True 8 Mbps To 12 Mbps Upgrade Trial

CosmicSurfer

I just read in the Bkk Post Database from this past Wednesday about a True upgrade being offered to 8 Mbps customers to a new 12 Mbps system to compete with TTT in Bangkok.

The 2 month trial is free, but after that True says it will "invite customers to apply for the permanent service" ??? what does this mean?

Any idea on the TRUE Cost? and I Know.... forget about ever getting the TRUE speed.. :)

CS

I just read in the Bkk Post Database from this past Wednesday about a True upgrade being offered to 8 Mbps customers to a new 12 Mbps system to compete with TTT in Bangkok.

The 2 month trial is free, but after that True says it will "invite customers to apply for the permanent service" ??? what does this mean?

Any idea on the TRUE Cost? and I Know.... forget about ever getting the TRUE speed.. :)

CS

Theres something on Pantip True 12mb

Its in Thai. I understand it is not only a rumor but people have their doubts about the "speed"

This is surely a joke you cant expect True to even deliver 2mbs let alone 12, i just cancelled my 1mb True SME service (2400 bt per month) i barely got 1 quarter of the speeds i should be getting and this is SME, they are lying their sox off DONT FALL FOR THIS TRUE SCAM!!!

You guys are wrong. True can deliver what they say. I've posted in other threads that they are able to give the speeds that they advertise. I am not sure why you guys aren't hitting the correct speeds but I can max out my connection and the proper speeds.

You guys are wrong. True can deliver what they say. I've posted in other threads that they are able to give the speeds that they advertise. I am not sure why you guys aren't hitting the correct speeds but I can max out my connection and the proper speeds.

I trust your word but it is MHO that almost none of the forum members will take Trues announcement (much) serious.

10-12mb international bandwidth on a shared connection? Local speed could be an option...

Possible if the DSLAM is located on the ground floor of your apartment building and the cable length of your wire line is 2 m...

Edited by webfact

I concur ..

528746991.png

I concur ..

528746991.png

an international server test would be interesting

Try one to NYC, or London... Give it a real test.. Not a jog around the back yard.

CS

Why do you need these as it is all a bit off topic?

529102581.png

529105615.png

Maybe off-topic but... according to your post

You guys are wrong. True can deliver what they say. I've posted in other threads that they are able to give the speeds that they advertise.

this data shows clearly they can't! At least not provide international bandwidth of 8mb. So, all these super high-speed promotions/announcements are clearly meant to be "local bandwidth" only...

And that is IMHO misleading a lot of people!

Edited by webfact

this data shows clearly they can't! At least not provide international bandwidth of 8mb. So, all these super high-speed promotions/announcements are clearly meant to be "local bandwidth" only...

It is only ever local bandwidth (always been this way) and it is the user who wrongly assumes it also means international bandwidth with a home package.

For what is worth the images above are from my 4mb line so I am pretty chuffed with True.

Re the package i have it clearly states in both Thai and in English

Local 3 Mbps

International 1 Mbps

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2842 kbps (342.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 429 kbps (53.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

TEST TIME:: Friday July 31, 2009, 06:45 AM

From www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk

I have Download speed of 813 kbps

Try one to NYC, or London... Give it a real test.. Not a jog around the back yard.

CS

529102581.png

529105615.png

You guys are wrong. True can deliver what they say. I've posted in other threads that they are able to give the speeds that they advertise.

I have seen reports recently that state even ISP's in the UK struggle to deliver exactly what they promise, and even then they'd have difficulty guaranteeing their quoted speeds from half way around the world.

Those international speeds are quite respectable. Frankly its good to see that ISP's are delivering better packages than ever before.

Ugh, viral marketing.

True sucks and does not deliver to a lot of its customers. I don't understand why they'd increase their speed offers if they can't even manage current speeds with their available bandwidth. Deluded.

I have seen reports recently that state even ISP's in the UK struggle to deliver exactly what they promise

My ADSL in the UK in 2003 was hopeless, often slower than Dial up....

2 houses away from my UK house is a friend, they were saying only last weekend that ADSL was still as bad as ever, slow, constant disconnects.

So yes I am very happy with True and in the past 5 years very few problems, far far better than it ever was in the UK, and still appears to be.

Of course I can only say 'like 4 like' I lived in a Village in the UK, I live in a Village here

CS

529102581.png

529105615.png

The promotion speed is only inside thailand for international there promise the the half speed .

And i think from thailand to europa is the limit 6 mbit

CS

my True speed today

529249142.png

15.00 hours bangkok time

if you take the gold packet + 8MB you pay about 3000 Baht a month

Here in Pattaya both ToT 2 Mbps and True 8 Mbps works now wonderfully (I have two lines). I have seen connections improve a lot within last six months. Competition is fierce now among ISPs and that is showing in quality.

i have a 8mbit TRUE line in samut prakarn & it's performing great :)

when downloading from rapidshare.com servers with multiple threads - i get full speed ( 900KB/sec ) around the clock.

a movie dvd takes just a little bit more than 1 hour to download...

The reason why it tops out at about 1.1 MB/s (plus overhead for 10.5 Mbps) is the lack of upload speed.

Even though my total utorrent upload speed is only 4.7 KB/s, DU Meter shows the connections upload at full capacity (0.35 MB/s). This is most likely due to the need to update the relevant peers that pieces have been completed and other relevant data.

Other than that, I have no complaints about general speeds with True. I am pleasantly surprised.

I have already informed True about this limitation and they actually listened and promised to forward this to their engineering team for full testing. I mentioned the fact that Maxnet offers their 10 Mpbs download speed together with a 1 Mbps upload link, not for fun but out of necessity.

I suggest others inform True about this issue as well. If enough people start informing them (not complaining) they might actually listen and try to serve us better.

nadflaaca.jpg

So u need to have the UBC gold package to get the 12mbit?

I don't. I only have a True Move SIM card.

Edited by filingaccount

Well its interesting this read this thread. On searching the topics I came along hundreds of complaints regarding True's wonderful cra_p service and its reliability...

All that seems to have changed overnight and True now is the best provider someone can get. 4/8/10/12 very soon 20mb bandwidth... only the sky is the limit.

I wish everybody a stable and reliable bandwidth but in dealing with Thai providers over the last 15 years I have learnt something different.

In the past when a new service was introduced everything seemed to work perfectly... for about 1 month and then (with some exception) it turned into a nightmare.

Lets hope for everybody this time we can trust and rely on True! IMHO I am cautious and have my doubts.

Edited by webfact

Well its interesting this read this thread. On searching the topics I came along hundreds of complaints regarding True's wonderful cra_p service and its reliability...

All that seems to have changed overnight and True now is the best provider someone can get. 4/8/10/12 very soon 20mb bandwidth... only the sky is the limit.

I wish everybody a stable and reliable bandwidth but in dealing with Thai providers over the last 15 years I have learnt something different.

In the past when a new service was introduced everything seemed to work perfectly... for about 1 month and then (with some exception) it turned into a nightmare.

Lets hope for everybody this time we can trust and rely on True! IMHO I am cautious and have my doubts.

Each month at the end of the month you will have crappy speeds with all ISP's in Thailand.

It seems as if at the end of the month, each month, Thai ISP's invariably throttle down the international links. This could be due to that they hit some usage limit, or they pay per GB and they have a maximum amount they are going to pay each month or a combination.

The beginning of the month is always the best time to spend time downloading as the limits/restrictions have been lifted.

If you think about it, most times when there is a hardware failure or other bandwidth limiting "accident" it's in the last 10 days of the month.

Some people in this forum just love to find more and more opportunity to bash anything at all in Thailand in general. Seriously, no single ISP in the world can deliver the speed to all the servers around the world like what they advertised. Here, I am in Australia, my provider topped the speed of 20Mbps locally but only 1Mbps to Thailand and 4Mbps to the UK.

This is the limitation of the internet and international connection. And it exists everywhere in the world. People really need to educate themselves more about this.

Japan, for example, have an average speed of 100Mbps locally but the speed would be only just around 10Mbps to an American website.

This is the limitation of the internet and international connection. And it exists everywhere in the world. People really need to educate themselves more about this.

If TV ever had an award for the post of the year, with this post, you would have won that award. Well said.