People Stood In Line!

JacknDanny

Yes this is true and not a wind up. Yesterday at 0915hrs whiLst travelling on the BTS, upon leaving Siam, I noticed several roes of people actually queuing in straight lines waiting to get on the train.

Admittedly I didnt actually see the embarking and disembarking, but whats happened. Has anyone else seen this?

Are the Thai Volunteer Police force in Bangkok now making sure everybody travels in a neat and orderly file??

Yes this is true and not a wind up. Yesterday at 0915hrs whiLst travelling on the BTS, upon leaving Siam, I noticed several roes of people actually queuing in straight lines waiting to get on the train.

Admittedly I didnt actually see the embarking and disembarking, but whats happened. Has anyone else seen this?

Are the Thai Volunteer Police force in Bangkok now making sure everybody travels in a neat and orderly file??

Sorry moderators this should be in General Topics. Mistakenly clicked the mouse on the wrong bit!!!!!!!

Or form ONE line at double ATMs... People tend to form 2 queues at them where I'd personally would like to queue up in the middle and just let the next person pick the first available ATM.. for some reason I always find myself behind that one factory worker who got this month's assignment of withdrawing the separate 2000 baht for 27 of her collegues.

Thanks for listening to that one. Oh how tough life is around here.. :o

Or form ONE line at double ATMs...  People tend to form 2 queues at them where I'd personally would like to queue up in the middle and just let the next person pick the first available ATM.. for some reason I always find myself behind that one factory worker who got this month's assignment of withdrawing the separate 2000 baht for 27 of her collegues. 

Thanks for listening to that one.  Oh how tough life is around here.. :D

or at the bus stations............... :o

Have to agree lining up at the BTS is nothing new but certainly not adhered to 100%of the time.

Rush hours at Siam station lines and letting people off before boarding are 'enforced' by station staff.

I have also witnessed more informal lines at Mo Chit.

The lining up was instigated by BTS management a long time ago during the peak hour periods. The initial "education" was undertaken by BTS staff (dare I say using loud-hailers!).

BTS management should be congratulated for taking on this responsibility - well done I say!

Or form ONE line at double ATMs...  People tend to form 2 queues at them where I'd personally would like to queue up in the middle and just let the next person pick the first available ATM.. for some reason I always find myself behind that one factory worker who got this month's assignment of withdrawing the separate 2000 baht for 27 of her collegues. 

Thanks for listening to that one.  Oh how tough life is around here.. :o

When they going to line up in London?

Don't start on ATMs...What is it about these machines? As far as I can see 95% of people behave as though they are confronting a dragon. So it takes at least 5 minutes for a simple transaction..

The BKK Bank here has a full time employee whose sole task is to instruct Thais in the use of the ATM...once instructed astonishing sums come out. One lady said to wife. I have forgotten my PIN number. pleaee can you get some money our for me from your card....??! Wife demurred. Old lady very put out!