Plywood Needed

chiangrai

hi,

another very simple question i'm afraid but none of my friends are interested in DIY,

i want to put up some shelves and make both the shelves and the brackets out of thick plywood,

does anyone know the thickest plywood available in thailand and whats the quality like,

then i would like to get it cut up in the shop before i leave,

do they do this in thailand,

i'm going for the chunky country carpentry look so i need around 3\4 of an inch thick,

when assembled i will take off the straight lines with a rasp and varnish,

maybe its better to just buy ordinary wood as opposed to plywood

all help appreciated

hi,

another very simple question i'm afraid but none of my friends are interested in DIY,

i want to put up some shelves and make both the shelves and the brackets out of thick plywood,

does anyone know the thickest plywood available in thailand and whats the quality like,

then i would like to get it cut up in the shop before i leave,

do they do this in thailand,

i'm going for the chunky country carpentry look so i need around 3\4 of an inch thick,

when assembled i will take off the straight lines with a rasp and varnish,

maybe its better to just buy ordinary wood as opposed to plywood

all help appreciated

15mm.

Buy planks 6/8 inch width anywhere, much chunkier/cottage look.

regards Bojo

6, 10, 12, 15, 20, and 25mm Ply is available at Global Home and there is speciality plys with attractive veneers also produced in Thailand but where you buy them another question. Global Home also stock MDF but the last time I looked they didn't have anything thicker than 12mm.

As for cured and plane planks of wood - not really no - most are rough sawn and what is planed and cured is usual flooring or for decorative external usage.

On the note of the ply and mdf it's sold in 1.2m x 2.4m sheets - and Global Home didn't have any tools to cut the sheets in half.

Edited by technocracy