Bangkok Nightlife

TravelFrog

Found this on a LP Thorntree post today:

rca has the best clubs and is open till 2 and ratchada soi hollywood if you wanna party till 6am, there's lots of options

Anyone know if this is true? Anyone have any other news on closing times in BKK or the rest of Thailand?

Cheers,

TravelFrog

Edited by TravelFrog

I think that was true a while back but places like Code, Slim and Flix are attracting a slightly older, less teeny bopper crowd these days. I hear Route 66 ok for a night out too. Plus if you really dont like it in these places you can takeyour pick from Forte or the Art house cinema there...has a nice cafe in it!

The OP did also mention Ratchadapisek.

I have noticed a lot of new bars and actiivity at the Rama 9 end near the Hollywood disco as suggested by the OP.

Have thought many times about trying it out but my going out at night days are mostly behind me.

They used to serve excellent noodles opposite Hollywood Disco a little while ago I wonder if they are still there or if they have been badly affected by the closing times.

The bulk of their clientele used to be disco dancers coming out for some food to provide them with energy for the next few hours

ok, here's the lowdown people.

Outside where Hollywoods and Dance Fever is there are three large late night restaurants with lots of music, lots of girls, very busy, kind of like the por kung pal which is across the road which also closes at 6am, but with a older crowd. Close at 6am, last orders at 6am, one's got a pool table. Also another bar over there, doesn't sell food, just hip hop music, closes after 6am sometimes.

Sometimes on a police check they do the old bottle under the table routine, and don't be surprised if your bottle of whiskey is poured into a few coke bottles and put on your table that way, though last few months it's been fine there.

Good place to pull, lot of girls not only form soi 4 rachada/rca and the local clubs but also from the massage/karaoke places further down the road.

as a matter of fact, Hollywood, PumpUp and the Night Bazaar/Bar-area (all to be found between MRT PhraRam9 and ThailandCulturalCentre) are strictly following the closing times.

Furthermore, be aware (or happy): you will hardly see farangs cruising around....

about the food stall and restaurants outside: that's new for me to hear but I might give it a try one day if I am not too pissed/drunk and having lost my hearing after the barsw-visit (they all offer live music at outstanding decibel-level)...

Oh dear, I want to cry if the info about Ratchada was really posted on LP. The past couple times I've been there, there were an unusual amount of guys who looked like they came from Khao San after the bars tehre closed. Luckily, most of them didn't seem to stick around long, the place is too Thai for them, only the outdoor hiphop place seems to attract a lot of foriegners.

Oh and that noodle resturaunt is still there, I ate there at 3am on Saturday night.

I think ratchada getting a lot more farangs now, living there and going out there, seen loads recently in the area. Even a couple of lads I met in KSR, backpacker types, it's only 100 baht taxi from there and of course the girls take them up there once KSR is closed.

Pump up is a good night out, I went there opening night and quite impressed and they seem to have lowered the noise there now and got a good crowd in there. Plus sell Paulaner beer.

The hip hop bar definately getting more farang now, but the other restaurants hardly see any, and these for me the better places just coz more comfort/food/women.

The restaurants on the Hollywood side have been running well over a year, and the Por Kung Pal across the road(spel?) has been open for years, and always was out late night drinking place before.

Should you venture down to RCA if you are older than 25 and not dressed like a skateboarder, you will be like a fish outta water. You hearing should also be able to take 85 decibels.

85??

85 is nothing. It's not much more than the typical noise level on the side of a Bangkok street. I'd guess that if you walked down Walking Street you'd average 80 - 85 without even going inside any of the major discos. The place where I spend most of my nights runs 93 - 96 in the middle of the room most of the time [more nearer the speakers, obviously]. The loudest disco on Walking street I know of would have to be Marine upstairs - well over 100 every time I've been in there. Even when there's hardly anyone in there - bizarre.

One of the most annoying is Lucifers - they have speakers at the back of the room as loud as the main system!!! Geez, wouldn't you think they'd leave at least one little area of the room at a level where you could actually have a conversation... :o

Soi 4 Rachada a good night out and just a short stagger after to the late night places, think a lot of the RCA crowd went there coz RCA pretty quiet now isn't it?

Or have the new clubs there made it a good place for a night out again? must have been at least a year sinced I went there.

Soi 4 Rachada a good night out and just a short stagger after to the late night places, think a lot of the RCA crowd went there coz RCA pretty quiet now isn't it? 

Or have the new clubs there made it a good place for a night out again? must have been at least a year sinced I went there.

There's this club called 'Slim' which is cracking. You may like it or not, but its so packed that we will all be dead if there's a fire accident.

But the prospect of pulling fit girls is too temping !

There's this club called 'Slim' which is cracking. You may like it or not, but its so packed that we will all be dead if there's a fire accident.

But the prospect of pulling fit girls is too temping !

No.1 night out in Bangkok at the moment IMO if yer into deep underground house, a lot of people who used to go out down soi thong lor have jumped ships back to RCA now :o

Got to be the best DJs in town playin there @ the moment.

Things change so fast around here...Al lthe Thai crowd couldnt get enough of Thong Lor a while back, but now those places seem very quiet. Slim and Flix are rocking at the moment...too packed over the weekends.

Code which is also in RCA has the deal of pay 400 baht and drink as much as you want...i think ladies go for free and possibly drink for free too...(not sure about the last one though) Despite this still doesnt seem to get that packed out...not to the extent of Slim but Code is much smaller