August 1, 200917 yr I'm a moron. I only renewed my Thai licenses yesterday (Pattaya) and completely forgot to ask at the branch.............where I can obtain the IDP from? I have trawled the Motor Forum website and it appears there are 5 Land transport offices in Bangkok. Which one do I use? And........does anyone know if they can issue the 1926 Convention IDP? Instead of the usual 1949? Reason I ask is that I have to go to Nigeria and they only accept the 1926 one
August 1, 200917 yr I'm a moron. I only renewed my Thai licenses yesterday (Pattaya) and completely forgot to ask at the branch.............where I can obtain the IDP from? I have trawled the Motor Forum website and it appears there are 5 Land transport offices in Bangkok. Which one do I use? And........does anyone know if they can issue the 1926 Convention IDP? Instead of the usual 1949? Reason I ask is that I have to go to Nigeria and they only accept the 1926 one Ministery of transportation in Bangkok, Headoffice in "Mo Chit" If you have WP it's easy of you don't, you need a certificate of residence (Immigration), Two Photos as well.
August 2, 200917 yr Author I'm a moron. I only renewed my Thai licenses yesterday (Pattaya) and completely forgot to ask at the branch.............where I can obtain the IDP from? I have trawled the Motor Forum website and it appears there are 5 Land transport offices in Bangkok. Which one do I use? And........does anyone know if they can issue the 1926 Convention IDP? Instead of the usual 1949? Reason I ask is that I have to go to Nigeria and they only accept the 1926 one Ministery of transportation in Bangkok, Headoffice in "Mo Chit" If you have WP it's easy of you don't, you need a certificate of residence (Immigration), Two Photos as well. Many thanks.
August 10, 200917 yr I'm a moron. I only renewed my Thai licenses yesterday (Pattaya) and completely forgot to ask at the branch.............where I can obtain the IDP from? I have trawled the Motor Forum website and it appears there are 5 Land transport offices in Bangkok. Which one do I use? And........does anyone know if they can issue the 1926 Convention IDP? Instead of the usual 1949? Reason I ask is that I have to go to Nigeria and they only accept the 1926 one Ministery of transportation in Bangkok, Headoffice in "Mo Chit" If you have WP it's easy of you don't, you need a certificate of residence (Immigration), Two Photos as well. I would like to get an International Thai Drivers Licence too ! I just got my 5 year licence and would like to know what to do now and what is WP ? Thanks
August 10, 200917 yr I'm a moron. I only renewed my Thai licenses yesterday (Pattaya) and completely forgot to ask at the branch.............where I can obtain the IDP from? I have trawled the Motor Forum website and it appears there are 5 Land transport offices in Bangkok. Which one do I use? And........does anyone know if they can issue the 1926 Convention IDP? Instead of the usual 1949? Reason I ask is that I have to go to Nigeria and they only accept the 1926 one Ministery of transportation in Bangkok, Headoffice in "Mo Chit" If you have WP it's easy of you don't, you need a certificate of residence (Immigration), Two Photos as well. I would like to get an International Thai Drivers Licence too ! I just got my 5 year licence and would like to know what to do now and what is WP ? Thanks WP = Work Permit, Take your Thai 5 year DL + photos + WP/Residence Certificate and got to Mo chit traffic department - Pay your money and get your Thai IDP
August 20, 200917 yr The above discussion does not do justice to what an applicant needs. The requiements are the same as applying for a 5 year licence. I went today as was danced around because I didn't have my "original" work permit; I had only a photocopy. In the morning a lady said NO, in the afternoon someone else said okay, but I didn't have a non-imm visa. The photos are said to be 2 inch, whatever that means. Take everything and copies. Sok dee deu.
Create an account or sign in to comment