Visitor Visa

Hi,

My GF has just recieved a VV yesterday for 6 months which expires in Jan 2010.

I plan for my GF to travel to the UK In September for approx 6 Weeks.

Just a Couple of Questions.

1) On the application form My GF stated that the duration of her visit was for 4 weeks , if she stays 6 weeks would this be frowned upon if she applies for another VV in future.

2) When would be the earliest time my GF could apply for another VV is it 12 months from the start (18/7/09) or end (17/1/2010) of the Visa.

Your help is much appreciated.

Dave

Q.1 No, the visa is valid for 6 months and as long as she leaves the UK when or before it expires she will be fine. However, to avoid any possible questions, were she to apply again she should include a brief explanation of why she stayed longer than originally intended.

Q.2 The convention is that a visitor should not spend more than 6 months out of any 12 in the UK; this 12 month period could begin on her first entry to the UK, or some other date. It depends on how often someone visits and for how long.

If she is staying just 6 weeks this time she effectively has another 18 weeks in the UK in the 12 month period starting with her first entry before she would fall foul of this convention. Indeed, assuming her current visa is multi entry (and they usually are) she could use the same visa to re-enter the UK if she were to re-visit before it expired.

I doubt they would pick up on the over stay i have had clients apply for 1 month and they have stayed the full 6 months and never had any problems with future applications.

However i would personally not advise it myself but use your common sense.

Good luck.

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress