Sexual Harassment

toybits

Good thread you have started here BTW.

Thank you.

OK, I can see that you are a decent sort with good intentions but why do you feel it's up to you? And what's this possessive collective "my girls" all about, eh? You sound more like a mother hen or an office manager who himself may be seeking less overt but still flirtatious interactions with 'your girls'. Or more like the regular bloke at the local pub who is popular with the girls but resents the flash, new bloke who comes in and tries to get their attention.

I may act like a mother hen because I try to shield my staff from blokes like these. I do not act like a posessive pimp and do not hit on my girls. I do not flirt with my girls - although sometimes the girls flirt with me and give me a back rub which I do not encourage.

Your second point that you could "probably get away with it" because you aren't Thai also carries the equally strong chance of your verbal warning being totally discounted precisely because you are seen as the ignorant foreigner who doesn't know any better IMHO.

Correct! Which is why I would rather hover around when that person is at the office.

So, why does he come to your department in the first place? If he is legitimately dropping off or picking up something, maybe you should preempt his visits by delivering whatever it is to his office first. If he is just coming by so he can cop a feel and act the lad, maybe you should bring it up with superiors. Like in my comment about the oxygen waster Chinese male surveyors I had to deal with, it was a legitimate complaint about their innefficiency that stopped their "farting in church" as my granny would say.

I think he just want's to get his rocks off... Have a little fun with the girls - as they say.

And some of the girls were little hotties too I may add.

It sounds like maybe your company is a small entity without a dedicated HR body? If you are just an employee, like this other bloke, playing office politics masquerading as political correctness may well backfire.

We are a small office and do not have a dedicated HR Body. Which is why some of the suggestions regarding a more direct approach might not be the best approach.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anonymous notes are for women. be a man. have some balls. etc etc.

Not that it matters in this case, but I notice a few "be a man" answers and until now no indication from op on op's gender?

I think somewhere along the way he did mention Tom, Dick or Harry. Still confused? Two are men's names while the other is just likes short hair, dress shirts, blue jeans and men's perfume.