Family Things To Do In Phuket

thehips

hey, you might be able to help me... I am getting married in Phuket this year. At this point i have nearly 50 guests coming... some of which are family young and old.. i will spend two days in patong as a stag but that aside i dnt want the holiday to be bar based..

My younger sisters will be there-parents aunts etc...as well as alot of friends. I am just wondering is there many things to do other than sunbath and drink....

I know there are certain tours but the last time i done one of them -James Bond isand-it wasnt the greatest... which one of those tours do people recomend.??

Also are there any other things for family fun or so people can see real thailand....

any suggestions or help would be great... i would love a fishing trip or a drive to remote areas etc.

tha nks

hips

hey, you might be able to help me... I am getting married in Phuket this year. At this point i have nearly 50 guests coming... some of which are family young and old.. i will spend two days in patong as a stag but that aside i dnt want the holiday to be bar based..

My younger sisters will be there-parents aunts etc...as well as alot of friends. I am just wondering is there many things to do other than sunbath and drink....

I know there are certain tours but the last time i done one of them -James Bond isand-it wasnt the greatest... which one of those tours do people recomend.??

Also are there any other things for family fun or so people can see real thailand....

any suggestions or help would be great... i would love a fishing trip or a drive to remote areas etc.

tha nks

hips

Why not take them to Thailand, it's not far from Phuket you know.

tha nks

hips

You don't mention how long they are planning to stay, but I would think after a few days(at most) Patong will start to drive them nuts.

I would prefer Kamala or Surin for a more chilled out family holiday.

I'm sure the kids would love to watch the gunfights that are now being put on, or they could always play "Spot the ladyboy". For goodness sake, Patong is only good for one thing - and you're going to be doing that on your stag nights. Other than that, it's overpriced and unfriendly.

If you've any sense get the family out of Patong ASAP, and show them Thailand!

Well there are lots of things..

The usual touristy things like Elephant Trekking, the nicest one in my opinoin is Kok Chang Safari.

kokchangsafair dot com

Cooking Classes, there is one in Patong and one in Chalong and one at Mom Tri's Boathouse. I have done the one at the Boathouse and thought it was great. boathousephuket dot com

There are also diving courses, try dives, snorkeling trips

For my niece and nephew who were 14 I stuck them in Thai Boxing Classes for a week, they loved it.

If you are here in the low season there are surf classes

Yoga classes all over the island

and cheap Massages and Spa's and beauty treatments .... In Patong Relax Spa is nice

Where is everyone staying?

So when exactly is the wedding?

You need to factor in monsoon season.....where errr........having a sunny outdoor at the beach wedding is either going to give you and guests heatstrokes.....or lovely lashing of rain where your bride will appreciate the not a dry eye in the stands event.

Boat rides arent for those with seasickness. But you can always maroon some relatives you hate on some obscure island where they can indulge themselves getting a tan and even a Open water padi licence.

I can only think of shopping being a family event. Rent a couple of scooter bikes, have a family try to squeeze onto one. Think how many family members can squeeze onto one scooter. Winning family get pictures taken and probably a fantastic meal at those quaint thai restaurants in town and so on.

Go search out night markets where the locals shop in. And do bring back hordes of lovely ceramic and wooden wares back to home.

thanks

hips

Take the family for a night to Fantasea (Phuket Show), although I have not been I hear it's some o.k. entertainment.

Drive up to Khao Lak for a daytrip, check your maps for some waterfalls and take note of the Navy ship that is still stranded inland from the Tsunami.

Can take the family to the Gibbon Reserve out past the Heroines monument, look at all the monkeys, donate some money for their rehabilitation.

Maybe hit the Go Cart Track in Kathu, John the owner is a heck of a guy, he'll be sure you have fun.

Daytrip to the Phuket Aquarium

That's all I can think of now....

Edited by huggybear

Bottom line, just chose a nice hotel in a pleasant area. Forget the Patong crap, that's only worth a couple of hours of anybody's time. If you get the hotel right, and negotiate a good discount based on the number of guests that you're anticipating, everybody will be happy, and your family/friends can 'cherry pick' themselves about what tours/excursions they want to do. My experience, let everyone do what they want to do, when they want to do it. Trying to do mass social/recreation events are a nightmare (and nobody will thank you for it).

Bottom line, just chose a nice hotel in a pleasant area. Forget the Patong crap, that's only worth a couple of hours of anybody's time. If you get the hotel right, and negotiate a good discount based on the number of guests that you're anticipating, everybody will be happy, and your family/friends can 'cherry pick' themselves about what tours/excursions they want to do. My experience, let everyone do what they want to do, when they want to do it. Trying to do mass social/recreation events are a nightmare (and nobody will thank you for it).

Agree 100% just a quick glance into our own backyard is proof enough.

Edited by sportsman69

Will This help you. JACKIE TRAVEL

44/1 Sainamyen Rd

Patong Beach

Phuket

Tel 089_4746492 fax (076) 296411

I have known this lady 5 years , she is good and genuine , She can book every thing , hotels, rooms, planes, boats,taxis, shows, excursions the works, She has a small place just past the police station. hope this helps you,

ps the Elephant show is worth seeing , Ko lak is a bit dead this time of year but it is family oriantated. if you want numbers for tha.t i have them

Edited by LivinginKata
Email address removed - LivinginKata

There is also plenty of paintball venues....controlled environment, cannot garantee about the shooters though.....

transversite caberet shows, butterfly park, mani and pedi, massages for everyone to help rid whatever jet lags, dental & even plastic surgeries are all available in Phuket Thailand.

But please.....please....do not attempt to conduct a sex change for each other or go ink/tattoo yourselves at this happy period........I am sure you or your bride will not want to see a name like 'simon/simone' inked on either your bodies. Especially if your name isnt Simon and bride's name isnt Simone.

Or worse, you have the name Simon inked on your body.