Thaksin Confident He Can Return To Thailand In 6 Months

churchill

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is confident that he can return to Thailand in six months, Kwanchai Praiphana, chairman of the Udon Thani Loving Club, said Saturday.

Kwanchai said he met Thaksin in Dubai and he expressed the confidence that the political situation would change and the Democrat-led government would collapse so he would be able to return in six months.

Kwanchai said Thaksin also promised that he would return to serve the people by returning to politics.

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 01/08/09http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/30108858/Thaksin-confident-he-can-return-to-Thailand-in-6-m

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin also promised that he would return to serve the people by returning to politics.

:) ..This guy should be a stand up comic...Thaksin will "serve" the people, put his hand in the till and serve himself, the same as he did the first time round....

I look forward to his return, arrest and subsequent imprisonment. I doubt it will happen though.

A law prohibiting anyone with certain convictions from standing for political office could help to solve a lot of problems in Thailand.

I look forward to his return, arrest and subsequent imprisonment. I doubt it will happen though.

A law prohibiting anyone with certain convictions from standing for political office could help to solve a lot of problems in Thailand.

Believe there already is a law in place, whether its enforced is another matter... :)

He clearly just wants to stay in the top of people's minds. Not a bad strategy for what its worth. In some ways it doesn't matter what foolishness he spews, as long as it is newsworthy. His other clear strategy is to hope that people forget his miserable failure during black Songkran. I still think at this point it is highly likely that he has serious mental health issues.

Edited by Jingthing

Thaksin would be good for the country - it can only get better - besides, everyone will want to check him out.

The lost prodigal son, reborn. Tourism will flourish, A380's will be fast tracked, Baht=$45, free very cold Chang,

Buy on BG, get one free, etc, et al. All kinds of good things will happen. Nothing to complain about on TV.

Bummer - keep him in exile.

BR>Jack

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is confident that he can return to Thailand in six months, Kwanchai Praiphana, chairman of the Udon Thani Loving Club, said Saturday.

Kwanchai said he met Thaksin in Dubai and he expressed the confidence that the political situation would change and the Democrat-led government would collapse so he would be able to return in six months.

Kwanchai said Thaksin also promised that he would return to serve the people by returning to politics.

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 01/08/09http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/30108858/Thaksin-confident-he-can-return-to-Thailand-in-6-m

this announcement is utter mockery! blah blah blah

Years ago a Mr. Taksin promised to solve Bangkok's traffic problems within 6 month. The outcome of this promise is widely known...

He can return now! Why in 6 month...? Truly he must be a very desperate man!

He can come back to Thailand in 6 hours or less.

He can be here for breakfast if he chooses to. But he doesn't...

He wants to CONTROL Thailand when he returns, a much taller order.

Here's hoping his delusions of power here get the better of him,

he does come back, and right into stir like a good little muffin,

and await his other court dates like a hot crossed bun in a heatwave.

All the sweet stuff's melted and dripped on his PRATinum cuff links.

Edited by animatic

According to my missus he was corrupt but in a better way than the present regime. :D She says the new lot are stripping the south of timber, borrowing from the US and diverting the funds, no money getting through to schools and hospitals, etc etc . At least Taksin put the money taken from ya ba sellers to good use.

He was the best of a bad lot and the sun still shines out of his bum. :) Khun Taksin come home, we miss you.

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of the poster. :D

He clearly just wants to stay in the top of people's minds. Not a bad strategy for what its worth. In some ways it doesn't matter what foolishness he spews, as long as it is newsworthy. His other clear strategy is to hope that people forget his miserable failure during black Songkran. I still think at this point it is highly likely that he has serious mental health issues.

Yeah, once the UK Government revoked his visa T hadn't any choice but to become a global nomad, a man without a country. Think about being a man without a country. I'd say that's when he seriously began to lose it. Certainly, his maladies have rapidly intensified since.

Imagine him back in the LOS. Of course it just ain't gonna happen, but thinking of it is an absolute horror. :)

A man without a country is nonsense - every maladjusted wonk I know is happily living elsewhere.

With his kind of moolah, he dont care - he just loves to windup everyone here on TV. Works!!

Bubba

Not quite. The future of his MONEY INTERESTS lies in THAILAND.

A true statesman. He will be missed. My condolences to the family

"Condolences to the family?"

"Statesman?"

"He will be missed."

Did some morally exemplary and globally respected international Thai humanitarian pass away?

No just another mini-hagiograph for Thaksin

from some newbie posting on TVF for hours, so far not even days.

Joined today, Post # 7

And the rest just building a rep in short bursts it appears...

#1 My condolences to the families 22:08:08 or 10 AM east coast USA time,

where the Thaksin PR firm is...

#2 My condolences to the Thai people.

Surly the final nail in the coffin for tourism. 22:09:22

#3 What a shame. If only Walter Cronkite were alive 22:11:17

#4 What a shame. My condolences 22:13:03

#5 My condolences to the Walker family 22:13:48

#6 Truly a tragedy. My condolences to the Thai people 22:14:30

#7 A true statesman. He will be missed.

My condolences to the family 22:15:21

Gee wiz; see the pattern?

1/2 hour rep building and off to another site to post.

One dig at the government and one plug for Thaksin.

And the rest boiler plate, building message count, and maybe looking sympathetic.

Blog infiltration 101

Edited by animatic

You just click on a member's name and then on "view posts" - with only seven contributions it's not too difficult to spot a pattern.

Well Plus, who's been banned recently?

Maybe the new staff is not read up on the manual yet.

Ah well more grist for the mill.

Strange how this news and the fine for jay walking came in at the same time.....thats how they are going to deter him from coming back.

With the King Power troubles and the tourists being menaced, not to mention the taxis,they could employ him as troubleshooter for the area. At the moment its open season there, with Thaksin it would be the nice kind of corruption.

yeah baby, come back right now :)

Hello, Santa Claus will go to Thailand in the next 6 months too. This is another load of manure from a Thaksin supporter that might be paid for his loyalty. The only thing Thaksin will serve is time in a prison when or if he returns to Thailand. Cheers.

:D

According to my missus he was corrupt but in a better way than the present regime. :D She says the new lot are stripping the south of timber, borrowing from the US and diverting the funds, no money getting through to schools and hospitals, etc etc . At least Taksin put the money taken from ya ba sellers to good use.

He was the best of a bad lot and the sun still shines out of his bum. :) Khun Taksin come home, we miss you.

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of the poster. :D

And UR Missus knows this how? The Farangs on this blog always put a grin on my face. My Missus told me, My missus uncle told me. My missus brother who is a policman and who happens to be privey to all the scandals of any Govt. :D:D:D:D