The Stock Market

I am pretty sure this dialougue between Zorro and midas will last until end of days or at least until end of stock markets but seriously where is the common benefit by maintaining such useless threads? Any of the mods might clarify maybe...

Probably I am just angry about myself every time when I click this thread and always find the very same crap there :)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

would take a brave man to short the dow whilst its still firmly in an uptrend.

SRS is not the dow

The Index measures the performance of the real estate sector of the United States equity market

woops just scanned your post, Does the srs follow the dow generally?

I am pretty sure this dialougue between Zorro and midas will last until end of days or at least until end of stock markets but seriously where is the common benefit by maintaining such useless threads? Any of the mods might clarify maybe...

Probably I am just angry about myself every time when I click this thread and always find the very same crap there :)

PCA me and midas just mucking around. If you take the time to scroll back you will find heaps of useful charts and great calls, mostly mine of course. I dont recall you contributing anything T/A or else??? Your angry but you cant help it you still have to peek, pevert :D

Probably I am just angry about myself every time when I click this thread and always find the very same crap there :D

PCA ...chill out man..........where is your sense of humour :)

If you dont like it here..............dont come :D

SRS is not the dow

The Index measures the performance of the real estate sector of the United States equity market

woops just scanned your post, Does the srs follow the dow generally?

No

post-51988-1256633435_thumb.jpg

Flying the chart a little small but what gives you a short signal? lowest volume this year macd looks okay very border line to me? what am I missing?

Edited by zorro1

Probably I am just angry about myself every time when I click this thread and always find the very same crap there :D

Thats the problem with traders Midas, many believe they are extraordinary people and above average IQ . any forum you go to its the same. Thats why newbs never post ,I got heaps of pm"s asking for tips because they to scared to post here. the "pro trader "usually just ignores or attempts to humiliate just like PCA . My first trade was a cap raising and I didnt understand it properly . I asked several times but they ignored me and jumped my posts. That trade cost me a lot didnt realise I had to have held the stock for a certain period before selling.

Edited by zorro1

oops and I did it again, anyway just to look at replies to my mocking. As I said its myself who I should blame. Last peek here - promised.

:D

oops and I did it again, anyway just to look at replies to my mocking. As I said its myself who I should blame. Last peek here - promised.

:D

make sure you set your id to invisible, can see you peeking its kind of creepy :D

3 SIGNIFICANT EVENTS TONIGHT

1. BP's 3rd quarter results have easily beaten expectations.

2. The US Case/Shiller Home Price Index for August is due.

3. The US Consumer Confidence figures to be released.

The below I pasted from a post on Hot copper. my sentiments exactly until proven otherwise will stay with the trend :)

The market looks like it's turning but....

The charts look like they have topped out but....

Vix and USD breaking downtrend but....

Some medium term indicators (Aroon/60Sto) near sell signals but...

Any rally without finding new highs should be a short but....

A correction is due and why not now but....

Too many people are expecting it to happen

I read somewhere that bullish sentiment was at 93% a few days ago in US equities.

At March lows I believe bearish sentiment was 92%.

many are expecting a pull back here.

I agree but my intuition tells me something is up.

3 SIGNIFICANT EVENTS TONIGHT

1. BP's 3rd quarter results have easily beaten expectations.

2. The US Case/Shiller Home Price Index for August is due.

3. The US Consumer Confidence figures to be released.

The below I pasted from a post on Hot copper. my sentiments exactly until proven otherwise will stay with the trend :)

The market looks like it's turning but....

The charts look like they have topped out but....

Vix and USD breaking downtrend but....

Some medium term indicators (Aroon/60Sto) near sell signals but...

Any rally without finding new highs should be a short but....

A correction is due and why not now but....

Too many people are expecting it to happen

I read somewhere that bullish sentiment was at 93% a few days ago in US equities.

At March lows I believe bearish sentiment was 92%.

many are expecting a pull back here.

I agree but my intuition tells me something is up.

BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

The US Case/Shiller Home Price Index for August is due.

19 of 20 metro areas show improvement

thats 2 out of 3 not bad. not bad....

Edited by zorro1

BREAKING NEWS

Yep up 1% from July to August

But.....down 10-11% year over year.

But if that is what they feel is cause to celebrate then celebrate they will. :)

Average home prices are now at similar levels as those recorded in the Fall of 2003, according to the report.

Edited by flying

I think the shiller indexes are quite important if you go back and look at the last 130 years. what they show is that both the equity market and the property market bottomed out about 40% above their usual bear market lows. This is is not entirely surprising given zirp combined with record fiscal deficits. The problem is that it doesn't make a good platform for a bull market. zero interest rates and a massive deficit is not a great starting point for a new bull Market.

Edited by Abrak

BREAKING NEWS

But if that is what they feel is cause to celebrate then celebrate they will. :D

Average home prices are now at similar levels as those recorded in the Fall of 2003, according to the report.

How exactly is the Case/Shiller Home Price Index calculated ? I hope it is a more scientific process

than the US unemployment figures :) . Anf even if it has gone up, who are the buyers in view of the following growing trend …………………

Homeowners Walking Away

“ if the home’s value dropped to half of the mortgage amount, 17 percent would abandon the loan ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/25/realestate/25mort.html

BREAKING NEWS

( NAW ) 10/27 02:31PM YALE'S SHILLER: RECENT U.S. HOME PRICE GAINS MAY NOT BE SUSTAINABLE-REUTERS TELEVISION

10/27 02:45PM US home price gains may not be sustainable-Shiller NEW YORK, Oct 27 (Reuters) - The gains in U.S. home prices in recent months may not be sustainable and increases in some areas of the country look like they are in "bubble territory," :)

Everyone keeps talking about history. In my very simplistic view we haven't had global stimulus ever before in history, not even in 82 let alone the great depression, how does one factor that in to a historical overlap chart? As for risk, there is less now. most are out of the markets so less risk there, banks are lending less and according to new guid lines so less risk there ( i understand the ramifications and it will take time), The global down scale re corporate cost cutting already occured . the big question everyone is talking about now is was the 6500 a false bottom? did we drive the markets to hard based on false assumptions and fear? many are stating the bottom should have been 8500 hence the rapid recovery, lets not forget stimulus came in after 6500

BREAKING NEWS

But if that is what they feel is cause to celebrate then celebrate they will. :D

How exactly is the Case/Shiller Home Price Index calculated ? I hope it is a more scientific process

than the US unemployment figures :) . Anf even if it has gone up, who are the buyers in view of the following growing trend …………………

Homeowners Walking Away

" if the home's value dropped to half of the mortgage amount, 17 percent would abandon the loan "

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/25/realestate/25mort.html

Midas as a non trader what is your agenda? how will you benefit by trying your little heart out for another big D? do you understand how you will be affected? I honestly dont think you do.

Everyone keeps talking about history. In my very simplistic view we haven't had global stimulus ever before in history, not even in 82 let alone the great depression, how does one factor that in to a historical overlap chart? As for risk, there is less now. most are out of the markets so less risk there,

As always I wish you luck in your trading..

But as for risk being less because there are less participants I feel that is backwards.

Participation adds liquidity no? Also those who remain now are not what most would call investors. More like day traders & gamblers.

If there is a ocean known to have sharks...Would you feel safer with less fish in there with you or more?

As for the stimulus...boy I have a hard time calling it that :)

Anyway the bailout did in fact bailout quite a few but it did nothing to address the cause of the problem all it did was treat the symptom & in fact encourage the same irresponsible gambling of the futures of the majority. All in my own opinion of course.

A perfect example is this auction where perhaps a few down on their luck

( I say that as they are the only ones I would think want to live in that burnt out new jack city)

Yet they are denied bidding on the few livable places as the banks look to line their mark to fantasy assets.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091025/us_nm/...using_detroit_3

I stand by my original statements from months ago that the US is in fact a failed state already. All the bailout did was try to calm nerves on the surface. But as time passes the truth that the emperor has no clothes is becoming painfully apparent.

It was just a last great transfer of wealth.

Even a snake that has its head cut off kicks for a short while. If you can make money during those kicks as I said good for you & hope you do well.

Midas as a non trader what is your agenda? how will you benefit by trying your little heart out for another big D? do you understand how you will be affected? I honestly dont think you do.

Zorro you are a not a trader either and if you think you are you are delusional

You are a wild west gambler. :) The real traders realise the odds are too much against them. :D

And when did I say I was “trying my little heart out for another big D?

I don’t have an agenda as such except yes I am hoping for people to change their behavior and to

conduct themselves in business with a little more integrity and face the truth.

The big banks should have failed because that is the way market works and if causes a “ big D “

so be it. Surely you can't think the way things are being done right now is beneficial for the children

and grandchildren of this generation ? :D

Midas

"Zorro you are a not a trader either and if you think you are you are delusional

You are a wild west gambler. :D The real traders realise the odds are too much against them. :D "

what ? gee that was deep n meaningful :) You either made money or you didnt. <deleted> is a real trader? look at my chart of the dow from very first post. I had a plan and stuck to it. Even posted charts of dow turn points please re read cheers

if the chart breaks support I will do a 100% backf lip and short the market all the way down to zero if need be. I have no emotion what so ever. This big D you pray for will ruin you. By encouraging shorting midas you will see all hel_l break loose. The bears will go crazy and send 10"s of thousands of companies , banks etc to the wall, you can then use your currency as toilet paper . why do I need to explain this to you? you cant undo whats been done now.

I will see you on the way down if it happens with a smile. and so will every other bear on the planet :D

Edited by zorro1

Midas

"Zorro you are a not a trader either and if you think you are you are delusional

You are a wild west gambler. :D The real traders realise the odds are too much against them. :D "

what ? gee that was deep n meaningful :) You either made money or you didnt. <deleted> is a real trader? look at my chart of the dow from very first post. I had a plan and stuck to it. Even posted charts of dow turn points please re read cheers

if the chart breaks support I will do a 100% backf lip and short the market all the way down to zero if need be. I have no emotion what so ever. This big D you pray for will ruin you. By encouraging shorting midas you will see all hel_l break loose. The bears will go crazy and send 10"s of thousands of companies , banks etc to the wall, you can then use your currency as toilet paper . why do I need to explain this to you? you cant undo whats been done now.

I will see you on the way down if it happens with a smile. and so will every other bear on the planet :D

why do you think i like the rice business :D

Midas

why do you think i like the rice business :D

see Midas you are a bear and effectively shorting the market. you plan to make millions when the economy collapses through wealth destruction of ordinary working class people, tssk tssk shame on you . Welcome bear at least you have a face now (both sides) :D

see Midas you are a bear and effectively shorting the market. you plan to make millions when the economy collapses through wealth destruction of ordinary working class people, tssk tssk shame on you . Welcome bear at least you have a face now (both sides) :)

I am not interested in destroying anyone's investment plans

- i just dont like all these lies even by those who supposed to

be the watchdogs...........we have lost the plot as a society.

So I am attaching more importance to having something to eat :D

BREAKING NEWS

new home sales errrm down a lot

new home sales down errrm a lot

I thought i would help you here because obviously your computer is playing up :)

new home sales errrm down a lot[/b]

:D:D:D Yeah somthing wrong

BREAKING NEWS

new home sales errrm down a lot

new home sales down errrm a lot

New home sales cannot be down a lot because they were not a lot beforehand.

(Oh and this whole thing of releasing a figure that doesnt look too bad because you have just revised down last months figure is getting pretty tedious.)

Edited by Abrak

well have sold off some long term positions since slide back from 10,000 if you can call a whole 4 days a slide but a profit is only good off paper, however have started to day trade successfully again. volatility and fear is a wonderful thing , I stopped day trading 6 weeks back to protect me from myself :) Simply cant trade a flat market and take a $200 gain just not me, although many make a very comfy living from it

also sold off dead stuff and took a hit, so far so good. still bullish untill 11500 or 9500 . 9500 is the big sell off if it happens and bear suit on :D