Ten Year Thai Visa

uptheos

Just came across this in the online version of City Life today.

It's of no interest to me, but I just wondered if anyone knows what it's about.....1-10 years? :)

Sorry if it looks jumbled I just cut and pasted, but you can see it in the classifieds City Life.

HeadlineVisa Processing CategoryServices Date21:23 28-Jul-2009 ByNick

Email[/email]

City / Location chiang mai Phone

Description any nationality that having problem with their visa. here's your chance, you can have a one to ten years visa if you want. No fake it's genuine..with a reliable agency. so now if you want to stay in thailand for a long time and no need to go out the country to have a 15 days visa. the price is very affordablem for more information just contact me by email given

Edited by Mario2008
email removed per forum policy - mario2008

It's of no interest to me, but I just wondered if anyone knows what it's about.....1-10 years? :D

Sorry if it looks jumbled I just cut and pasted, but you can see it in the classifieds City Life.

Email[/email]

Description any nationality that having problem with their visa. here's your chance, you can have a one to ten years visa if you want. No fake it's genuine..with a reliable agency. so now if you want to stay in thailand for a long time and no need to go out the country to have a 15 days visa. the price is very affordablem for more information just contact me by email given

Anything that someome insists is not a fake, usually is. Then we have the lovely word "affordablem" and try as I might, I just couldn't seem to find a reference to it. Using a non professional e-mail address is so very amature. I will reserve judgement untill I have a reply to my e-mail :)

Using a non professional e-mail address is so very amature. I will reserve judgement untill I have a reply to my e-mail!

Agreed! Anyone posing as a professional outfit while using a free email account is hiding from something. Either that or they really are armature. Either or, whenever a product or service is offered and the email is hotmail, gmail, yahoo, or any of the other give-aways, i say avoid them like the frigging plague.

Aitch

... and if you google on that email address you find another ad in citylife back in late 2008:

"We are presently in need of at least 10 optometrists (Filipino or Thai doesn't matter as long as he/she is licensed in his/her home country and in the country where he/she is currently employed).

Basic US $800.00 monthly tax-free

Accommodation is free

Plane tickets free

All visa and licensing costs free"

So interesting/unusual business whatever it is they are doing ...

Using a non professional e-mail address is so very amature. I will reserve judgement untill I have a reply to my e-mail!

Agreed! Anyone posing as a professional outfit while using a free email account is hiding from something. Either that or they really are armature. Either or, whenever a product or service is offered and the email is hotmail, gmail, yahoo, or any of the other give-aways, i say avoid them like the frigging plague.

Aitch

Amature? Armature?.......Try 'Amateur'....'One who does something for interest not money' or 'Unskilled Practitioner'. I suspect the latter is the correct description for these Sharks.

It's of no interest to me, but I just wondered if anyone knows what it's about.....1-10 years? :D

Email[/color][/email]

Anything that someome insists is not a fake, usually is. Then we have the lovely word "affordablem" and try as I might, I just couldn't seem to find a reference to it. Using a non professional e-mail address is so very amature. I will reserve judgement untill I have a reply to my e-mail :)

It is obvious: there is a problem with being affordable ==> affordablem

So I did some research because I was curious about this scam. They're basically offering ED visas using fake school documentation... 28,000 baht. Buyer beware. I was told to 'send my passport to Bangkok'... hmm thanks but no thanks :)

Amature? Armature?.......Try 'Amateur'....'One who does something for interest not money' or 'Unskilled Practitioner'. I suspect the latter is the correct description for these Sharks.

Jeez that surely can't be "Kevin Hunt/chiangmaioldhand/muggins" back so soon :) Time will tell I suppose :D

Jeez that surely can't be "Kevin Hunt/chiangmaioldhand/muggins" back so soon :) Time will tell I suppose :D

hope so

what would some members do without a subject to beat :D

Edited by alant

Is there a way to let city life now that its a scam so they can stop publishing the ad? Or is getting scam money to important for city life folks?

Was the email address gmail? Or another provider? Maybe we could sign them up for a touch of spam? If gmail it wouldn't be worth it cause their filters are to good.

Is there a way to let city life now that its a scam so they can stop publishing the ad? Or is getting scam money to important for city life folks?

Was the email address gmail? Or another provider? Maybe we could sign them up for a touch of spam? If gmail it wouldn't be worth it cause their filters are to good.

Do we know it's a scam for sure? As yet has anybody paid over cash and been ripped off?

It certainly sounds iffy, but innocent until proven guilty, unless of course in Thailand!

Regards Bojo

Thats exactly what I was thinking :D

You will probably find this time that Kevin wont admit to his crime :D

Do we know it's a scam for sure? As yet has anybody paid over cash and been ripped off?

It certainly sounds iffy, but innocent until proven guilty, unless of course in Thailand!

Regards Bojo

Wouldn't a look at the Thai Immigration website confirm that its a scam? If there is nothing about a 10 year visa then its a scam. I can't read thai just yet so I will have to leave someone else more knowledgeable to that task.

What an awful thing to say! First of all, our classifieds are FREE service, so, I don't know how we would be making any money. Secondly, we have a lovely girl, Yui, and her job is to edit and approve these classifieds. She tries her best, but I am sure most people would understand that a non native speaker may not get subtleties of scams and other odds and ends we have had posted on the site over the years. Thanks to the poster who pmed me and told me about this, I will remove the link immediately. Poor Yui is beside herself reading this next to me.

What an awful thing to say! First of all, our classifieds are FREE service, so, I don't know how we would be making any money.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Pim,

The poster who said this likes to throw dirt into empty holes in the ground thinking maybe that will make someone get buried there, and they can go to the reception after the funeral and get a free lunch :)

I would pay no more attention to that remark than a mosquito; just swat it, and forget it. This is just the usual low-grade sociopathic static on TeeVee; adjust your set.

"Secondly, we have a lovely girl, Yui ... Poor Yui is beside herself reading this next to me.

Now this I find very exciting : you imply that not only is she "lovely" but she is capable, at times, of being both herself and not "beside herself" : since I have the same ability ("ability" being a euphemism, a politically correct "kowtow," for being "possessed") I am thinking maybe Yui and Yui and I and I should meet.

With multiple selves, language differences are less important, I and I think, but, I think, that is not really the same as "two-for-one" in case that's what you and you are thinking.

regards, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

I will pass on your sentiments Orang! But I fear Yui and Yui are both conformed bachalorettes...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Pim,

Thanks : for me and me, her and her being "conformed bachalorettes" wouldn't be a problem, since I and I am only seeking a Woman-Goddess combination to worship and please, not the usual combination of "servant-wife and housekeeper" that most Farangs seek :) And I and I have enough non-conformity for a party of four.

As for her being a member of the "bachalorettes" : I can sing both human, and Orang doo-wop, myselves.

I and I are hearing the Diamonds singing "Why do fools fall in love" as my human form writes this ... right now :

best, ~o:37;

What an awful thing to say! First of all, our classifieds are FREE service, so, I don't know how we would be making any money. Secondly, we have a lovely girl, Yui, and her job is to edit and approve these classifieds. She tries her best, but I am sure most people would understand that a non native speaker may not get subtleties of scams and other odds and ends we have had posted on the site over the years. Thanks to the poster who pmed me and told me about this, I will remove the link immediately. Poor Yui is beside herself reading this next to me.

I'm sure most posters accept that you can't check every ad. As you were pmd and then took out the ad then you responded correctly and quickly.

I can't comment on Orang as I don't know what he's talking about. Whatever he's smoking must be good though :)

I know if you take the Thai language course at Chiangmai University, once you get your original visa outside the country they will do all the renewing at immigration for you whilst you are taking it - and you don't need to leave the country. I believe you can actually study up to ten years, but I'm not certain as the information that was given to me was a bit sketchy. There is also a 'volunteer' programme advertised all around town that is affiliated with CMU and you have to agree to do at least 4 hours volunteer work of your choice per week and the same visa deal operates.

Walen should be able to shed more light on it.

. There is also a 'volunteer' programme advertised all around town that is affiliated with CMU and you have to agree to do at least 4 hours volunteer work of your choice per week and the same visa deal operates.

Do they supply a work permit?

You need a work permit to volunteer legally.

I was under the impression you couldn't get a WP on an ED Visa - and you have to leave each year and return. Many schools do the ED Visa paperwork as part of a 'learning Thai' program - I also believe (talking to someone who owns such a school recently) that you can get up to 5 years learning Thai (elevating a level each year) and then do other languages as long as they are not the national language of the country to come from. Doing this, 10 years is doable (but who wants to study full time for 10 years!).

I think the affiliation/volunteer program at CMU is for CTEFL courses - afterwards byou can do 4 hours a week for a charity and they get you a voluteer WP (legally you cant earn on it - and I understand you get a Non-Imm 'o' rather than 'B'). This is really quite expensive though - Siam Educational Experience (SEE) In Keo Nawarat Rd does the same, is a well respected course, costs less and do all the paperwork (for WP/Visa) at cost price (around 5k all told I believe - immigration charges only) - students can be temple schools, orphanages, nurses, police officers and so on.

I am not affiliated, but have done the course (costs just under $1000US for CTEFL course - but unlike many, you will be taught grammar, some Thai, Thai culture and teaching inputs etc).

. There is also a 'volunteer' programme advertised all around town that is affiliated with CMU and you have to agree to do at least 4 hours volunteer work of your choice per week and the same visa deal operates.

This is not gospel. From what I have heard from who I consider a very reliable source. Immigration and CMU have some kind of 'understanding' and you don't need a work permit, just the original visa from outside this country...in fact I also heard that it is immigration that does the kow towing and not CMU

The charge for volunteering is 15,000 Baht.

This is not gospel. From what I have heard from who I consider a very reliable source. Immigration and CMU have some kind of 'understanding' and you don't need a work permit, just the original visa from outside this country...in fact I also heard that it is immigration that does the kow towing and not CMU

The charge for volunteering is 15,000 Baht.

Some kind of understanding!!!! Reliable source??? :)

The experts on this board say you must have a work permit to volunteer and they are Gods so I take this as gospel. Read here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Volunteer-Work-t281905.html

Also,

Immigration issue and deal with visas.

The Labour Office issue and deal with work permits.

If CMU are claiming a special relationship with someone at immigration which abrogates the need for a work permit, I would be very very careful and check independently.