Phuket Gazette The Local Up To Date Paper.

mrukman

While looking at t/v today i thought I would look at the latest news from phuket and see if there was any furher information on the shootout, and see if the police are on there tail. Not even mentioned there headline was Patong best performer in the tourist downturn.

What a load of crap they ( p/gazz) spent a full page on a report from the president of PTA Mr somboon Sirayus Spewing the same old nonsense that Phuket ie Patong is not struggleing, and he expects more charter flights in Oct to push the tourism up. Even though this month figures show a drop of 22% on last year. Does the editor Seriousely expect you to believe this properganda or is it the ( Tell them a pack of lie's and they will believe it logic). Everything they print tantamounts to unrealisticly telling of the truth. We all know the state of the tourism industry in phuket but to try and tell us everything is good is wrong or do they the P/G think you will believe this claptrap. On the same page a suspected pakistani on bail for attempted murder has done a runner, Surprise Surprise to the local jurisdiction service. Why was he even allowed out on bail, or was it because he owns the Chain of Ali Baba resturants on the island. What are the local expats thoughts on the local rag. Are they a seriouse paper for expats or a tool for the goverment.

Edited by mrukman

Sure, what might you expect from an information source that exist solely on the pretense of selling advertising. Commercial ventures will be like this {online and hardcopy}. Better chance that such looked upon material of a mainstream nature will be fitting of establishment circles. It is what it is. Fortunately for you {and others}, there are a variety of avenues one can seek to fetch real, subjective, unbias, and less than propagandic material regarding Phuket news. Can easily be sought online.....

yes indeed mister man better be quick the'y dont like bad publicity and for some reason Post's on thai visa get locked when some informative post's like this 1 is not looked upon as it should be. This is a forum where 1 should be able to voice opinions in a democratic way. If thet do not agree with negative post's they can simply ignore them. But when a paper that is oriantated mainly at Falang and expats in the English community prints this kind of drivel and propaganda from the TOT they should tell the truth not what there told to print. The truth hurts sometimes but if the editor or reporters reported the true picture of Phuket however painfull it is to hear they would gain more respect in my opinion. And not as it is seen now as a comic and a propaganda tool for tourism. The last time i looked at gazette tv they were reporting and filming the grand opening of the Sound niteclub in Patong. Im sure the older members want to see that why didn't they send a crew down to the jintana and interview some holidaymakers who had to run for there live's with there kids from the shootout. Now that is reporting not the flash opening of a new club.

Edited by mrukman

yes indeed mister man better be quick the'y dont like bad publicity and for some reason Post's on thai visa get locked when some informative post's like this 1 is not looked upon as it should be. This is a forum where 1 should be able to voice opinions in a democratic way. If thet do not agree with negative post's they can simply ignore them. But when a paper that is oriantated mainly at Falang and expats in the English community prints this kind of drivel and propaganda from the TOT they should tell the truth not what there told to print. The truth hurts sometimes but if the editor or reporters reported the true picture of Phuket however painfull it is to hear they would gain more respect in my opinion. And not as it is seen now as a comic and a propaganda tool for tourism. The last time i looked at gazette tv they were reporting and filming the grand opening of the Sound niteclub in Patong. Im sure the older members want to see that why didn't they send a crew down to the jintana and interview some holidaymakers who had to run for there live's with there kids from the shootout. Now that is reporting not the flash opening of a new club.

Generally speaking. Stimulation, by it's very nature, will be subjective. As to media and info stimulus of any sort and variety - 75% of what we might absorb is purely based on the premise to promote comsumtion. That's just the surface items that we've been directed to imbibe. There is a wealth of alternatives to be sought after and found.

I must admit, I've posted several times on the subjective reporting of the PG (or lack of it). I also agree with a previous poster re critical posts on TV (of the PG) being removed. So often, the PG only reacts to news where it's reported in other media, and becomes a local (Phuket) issue.

There surely has to be a balance between criticism of the PG, and the commercial reality of sustaining TV. If not, why have TV at all, we can just read the nonsense from the PG, the Nation etc, and their biased, out of date reporting.

I guess this post will last approximately 30 minutes before the mods remove it (if not shorter).

Read Thaivisa forum rule ...

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

This topic is closed.