Best Place For A Non-o

I wonder if anyone can offer some advice.

I need a new non-o, based on being a parent of a Thai national.

I'm thinking of either KL or Laos or open to any other suggestions.

Does anyone know the most hassle free place, most friendly staff, quickest turnaround etc.

I'll be travelling from Bangkok.

Many thanks.

GFL.

I wonder if anyone can offer some advice.

I need a new non-o, based on being a parent of a Thai national.

I'm thinking of either KL or Laos or open to any other suggestions.

Does anyone know the most hassle free place, most friendly staff, quickest turnaround etc.

I'll be travelling from Bangkok.

Many thanks.

GFL.

I guess KL would be a good option but wait for the experts to advice you on that

I'm thinking of going to Perth later in the year, (will be the start of their summer) :) Lovely city and will be a nice holiday break.

Can get cheapish flights with Air Asia or Tiger Airways.

I've got a British passport, i am single, under 50 years old, no children (that i know of) :D

Heard they are hassle free for a Non-O Multi Entry Visa's.

Can anyone confirm or tell me different?

Boycie

If going to Perth, check office hours as they are only open twice a week I think. Tuesdays & Thursday mornings only for visa applications.

They prefer you to drop off say tues and pick up thurs - never a problem.

But carry copies of everything, wedding certificate or letter of proof you have lived with partner x years, partners I.D. info, childs birth certificate etc, etc.

Edited by LeungKen

I'm thinking of going to Perth later in the year, (will be the start of their summer) :) Lovely city and will be a nice holiday break.

Can get cheapish flights with Air Asia or Tiger Airways.

I've got a British passport, i am single, under 50 years old, no children (that i know of) :D

Heard they are hassle free for a Non-O Multi Entry Visa's.

Can anyone confirm or tell me different?

Boycie

Perth sounds great. Does anyone out here know how difficult it would be for me to bring my Thai wife with me.

No. But it is closer and if you meet the marriage requirements they can be obtained there. You should have marriage certificate/copy of wife ID card and a bank account showing some funds available in Thailand (20-100k seems to be acceptable and some without accounts have obtained). Copy of home register of wife and a note from her asking for visa issue is also good to have just in case they suspect you may not be living together.

You will not obtain a non immigrant visa there for visiting friends.

No. But it is closer and if you meet the marriage requirements they can be obtained there. You should have marriage certificate/copy of wife ID card and a bank account showing some funds available in Thailand (20-100k seems to be acceptable and some without accounts have obtained). Copy of home register of wife and a note from her asking for visa issue is also good to have just in case they suspect you may not be living together.

You will not obtain a non immigrant visa there for visiting friends.

KL is better then as I do meet the marriage requirements. Should one take originals as well as copies of everything?

Signed copy of ID card and home register is all that would be required - you should have an original of marriage certificate and copy. Original and copy of bank passbook.

What are the requirements for a Non-O based on fatherhood to a Thai child in KL? Same money amount as mentioned for marriage? Any member reports?

thx,

welo

The money is for multi entry - there should not be any requirement for a normal single entry. Sorry can not address the child multi entry but expect they would like to see the same as marriage as extension of stay is the same. But have not seen any report the requirement is hard and fast (like Singapore used to be) but rather that they would like to see something.

The money is for multi entry - there should not be any requirement for a normal single entry. Sorry can not address the child multi entry but expect they would like to see the same as marriage as extension of stay is the same. But have not seen any report the requirement is hard and fast (like Singapore used to be) but rather that they would like to see something.

Thx, I understand that we can only conclude that a 'child multi entry' would be similar to multi entry/marriage in KL.

So to restate the question of the OP, what are possible/best places to go get a multi entry based on fatherhood? Besides KL, what about Vientiane, Penang, Phnom Penh (in this order)? Looking at the 'latest reports...' thread there are not many reports on marriage/child multi entry Non-O.

I am lacking the overview here, can somebody step in?

welo