Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so zorro would like to explain howw recent events tie into your theory that

" we bottomed a very long time ago " :)

Come on explain please..........right now you are acting more like

a defenceless calf than a raging bull :D :D

I may be bullish but Im not insane :D

Down to 3 stock only Now . 75% profits fully banked, not risking anything untill Dubai sorted out. If dow closes above last nights futures i will buy back. If its a nightmare then Im a bear lol, how easy was that? Twin suits gents now thats talent. Sitting on your hands a monkey can do :) have a good weekend all

Down to 3 stock only Now . 75% profits fully banked, not risking anything untill Dubai sorted out. If dow closes above last nights futures i will buy back. If its a nightmare then Im a bear lol, how easy was that? Twin suits gents now thats talent. Sitting on your hands a monkey can do :) have a good weekend all

I didnt ask you to comment on your gambling habits zorro and anyway it is quite possible

the PPT will not give you the opportunity to go short even if you wanted.

I am asking you to expand on your assurance to everyone that " we bottomed a very long time ago " ? :D

I didnt ask you to comment on your gambling habits zorro and anyway it is quite possible

I am asking you to expand on your assurance to everyone that " we bottomed a very long time ago " ? :D

It's probably valid to make fun of someone that posts trades after the fact, but I don't think there's any question that the market bottomed quite a while ago. Doesn't mean it won't make another significant bottom sometime in the future but for this 80 week cycle at least, bottom it has.

Down to 3 stock only Now . 75% profits fully banked, not risking anything untill Dubai sorted out. If dow closes above last nights futures i will buy back. If its a nightmare then Im a bear lol, how easy was that? Twin suits gents now thats talent. Sitting on your hands a monkey can do :D have a good weekend all

It's probably valid to make fun of someone that posts trades after the fact, but I don't think there's any question that the market bottomed quite a while ago. Doesn't mean it won't make another significant bottom sometime in the future but for this 80 week cycle at least, bottom it has.

Not sure what you mean about after the fact? The dubai thing only happened AFTER my last post and unless you were on mars or a Yank gobbling turkey you couldnt have missed it.I always sate my position, which Im very proud of. Also locked in profits on open because I had them and stated it Before the facts for 5 months now. This is why I detest bears , they sneaky and distort the facts. Forgive me if i misread your post. Also 1 big red night doesn't signal the end of 8 months of glory. Nobody has to follow my lead I could double my holdings Monday or I could go short.

But gee you guys missed out big time so let me know who is going short as of today? Bet you not one has the guts to say :)

p.s not you midas ,you remind me of the the big turkey at bullies pub thanks giving last night :D

I tend to agree with you (not that I have any knack at reading charts.) I just think it is not a case of stockmarkets having bottomed but that it is pretty clear that cash as an asset has topped (at least for any foreseeable future.) Whether Dubai's refinancing, which is substantially smaller than say AIG will have any relevance I have no idea. Its economy is 20% the size of Thailand's but the 1997 crisis showed that even relatively small countries can have a significant impact on psychology. And its fundamentals were built on sand.

Obviously it can be refinanced out of petty cash by Abu Dhabi and simply re-christened Abu Dubai.

Down to 3 stock only Now . 75% profits fully banked, not risking anything untill Dubai sorted out. If dow closes above last nights futures i will buy back. If its a nightmare then Im a bear lol, how easy was that? Twin suits gents now thats talent. Sitting on your hands a monkey can do :D have a good weekend all

Not sure what you mean about after the fact? The dubai thing only happened AFTER my last post and unless you were on mars or a Yank gobbling turkey you couldnt have missed it.I always sate my position, which Im very proud of. Also locked in profits on open because I had them and stated it Before the facts for 5 months now. This is why I detest bears , they sneaky and distort the facts. Forgive me if i misread your post. Also 1 big red night doesn't signal the end of 8 months of glory. Nobody has to follow my lead I could double my holdings Monday or I could go short.

But gee you guys missed out big time so let me know who is going short as of today? Bet you not one has the guts to say :)

p.s not you midas ,you remind me of the the big turkey at bullies pub thanks giving last night :D

I don't care what your position is and i can't think of why you would care what mine is, was or will be. What I appreciate is market insight. I don't see much of that in this thread but I try to post some if I think it may be of of value to someone.

lannarebirth

I don't care what your position is and i can't think of why you would care what mine is, was or will be. What I appreciate is market insight. I don't see much of that in this thread but I try to post some if I think it may be of of value to someone.

What value have you provided? so far nothing but vague directionless posts being totally non committal . For gods sakes man have some balls and tell us what you are? bull/bear long/short and perhaps and indication where you have parked your cash last 9 months? maybe where you might park it now?

I don't care what your position is and i can't think of why you would care what mine is = sorry but Im clueless and not any value to this forum :)

EDIT

Wooooops!!! always wondered about your nic lanna rebirth Your a girl! nothing wrong with that but I take back the bit about growing balls ROFL. Everything else stands though

Edited by zorro1

Well folks Dubai crashes thats huge news NOT! The dow tumbles a whole 150 pts :) Turns out the yank banks have zip or minimal exposure and couldnt give a toss. However the Dow needed a rest and an excuse for taking some money off the table. They are way more interested in December retail

Thank goodness i kept and added to my long term positions.

Unlike the directionless posts from midas and lanna I will tell you my actions come Monday buy please DYOR

Monday, I will BUY like crazy lots of bargains and heres why. The Dow was closed thursday so the rest of the world was in panic after the Dubai news and huge sell offs globally. Forgetting about the instos, the average punter will see -150 Monday morning and keep selling even though the world oversold already on Friday so lots bargains. Happens every time the usa has a holiday

Again just my own opinion so please DYOR.

Well folks Dubai crashes thats huge news NOT! The dow tumbles a whole 150 pts :) Turns out the yank banks have zip or minimal exposure and couldnt give a toss.

You may be a little premature on that prediction.

While it initially appears Euro banks had a larger exposure.

It is not yet clear who would lose the most if Dubai World should default.

Remember debt is sold among many investors these days.

Isn't that the problem that even the US crisis from last year has yet to sort out?

PS: I think you have LB all wrong. He does not strike me as anything you described in your previous post.

Edited by flying

Well folks Dubai crashes thats huge news NOT! The dow tumbles a whole 150 pts :) Turns out the yank banks have zip or minimal exposure and couldnt give a toss.

You may be a little premature on that prediction.

While it initially appears Euro banks had a larger exposure.

Remember debt is sold among many investors these days.

Isn't that the problem that even the US crisis from last year has yet to sort out?

PS: I think you have LB all wrong. He does not strike me as anything you described in your previous post.

Flying didnt europe turn green last night?

Re Lana what do you mean? she is not much value. She wont even disclose her position. Strikes me as very odd but then again as Naam said the prophets of doom have missed out on a once in a decade opprtunity yet you all stick together and back each other. I guess you all have your reasons , me Im only interested in making money :D

Edited by zorro1

Flying didnt europe turn green last night?

Re Lana what do you mean? she is not much value. She wont even disclose her position. Strikes me as very odd but then again as Naam said the profits of doom have missed out on a once in a decade opprtunity yet you all stick together and back each other. I guess you all have your reasons , me Im only interested in making money :)

I said remains to be seen

As for LB....Male

Just because he does not feel the need to crow does not imply anything.

None is sticking together as I have said congrats more than once.

But your taunting & bragging gets old too.

Perhaps LB does not feel the need to do so. Not sure if you have been in this section for years but

I have seen enough of LB's posts to know he knows of what he speaks when it comes to the markets.

Same for Naam who you seem to align with but yet have you ever noticed Naam mention of deals done

or amounts he made/ is making? I'm sure he does well with bonds but does he need to crow? No...

Again glad your doing well but simmer down. No need to be rude eh?

Edited by flying

What value have you provided? so far nothing but vague directionless posts being totally non committal . For gods sakes man have some balls and tell us what you are? bull/bear long/short and perhaps and indication where you have parked your cash last 9 months? maybe where you might park it now?

I don't care what your position is and i can't think of why you would care what mine is = sorry but Im clueless and not any value to this forum :)

EDIT

Wooooops!!! always wondered about your nic lanna rebirth Your a girl! nothing wrong with that but I take back the bit about growing balls ROFL. Everything else stands though

My posts may seem vague and directionless to someone who doesn't know anything, that I admit. If one has the least bit of intelligence (or asks) they might understand that an annotated chart IS a message in and of itself.

Like when you post a linear scale Dow chart, that screams "ignoramus,idiot, beware", at least to me.

When I post a COMP chart (an index of 5,000+ stocks) and it's in a bearish expanding triangle pattern, with 2 gaps in the recent chart and it has negative divergances, do I really need to FURTHER tell you what's going on? Who wipes your ass?

When I post the market leading Russell 2000 chart, one sees that it's in the same place it was 4 MONTHS AGO, has negative divergances, and is consolidating UNDER its 50 day ma do I really have to tell you that's bearish? Does someone cut your food for you too?

When I post the Gold chart with the symmetrical triangle breakout and measured move expectations do you really need a translator, it's a picture for crissakes, surely you can decode a picture?

Now, I'm not one to get into a virtual game of grabass with people I don't know and don't care about. You won't hear me calling you a "little boy" or a "poor boy" and i'm not going to talk about money because I was raised to believe it was somewhat vulgar to do so. I will say this however, if you have made as much since the March lows as I have in the last 2 futures market trading days than you've had a good year indeed. It's all about ABSOLUTE gains.

FYI, Lanna is a region in the north of Thailand. I noted a thread you started wondering where Pecthabun was, so it does not surprise me that you might not know Thailand has a northern region. It does not surprise me that you can't read the charts I post either as apparently even a map baffles you.

Well folks Dubai crashes thats huge news NOT! The dow tumbles a whole 150 pts :D Turns out the yank banks have zip or minimal exposure and couldnt give a toss.

You may be a little premature on that prediction. While it initially appears Euro banks had a larger exposure.

both of you are barking up the wrong tree! :)

the Dubai moratorium (until now only announced) involves peanuts 60-80 bb us-dollars which are not lost but the investors will lose a part of their expected yield and perhaps a part of their capital if and when a restructuring takes place.

what we are seeing in the markets is nothing but risk aversion. investors are like sheep. those investors who were not initially sheep have to follow the stampede to protect their interests.

Well folks Dubai crashes thats huge news NOT! The dow tumbles a whole 150 pts :D Turns out the yank banks have zip or minimal exposure and couldnt give a toss.

You may be a little premature on that prediction. While it initially appears Euro banks had a larger exposure.

both of you are barking up the wrong tree! :)

the Dubai moratorium (until now only announced) involves peanuts 60-80 bb us-dollars which are not lost but the investors will lose a part of their expected yield and perhaps a part of their capital if and when a restructuring takes place.

what we are seeing in the markets is nothing but risk aversion. investors are like sheep. those investors who were not initially sheep have to follow the stampede to protect their interests.

Ok its not the amount of money but it has shaken confidence yet again and that is what governments

everywhere have been desperately trying to build back up.

It wont be so good if we see similar things happening in Ireland,Greece and Ukraine.

It wont be so good if we see similar things happening in Ireland,Greece and Ukraine.

yes Midas, and it will be even worse IF we similar things happening in Australia, Japan, Northern Manchuria, the Christmas Islands, Atlantis, the Gamma Quadrant, the Central African Republic, et al.

all that will pour oil on the fire of the doom&gloomers and make them happy whereas some savvy and lucky investors will chuckle :)

Just as a point of information when I post that the Dow Jones Industrials ($INDU) is a meaningless index this is what i'm talking about:

http://www.slate.com/id/2077785/

i [not so] humbly beg to disagree LRB. it all depends on the perspective. from my point of view those "cheater" indices like Dow, Dax et al provide an important meaning. they indicate investors' sentiments and can therefore be used (amongst a number of other indicators) to make an investment decision.

example: in case i have an order pending to buy hybrid capital of a german steel corporation at a certain price and i see the Dax suddenly drop like a stone because financials are weak and drag the index down i will cancel (if not yet executed) that order immediately although steel is not necessarily related to financial institutions. then i will reconsider my price because in nearly all cases the price of the non-related asset i am about to buy is dragged down too.

yes Midas, and it will be even worse IF we similar things happening in Australia, Japan, Northern Manchuria, the Christmas Islands, Atlantis, the Gamma Quadrant, the Central African Republic, et al.

all that will pour oil on the fire of the doom&gloomers and make them happy whereas some savvy and lucky investors will chuckle :)

Yes I found a link talking about Japans uncurable problem :D

http://www.politicalbyline.com/2009/02/02/...llapse-as-well/

but funny I don’t seem to find any links talking about the possible collapse of Australia, Northern Manchuria, the Christmas Islands, Atlantis, the Gamma Quadrant, the Central African Republic, et al. :D

wheras I did read about Ireland,Greece and Ukraine

http://www.globaleconomiccrisis.com/blog/archives/298

http://www.annaershova.com/blog/will-ukrai...conomycollapse/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment...ards-slump.html

Maybe you could ask your dog to find the links for me for the ones you picked? :D

Midas,

what part of the word "IF" does a native english speaker like you don't understand although you used the word?

quote Midas"It wont be so good if..."

quote Naam: "and it will be even worse IF...

Good point - ok I will say “ when “ not “ if “ in the case of at least two :)

both of you are barking up the wrong tree!

I dont see how Remains to be seen is barking up any tree at all.

As I was not replying to affect on the market I was replying to affect on banks if any.

Just popped in for a look. Hope everyone bought as I suggested in my last post(anyone following from day one would have made a killing), excluding the chicken little brigade who I see are are either out of their depth or their minds :) How do you people get it so wrong? will pop in next week, to busy deciding what to sell at the moment. What a glorious year. simply glorious but nobody made money without kahoonas of steel. Just warm little cococunts around here. :D

Just popped in for a look. Hope everyone bought as I suggested in my last post(anyone following from day one would have made a killing), excluding the chicken little brigade who I see are are either out of their depth or their minds :) How do you people get it so wrong? will pop in next week, to busy deciding what to sell at the moment. What a glorious year. simply glorious but nobody made money without kahoonas of steel. Just warm little cococunts around here. :D

Bought, sold, bought, sold, bought.

Anyhow, big move alert. COMP says down, NYSE says up. I'm leaning toward the latter. If so I give it 10 days to rollover into the foreseeable future.

Thinking like a criminal, there are a lot of tax ramifications coming on the horizon. Those that need to lock '09, those that wish to roll into '10 and the end of the Bush tax cuts. We'll see.

post-25601-1259763735_thumb.png

Edited by lannarebirth

Well you obviously have a natural talent for understanding the " market ".

So what do you think will happen next ..up or down and why ? :D

Well last year when it was at rock bottom i put in 5000 dollars because i was afraid. I have made 30.5 percent on the money thus far. I just put 45,000 back in ... 15 on bonds and 30 in a low risk Mutual fund. Also before the crash i took all of my money out and put 50,000 in a annuity drawing 7 percent annually for 10 years. Then i can draw on it the rest of my life.. Not much but can draw 356.00 till i die or if the market comes back i can cash it in. If I had been back home instead of here i would of put it all in at the bottom. But pussy won out... Why i listen to my dick is beyound me. So i am hopping the market will come back for the next 5 years. Then i am cashing out of the funds and going 100 percent in bonds.

G