure if it's typical or not, but I really can't stand THE PIZZA COMPANY or PIZZA HUT... whoa!! And I have tried them both more than once. Ok, they give you more toppings, but the crust & the types of toppings are too far a departure from the delicious-norm for me, no thanks/yuk!

Normally I would agree with you. In the U.S. there are tons of great little mom and pop places with much better crust, better sauce and fresh ingredients. However, in Thailand, excellent pizzas just are nowhere to be found.

After many years of trying to find one, I have to admit that Pizza Hut and Company - avoiding all the wild crusts and such - are pretty much the best one can do around here and not all that bad under the circumstances. To me they taste good, but not like the great ones available in some Western countries. :)

PS- I'm an East Coast American. Not 100% sure if it's typical or not, but I really can't stand THE PIZZA COMPANY or PIZZA HUT... whoa!! And I have tried them both more than once. Ok, they give you more toppings, but the crust & the types of toppings are too far a departure from the delicious-norm for me, no thanks/yuk!

Normally I would agree with you. In the U.S. there are tons of great little mom and pop places with much better crust, better sauce and fresh ingredients. However, in Thailand, excellent pizzas just are nowhere to be found.

After many years of trying to find one, I have to admit that Pizza Hut and Company - avoiding all the wild crusts and such - are pretty much the best one can do around here and not all that bad under the circumstances. To me they taste good, but not like the great ones available in some Western countries. :)

Hi,

Ok, I do realize that Thailand is not the pizza center of anything. Also, I can absolutely agree with, "each to his own taste." We all should definitely spend our time and money eating at places we personally prefer. So, just in my opinion, if you try the pizza at PIZZA BIG, you might agree with me that the taste (overall effect of cooking the combined ingedients, such as they use) surpasses the others. To my taste, it's more like pizza's supposed to taste; it's more Italian (the owner, who is always on the premises, is Roberto from somewhere in Italy)!! This, as well as the actual amount of food you receive (in the form of one large pizza) and the price (260/280 baht for a large) makes it my choice! I haven't tried Dao's, which I hear is great, too. But, please!! Expand your horizons!! I can't admit that Pizza Hut & Pizza Company are good at all... you can do better! My opinion, only- bon appetit!!

-Michael (away!)

PS- Oh, and not all Americans need to pile tons o' toppings on top. My favorite is Italian sausage & my TGF loves mushrooms; maybe some artichoke hearts... super!!

But, please!! Expand your horizons!! I can't admit that Pizza Hut & Pizza Company are good at all... you can do better! My opinion, only- bon appetit!!

I'm not saying you are wrong about Pizza Big, but I have tried pizzas all over Thailand for 20 years and if I am being honest, I have to admit that PizzaHut/Company is better than any of them. I much prefer non-chain pizza at home, so it took me a long time to admit it. :)

your having a laugh,hes having a laugh ,Pizza hut Pizza? no tomato sauce ,stoggy crust ,terrible toppings . my son my son your havin a laugh :)

I think that Pizza Hut Pizzas taste great.

What is stoggy crust? I've not heard of that; they do thin or thick, depending on your taste.

Terrible toppings? What do you mean? Like dog-poo and snot?

Get a grip man.