Pizza Pizza -- The Avenue

eljeque

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to sound boring but the best pizza in Pattaya is from Pizza Hut (thick crust (pan)). Home delivered if you desire.

your having a laugh,hes having a laugh ,Pizza hut Pizza? no tomato sauce ,stoggy crust ,terrible toppings . my son my son your havin a laugh :)

I think that Pizza Hut Pizzas taste great.

What is stoggy crust? I've not heard of that; they do thin or thick, depending on your taste.

Terrible toppings? What do you mean? Like dog-poo and snot?

Get a grip man.

Sorry i lived with an Italian girl and spent a long time in Italy ,her sister used to like "American pizza" as she called it ,not me ime afraid , do they have dog poo topping? i think ive tasted the snot one though :D

Peace now. There are different styles of pizza in the world. Within those styles, there are high quality and low quality examples. Of course how our palates were trained comes into play on the kind of pizza we like the best. I can enjoy a good pizza of any style. Pizza Pizza I think does a good enough job but it doesn't come close to even the best Italian style pizza I have ever had, and it is also not a good value for Thailand.

Never really liked thin crusted pizza. The best chain pizza I ever ate was Round Table back in California. That was a lot of years ago, but I remember that it was tasty. For those who want to know how far wrong pizza can go, look no further than Japan where you can get squid ink pizza or pizza topped with mayonnaise. :)

My other favorite place was Blondie's in SF and Berkeley. I remember the first time I had BBQ chicken pizza... That was great!

TheWalkingMan

Never really liked thin crusted pizza. The best chain pizza I ever ate was Round Table back in California. That was a lot of years ago, but I remember that it was tasty. For those who want to know how far wrong pizza can go, look no further than Japan where you can get squid ink pizza or pizza topped with mayonnaise. :)

My other favorite place was Blondie's in SF and Berkeley. I remember the first time I had BBQ chicken pizza... That was great!

TheWalkingMan

there is a woman in the market near us that makes a pizza topped with mayonnaise, never hads the guts to try it .

Lets get back to the subject at hand which is Pizza Pizza.

In my opinion, the Chef made a big mistake by going on TV and stating that he has THE BEST Pizza in Pattaya (or was it Asia, I forget now?). He also challenged local Pizza Shops to make a better Pizza than his.

Everyone has their own individual taste when it comes to Pizza. I have tried Pizza Pizza and it was an overpriced average pizza that I was served. HOWEVER, what I considered as overpriced and average may well have been the best Pizza someone else has ever had.

Some may cringe at what I am about to say, but I love Pizza Company Pizzas. They are great, IN MY OPINION.

The Chef went too far on the TV Interview and is now paying the price as his outlets are struggling because of some bad press, especially on chat forums. There is no doubt he uses some quality ingredients, but, IN MY OPINION, he and his staff are finding it hard to get the most out of the ingredients and produce a really good Pizza.

I dare say Pizza Pizza is 100% fresh ingredients. Pizza Company 100% frozen. You want that preservative laden stuff in your gut then so be it.

I used to manage a pizza restaurant for 6 years and i can tell you that no pizza restuarant would make or store frozen pizza's, it's quicker just to make them as they are being ordered as long as the dough is freshly made on a daily basis the rest just takes minutes to make.

Frozen pizzas are for supermarkets.

Lets get back to the subject at hand which is Pizza Pizza.

In my opinion, the Chef made a big mistake by going on TV and stating that he has THE BEST Pizza in Pattaya (or was it Asia, I forget now?). He also challenged local Pizza Shops to make a better Pizza than his.

Everyone has their own individual taste when it comes to Pizza. I have tried Pizza Pizza and it was an overpriced average pizza that I was served. HOWEVER, what I considered as overpriced and average may well have been the best Pizza someone else has ever had.

Some may cringe at what I am about to say, but I love Pizza Company Pizzas. They are great, IN MY OPINION.

The Chef went too far on the TV Interview and is now paying the price as his outlets are struggling because of some bad press, especially on chat forums. There is no doubt he uses some quality ingredients, but, IN MY OPINION, he and his staff are finding it hard to get the most out of the ingredients and produce a really good Pizza.

I dare say Pizza Pizza is 100% fresh ingredients. Pizza Company 100% frozen. You want that preservative laden stuff in your gut then so be it.

I used to manage a pizza restaurant for 6 years and i can tell you that no pizza restuarant would make or store frozen pizza's, it's quicker just to make them as they are being ordered as long as the dough is freshly made on a daily basis the rest just takes minutes to make.

Frozen pizzas are for supermarkets.

Note: I said frozen ingredients. I've seen them delivered.

Who taught Thai's how to make pizzas? :) Must have been a frustrated chef with alot of leftovers. Haven't found anything yet in LOS that comes close to an American pizza. Godfather's Pizza was the best chain pizza in my opinion. But I believe they went out of business :D .

Papa John's gets the top ranking for a chain every year. I think Pizza Hut, Dominos and Papa John's do a good job and are fairly consistent. Godfather's is still in business. I've never been there as they have no stores in LA or Honolulu. Round Table and Straw Hat are also good. But I really prefer brick oven baked artisan pizzerias.

Papa John's gets the top ranking for a chain every year. I think Pizza Hut, Dominos and Papa John's do a good job and are fairly consistent. Godfather's is still in business. I've never been there as they have no stores in LA or Honolulu. Round Table and Straw Hat are also good. But I really prefer brick oven baked artisan pizzerias.

I think 'Papa John's' has a branch in Jomtien, just on the bend as you head for the Beach Road.

I think 'Papa John's' has a branch in Jomtien, just on the bend as you head for the Beach Road.

Nope.

http://www.papajohns.com/locator/international.shtm

post-37101-1248625085_thumb.png

Nope.

http://www.papajohns.com/locator/international.shtm

post-37101-1248625085_thumb.png

Well it's 'Papa' something; maybe 'Papa Docs' or 'Papa Lazarus' or something like that......?

Edited by syd barrett

Pizza Pizza is by far the best Pizza in Pattaya but sometimes the crust is literally the thickness of paper, the thickness can vary greatly.

When it is this thin the pizza is pretty shit IMHO.

Try the lasagna there though if you want to taste something truly vulgar, like a microwaved school dinner.

Try the lasagna there though if you want to taste something truly vulgar, like a microwaved school dinner.

Sadly, I did. People cannot be reminded often enough to not order the lasagna there. However, if they do make the mistake, the portion is so small they will want to go out to dinner again 10 minutes later. Frankly, I am no fan of this joint in any way. At least the Pattaya version. Years ago I had a very tasty pizza at their Bangkok Central World location but never had anything very good from them in Pattaya. This sometimes happens with small chains. They make their reputation and then live off the name. I only had their Pattaya pizza two times and I was very hopeful based on my experience in Bangkok. Both times I got the paper thin version and both times I felt ripped off, although not as much as the mini bad lasagna. Maybe the people who had good pizzas there in Pattaya have been lucky, perhaps a staffing issue. In any case, three times there, all disappointing, that's all for me.

Edited by Jingthing

Personally, I go for a fresh thin crust pizza (that is thicker and tastier than a cracker )with good cheese, a crispy outer crust and 2 or 3 fresh toppings including olives, mushrooms and sometimes pepperoni.

Something tells me that Kurnell don't know sheet about real American pizzas! :D

Agree completely :)

If the restaurant wants to serve such a small portion, they should charge accordingly... or as one of the earlier posts noted, :It is neopolitan pizza". They should note... THIS IS A NEOPOLITAN PIZZA SHOP

I have eaten pizza in Naples - as I said above.

Sometimes it was just a thin crust with a tomato paste on it - plus oregano and other herbs, both in the paste and added to choice.

This is not unusual.

You can ask for other toppings, it depends on what you want, how you feel at the time.

Some of the best pizzas I ate in Italy were in Amalfi.

Some of the worst were in Sorrento, which is only a short car drive from Naples.

But what you will get in the southern half of Italy are light pizzas - the climate does not suit heavy food.

Nowhere I ate in Italy (I was there for a couple of years) had the very thick bases so beloved of many posters on this forum. That is an almost solely American (probably Pizza Hut) invention.

If the restaurant wants to serve such a small portion, they should charge accordingly... or as one of the earlier posts noted, :It is neopolitan pizza". They should note... THIS IS A NEOPOLITAN PIZZA SHOP

I have eaten pizza in Naples - as I said above.

Sometimes it was just a thin crust with a tomato paste on it - plus oregano and other herbs, both in the paste and added to choice.

This is not unusual.

You can ask for other toppings, it depends on what you want, how you feel at the time.

Some of the best pizzas I ate in Italy were in Amalfi.

Some of the worst were in Sorrento, which is only a short car drive from Naples.

But what you will get in the southern half of Italy are light pizzas - the climate does not suit heavy food.

Nowhere I ate in Italy (I was there for a couple of years) had the very thick bases so beloved of many posters on this forum. That is an almost solely American (probably Pizza Hut) invention.

Great, thanks for the enlightenment. Now, this is not a comparison of Naples pizzas. This is simply a post, a simple statement about 380 baht for paper-thin crust and skimpy toppings. If they want to offer this, then they should simply charge accordingly.

Last night, I ate a pizza at Scoby's Pizza--on third Road opposite Soi Langkee, next to Roo Bar.

It must have been three or four times as much food as Pizza Pizza for the same money.

It was not incredible, but no one is going to compalin about the place. I will eat there again and again, especially as it is close to my home.

Last night, I ate a pizza at Scoby's Pizza--on third Road opposite Soi Langkee, next to Roo Bar.

It must have been three or four times as much food as Pizza Pizza for the same money.

It was not incredible, but no one is going to compalin about the place. I will eat there again and again, especially as it is close to my home.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check that place out this weekend. Cheers! :)

Reminds me of the old street cry down Petticoat Lane

"Never mind the quality, feel the width"

Reminds me of the old street cry down Petticoat Lane

"Never mind the quality, feel the width"

If this statement is supposed to show that Scobys is large, but that Pizza Pizza has quality, it is wrong. Pizza Pizza was not any better in quality than Scobys. In fact, I think that in a bite to bite comparison, every bite of Scobys was better.

If there is someone out there who likes Pizza Pizza, I am happy that they have found a pizza to their liking. And, the vast majority of the Pattaya Pizza-eating Populace (PPP) will feel as I do that Pizza Pizza cannot say that its quality makes up for its lack of size, because it very simply doesn't have any special quality to offer.

there is a great pizza in a restaurant called the spaghettii factory ,i think it soi 13/2 or 13/1 its on the corner of the soi on beach road its on the opposite side to pizza hut.....worth a try , well i enjoyed it anyway ...

Just want to second the opinion of barrybike. Spaghetti Factory does a superb pizza. One time I ordered a tuna pizza and added just a few splashes of the chili oil that they leave on the table. It was one of the most delicious pizzas I've ever tasted.

The pasta is OK too - nothing spectacular, but perfectly decent. And the house wine sold in carafes is a bargain by local standards and perfectly drinkable - although if you order white, ask the lady to make sure it's nice and cold.

Service is fine and as it has a raised outside terrace looking onto Beach Road, it's unbeatable for people watching. Ironically, as Barry says, its next door neighbour is Pizza Hut!

guys ,guys guys,

you want to taste a good pizza,

then go to cambodia,pnom phen on the main bulivard opposit the mekong river,and try one of there HAPPY PIZZA

ill bet your never forget having one of them,because their laced with magic mushrooms and a whole host of other funny stuff,lol

:):D

guys ,guys guys,

then go to cambodia,pnom phen on the main bulivard opposit the mekong river,and try one of there HAPPY PIZZA

ill bet your never forget having one of them,because their laced with magic mushrooms and a whole host of other funny stuff,lol

:D

DATELINE: SIHANOUKVILLE

Happy Herb Pizza*- (Serendipty Beach)

With ALL the best toppings; good for three, better for two diners.

US$8.00

*Guaranteed to blow your mind (I just found a great chair on the beach and hung out, people watching for a few hours... beautiful!!) That night I was,

-Michael (far away!)

:D

guys ,guys guys,

Yes, then you return to Thailand, your bar is raided, you piss in a bottle and get fined 20,000 baht and get 3 months in Pattaya Jail. Great!