1001 Reasons To Avoid Chiang Mai

muggins

A popular poster on this forum recently mentioned that he advises tourist to avoid Thailand 'Like the plague' and that he had 1000 reasons as to why they shouldn't come here. That got me thinking. :) I was wondering about what they might be.

Anyway, with my limited knowledge of Thailand I thought about a 1001 reasons (to go one better) of why tourist should avoid Chiang Mai.

After a few days of deliberation I found one.

So, to get the ball rolling here it is  ....

1. It's too hot in May.

Take it from there......

It all depends on what one expects from the city where they reside.

For those who enjoy the wilder pursuits in life, such as wine, women and song, than Chiang Mai is not for them.

Otherwise there are no reasons why anyone should avoid visiting or living in Chiang Mai.

As cities go, I wouldn’t swap good ole quaint, safe Chiang Mai for anywhere else and as for it’s faults, than it is as the Thais say: This Is Thailand, and it’s the imperfections that make this country so unique and enjoyable.

It appears that as the OP has quoted he has limited knowledge of Thailand, than I would guess he doesn’t live in Thailand.

So why not first discuss the faults of his own country rather than creating a thread on 1001 ways of degrading Thailand.

I do hope that mods close this thread, as this of no benefit to either the tourist industries, tourists, ex pats or foreigners working in Thailand and are totally respectful towards the Thai people and derogatory to the country.

Edited by sassienie

For those who enjoy the wilder pursuits in life, such as wine, women and song, than Chiang Mai is not for them.

Otherwise there are no reasons why anyone should avoid visiting or living in Chiang Mai.

As cities go, I wouldn't swap good ole quaint, safe Chiang Mai for anywhere else and as for it's faults, than it is as the Thais say: This Is Thailand, and it's the imperfections that make this country so unique and enjoyable.

It appears that as the OP has quoted he has limited knowledge of Thailand, than I would guess he doesn't live in Thailand.

So why not first discuss the faults of his own country rather than creating a thread on 1001 ways of degrading Thailand.

I do hope that mods close this thread, as this of no benefit to either the tourist industries, tourists, ex pats or foreigners working in Thailand and are totally respectful towards the Thai people and derogatory to the country.

Yes, it could be worse. There are other locales here that surely could be worst. Chiang Mai isn't that bad.

Couldn't agree more!

As cities go, I wouldn’t swap good ole quaint, safe Chiang Mai for anywhere else and as for it’s faults, than it is as the Thais say: This Is Thailand, and it’s the imperfections that make this country so unique and enjoyable.

It appears that as the OP has quoted he has limited knowledge of Thailand, than I would guess he doesn’t live in Thailand.

A popular poster on this forum recently mentioned that he advises tourist to avoid Thailand 'Like the plague' and that he had 1000 reasons as to why they shouldn't come here. That got me thinking. :D I was wondering about what they might be.

Anyway, with my limited knowledge of Thailand I thought about a 1001 reasons (to go one better) of why tourist should avoid Chiang Mai.

After a few days of deliberation I found one.

So, to get the ball rolling here it is  ....

1. It's too hot in May.

Take it from there......

"a popular poster on this forum recently mentioned that he advises......."

I may have this entirely wrong but in my copy of the Oxford the definition of popular is shown as "liked or enjoyed by a large number of people" Did you really mean that? :)

But on subject of this thread I would not put on my list of "1001 reasons" to avoid Chiang Mai as being those restaurants "that charge for water" :D

If we did that, this would certainly dwarf the hamburger threads. But what's the point?