Meet Some Xpats Girls ?

Lola8288

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I just found out about this forum today. Great thing! I will move to Bangkok in about a month to stay for about two years. I will be happy to chit chat with other expat women, have coffees, beers or anything else.

Oh right, age seems to be a topic, so: I'm soon turning 28.

Hope to see one or the other of you once I'm there.

Cheers from Spain!

don't know who removed your post from last night bkkmadness but I just read it & know why they removed it. Please remember there are ladies present :D

Yep, I thought might get some trouble for it, but figured some of the ladies wouldn't be offended by a comment like that in this day and age, pretty sure the OP and posters like Shola and SBK wouldn't so I didn't edit it. And kinda funny considering her avatar. :o

Anyway no worries Boo. Sometimes I like a little discipline in a ladies room. :D

I know you meant no offense BKK but it's sometimes a fine line on this part of the forum with some liking to make remarks about western ladies that aren't meant in jest, so thats prob why another mod removed it. :D

I should have put a :o next to my "ladys present" comment :D

My father didn't raise any sissy girls so if I find you offensive I will certainly not be shy in letting you know about it :o

But I also learned to have a very tough skin regarding others sense of humor as my father often likes to "take the piss" as our English friends like to call it. He used to shock the heck out of my friends who weren't used to his gentle teasing!

Anyway, I am still on Koh P, looking to come to Bangkok perhaps mid-May, still up in the air when I go home just yet. I will post here, it would be great to meet more TV ladies (Nice meeting you Seville, and Kat, I will give you a call in the morning). I don't drink much so won't be involved too much in a pissup but still like to have fun!

My father didn't raise any sissy girls so if I find you offensive I will certainly not be shy in letting you know about it  :D

But I also learned to have a very tough skin regarding others sense of humor as my father often likes to "take the piss" as our English friends like to call it. He used to shock the heck out of my friends who weren't used to his gentle teasing!

Anyway, I am still on Koh P, looking to come to Bangkok perhaps mid-May, still up in the air when I go home just yet. I will post here, it would be great to meet more TV ladies (Nice meeting you Seville, and Kat, I will give you a call in the morning). I don't drink much so won't be involved too much in a pissup but still like to have fun!

I can't remember what I was going to say now. :o

Seeign as the general topic has moved towards meeting people, maybe you guys and gals can help me out on this one...

I basically grew up in bangkok, family moved here when I was 10 (from taiwan), went to the british school here until I graduated from High school. Moved to the US and went to college there, where I did graduate and work until last may when I decided to come back and work for my parents.

Well that didnt' work out at all so I went out and I found me a job here in bangkok. Here's the kicker, even though bangkok is like home to me, but as I don't have thai residency or any official documents from the thai government other than my drivers license and a visa to stay here, I figured I'm more of an expat than anything else. :D

Granted if you ever met me, you'd never be able to pass me off as a local in a million years, I still find it hard to meeting people my own age of a crowd that I'd feel more comfortable with. So here's my question, were do young expats "hang out"? :D Coz seeing as most people pass me off for an asian american, I figured it's time I found people more like me to hang out with. (Not tryign to sound like an ass, but I couldn't care less what people's skin color or sexual orientations are, I just want to meet people whom I can coverse with without having to explain myslef over and over again simply due to the cultural and language differences. :D )

I'm 25 myself, and the last yr has consisted of making friends with peopel whom also grew up in the international schools here like I did, but here's the kicker, I'm the oldest person in our group and the person nearest to me in age is still 3 years younger than me. :o (and no, I don't like littel boys or little girls!) Now, they are good friends, but I'm finding the urge to find people my own age to hang out with. People who do have a background other than thailand, and this is not trying to sound discriminative, but people with more of a western background.

Forgive if I come off like an ######, who probably doesn't need to be in thailand, but I'm kinda a tell it as I see it guy, and when I go on a rant, I sometimes lack the ability to be tactful in how I put things. I have nothing against thai people or the culture, infact I love it here, otherwise I wound't still be here. :D But I just miss the "western norm" :D if you can call it that, just meeting people that I can understand, and people who can understand me.

Which brings me back to my original point... where do people like me generaly hang out? I've tried londoners, but that still just seems a lil bit old for me. And all the other places I use to hang out at before I left for college, have been run over by high school kiddies..... but you know just as well as I do, I've just simply grown too old for those place.. :D

I'm really a nice person, with a good sense of humor (even though it's fairly dry). So if anyone feels generous or daring enough to show this kid around town, I'd be more than happy to check out your suggestions. So thanks to those who actually took the time to read this.

Ciao :D

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking for girls/boys about my age, to hang out in BKK, make friends. Pm me if you are interested. I miss a good girl afternoon gossips and laughs. :o

Hi Lola8288 ill be in Bkk in 2 weeks for the first time travelling alone, and im in age range, we can hang out if you want. PM me if u want to

• 2 weeks later...

Chieuy I'd be happy to meet up sometime, go for a drink or what have you. Im 21 male, and Im sure 'custard' would be up for it too - cant give you any specific places where young expats hang out because frankly I dont know any. Perhaps there arent enough of us, or we're not organised, or most people our age are not expats in the strict sense, just visitors still completing education or work etc. I think also most younger folks like to meet Thai people more often than not.

Anyway I can relate to your feelings about wanting the 'western' norm now and then. Send a message my way if you're interested.

Also always interested to meet anyone so if the OP is having a group thing and doesnt mind some guys tagging along? Not sure im all that good at chatting about shopping and hair tho.... :o

Hi Chiuey etc.

You can always join up with my group of expat friends here, we always end up with random people in a taxi together going from club to club anyway. That's a normal weekend!

Normally start out on Khao San or somewhere for food and drinks then move on to a club like Bed or Mystique, then on to Ratchada open-air food court (or indeed someone's apartment for an after party). It's always good fun, guys and girls doing different jobs here from 26-29 age range, different nationalities, singles and non-singles.

In fact..this Friday off to Mystique and Saturday some of us are off to Zantika. I would offer photos, but they might scare you off.

Hey Lola! I am actually moving to Thailand at the end of June, and I won't know anyone, and I'm so nervous. I'd def be up for hanging out...i know its 3 weeks away, but the offer is on the table...

I'm looking for girls/boys about my age, to hang out in BKK, make friends. Pm me if you are interested. I miss a good girl afternoon gossips and laughs. :o

• 3 weeks later...