Legal Abortions In Thailand

Martouf

This is my first post so I am sorry if the information is already somewhere in the archives.

My thai GF is pregnant and much to my surprise is considering an abortion because she cannot cope with idea of having a baby at present. I am ok with this - I love her and will look after her regardless.

As I understand the position to be, provided two doctors agree that the women's health/life is at danger they will agree to the abortion, but can anyone recommend a licensed hospital or clinic in the Udon Thani, Bangkok or Pattaya.

I know the area is rather diverse but due to the stigma that can be attached she does not want her family to know. I have done a search on past posts and have the telephone number for the PDA but I would be grateful for any help in finding a good place rather than telephoning or emailing numerous hospitals out of chance.

Any hospital can do it, but if you want direct link to a doctor review the pinned thread and perhaps contact one of the posters.

PDA clinic is, however, best (and certainly least expensive) option provided she is still very early. No branch in Udon that I know of but I believe one in Korat and of course Bangkok.

• 1 month later...
Any hospital can do it, but if you want direct link to a doctor review the pinned thread and perhaps contact one of the posters.

PDA clinic is, however, best (and certainly least expensive) option provided she is still very early. No branch in Udon that I know of but I believe one in Korat and of course Bangkok.

Thank you for the help - everything is now ok - the PDA were helpful although as a word of warning you need to make sure that girl has someone with her on the day you go and also to look after her afterwards