Bobby Robson Rip

spongeman

i can't think of many people in football who when they die or died do not have a single bad word uttered about them ever. bobby robson was an absolute gentleman, a true lover of football and one of the most endearing and enthusiastic football men i have seen in my lifetime. he'll be missed. RIP robby bobson.

RIP Sir Bobby and thank you for your outstanding contribution to football and humanitarianism.

I had the pleasure of meeting you on a dozen occasions and you always added value to whatever event you attended with your passion for the game (and life) and your understanding that people mattered.

Thank you for:-

The privelege of watching your Ipswich teams play football the way God intended.

The honesty in which you fulfilled the England job. The Sun was close to having you down as another "turnip head" until results went in your favour. No more than you deserved, and as for penalties - well, enough has been said about those.

Thank you for coming along to the Felixstowe Freight Club lunch - all too easy to avoid with the commitments you had a few years ago. The standing ovation you received from over 200 lunch guests was the epitomy of the warmth and respect with which you were regarded in Suffolk. Suffolk - a back-water in footballing terms that cannot compare to your north east roots. Nevertheless, the passion, warmth and respect towards you, from the people of Suffolk, is just as strong.

You fought the big "C" on many occasions - it is typical of you that you gave back more than you received with your fund-raising activities.

RIP