True 8 Mbps To 12 Mbps Upgrade Trial

CosmicSurfer

Some people in this forum just love to find more and more opportunity to bash anything at all in Thailand in general. Seriously, no single ISP in the world can deliver the speed to all the servers around the world like what they advertised. Here, I am in Australia, my provider topped the speed of 20Mbps locally but only 1Mbps to Thailand and 4Mbps to the UK.

This is the limitation of the internet and international connection. And it exists everywhere in the world. People really need to educate themselves more about this.

Japan, for example, have an average speed of 100Mbps locally but the speed would be only just around 10Mbps to an American website.

I don't think many people would complain if they got something over, say, 8Mbps. The problem in Thailand is that ISP's disregard their clients' problems, while delivering speeds that are quite often slower than 56k dial-up speeds (on 4Mbps packages, no less). The advice hotline does not know how to help beyond 'you restart modem ok' and the technicians only seem to fix the problem for a short term basis. Most people get frustrated when they can't even stream youtube or, say, load a web page. To say that Thailand is on par with other countries in terms of reliability , consistency and speed is, well, retarded, to put it bluntly. The international bandwidth in the country is unevenly distributed and shared, which explains why some people are in a complete rut and wasting their money while others happily download away.

Some people in this forum just love to find more and more opportunity to bash anything at all in Thailand in general. Seriously, no single ISP in the world can deliver the speed to all the servers around the world like what they advertised. Here, I am in Australia, my provider topped the speed of 20Mbps locally but only 1Mbps to Thailand and 4Mbps to the UK.

This is the limitation of the internet and international connection. And it exists everywhere in the world. People really need to educate themselves more about this.

Japan, for example, have an average speed of 100Mbps locally but the speed would be only just around 10Mbps to an American website.

I don't think many people would complain if they got something over, say, 8Mbps. The problem in Thailand is that ISP's disregard their clients' problems, while delivering speeds that are quite often slower than 56k dial-up speeds (on 4Mbps packages, no less). The advice hotline does not know how to help beyond 'you restart modem ok' and the technicians only seem to fix the problem for a short term basis. Most people get frustrated when they can't even stream youtube or, say, load a web page. To say that Thailand is on par with other countries in terms of reliability , consistency and speed is, well, retarded, to put it bluntly. The international bandwidth in the country is unevenly distributed and shared, which explains why some people are in a complete rut and wasting their money while others happily download away.

your post hit the nail on the head! :)