Us B1/b2: "accompanying Amcit" - Huh?

My GF just got a B1/B2 visa for the US. (It was surprisingly easy.) However, the visa has the annotation: "ACCOMPANYING AMCIT" followed by my name. Does that mean we have to travel together and enter at the same Immigration counter? I've searched around not found any web references to this specific annotation.

Is the visa a single entry? My wife’s first visa was a single entry with a similar notation on it. We never used it so I don’t know if you have to go to the same counter. When we did go to the US and I did go with her to the Non-US Passport line and we went to the counter together. But I always do that no matter what country we enter.

I think the consulate puts the notation on so the immigration people at the Port of Entry (POE) will know why the visa was issued. AMCIT is short for AMerican CITizen.

TH

My wife also had that specification on the restricted tourist visa when she entered at DFW. I wasn't sure so I went to the foreign passports line with her. When we got to the CBP agent he asked why I didn't use the US passport line and I explained the reason. He told me next time to take her with me to the US citizen lines.

Also, her visa had specifications on where and how long we were planning to stay (it was a 3 week vacation for me). The CBP agent approved her permitted to stay date for 6 months and that the Bangkok office had been in error in specifying only three weeks. No matter 3 weeeks was the plan. Don't have to do that again because come November we are using her IR 1 immigrant visa to go to the US to stay for a couple of years and then back to LOS!

I think the consulate puts the notation on the visas to show that they are the south end of a northbound horse.

As said expect you will have to be with her. As to what line that seems to change with the weather. My wife had a 10 year visa and our first trip to LA we were told to both use the American line. Next entry in Seattle we used American line without any question. Next time at Seattle they flatly refused to stamp at American line (and rather nasty about it) so we went to foreign line (and another immigration officer (who suspect had overheard) allowed us to bypass queue (everyone on flight to New York had to clear immigration in Seattle that time). Have not returned since and that was five years ago.

As said expect you will have to be with her. As to what line that seems to change with the weather. My wife had a 10 year visa and our first trip to LA we were told to both use the American line. Next entry in Seattle we used American line without any question. Next time at Seattle they flatly refused to stamp at American line (and rather nasty about it) so we went to foreign line (and another immigration officer (who suspect had overheard) allowed us to bypass queue (everyone on flight to New York had to clear immigration in Seattle that time). Have not returned since and that was five years ago.

[/quote

U.S. immigration has always been polite to my wife. Probably because Hawaii goes out its way to cater to asians. They make up a large portion of the state's population and our foreign visitors. Also helps that we have one of the most senior members

of congress who successfully lobbied to clear the bottleneck at Honolulu International. We now fly out of Kona where the bulk of the passengers are Japanese tourist. So the American line is short. Soon the missus will be a U.S. citizen. Then no worry about which line to stand in.