Theres A Hole In My Leg

neverdie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neverdie, you <deleted>!!!

First you get us all wound up cuz you can't go to the doc, and we spill our guts to you (well, not literally - yuck!).

Next thing we know, you've been to the doc, walk in the freakin' park, come out of there with enough meds to heal an elephant.

Good on ya, mate! Well done!

Of course, if it doesn't work, I wanna see the tapes of the operation :)

peroxide for cleaning it wont "bite"... betadine to disinfect and dressing, as it doesn't look too large a band aid non stick type will do - NO water and as already suggested NO seawater, NONE at all!

repeated cleaning at least 2 x a day, antiseptic ointment, powder!

Well and the rest yes up to you, amoxicillin is not really strong and designed for the younger ones but it wont harm you only must take more over a longer period - I never ever took any medication for wound treatment, except in the 70ties in India when an unattended wound like yours, became almost gangrene of the foot, they wanted to cut my foot off... - serious, it was full with pus, but I was just in my twenties then...so don't hesitate go ahead and clean it up.... it just needs to be clean to heal!

Small wounds even scratches do tend if unattended to hyper infect in the tropics... as simple as that, keep it clean away from water, clean with peroxide ONLY, disinfect with Betadine or similar and you'll see

Samuian,

You didnt read my last post, I went to the hospital and the doc gave me the correct medication. Thanks for your concern and advice.

:)

tell's it all - no obviously not..

out of genuine concern for the TV members community,

thought i could make a friend for life - ahh' well... then!

at least you DID go see the Doc and that makes you,

considering the circumstances - a hero! :D

Edited by Samuian

Neverdie, you <deleted>!!!

First you get us all wound up cuz you can't go to the doc, and we spill our guts to you (well, not literally - yuck!).

Next thing we know, you've been to the doc, walk in the freakin' park, come out of there with enough meds to heal an elephant.

Good on ya, mate! Well done!

Of course, if it doesn't work, I wanna see the tapes of the operation :)

Geeewizzz, ARN'T you lot just so lovely. I really freak out about doctors now....THEY ALL have such beedy little eyes and I can feel my blood pressure squirting upwards as soon as I go near one. My heart races, my eyes start darting around the room, my breathing gets really heavy and fast, I feel as if everything is spinning me out.

AND THEN THERES THE LOVELY LITTLE NURSES :D OMG, they have such the opposite effect on me, although Im sure my blood pressure increases inside little neverdie the minute I see one of those cute thai nurses.....back home the nurses are more scarey than the doctors :D

Anyway, the Doctor was real freaky and he kept swapping between thai and english and it took me back to my WWII days (even tho I wasnt born at that time...but you know, had i been born it would of taken me back to my WWII days :D ) SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN.....But I aint no queen you lot :D .

Anyway, this THREAD should be closed before you lot cause me anymore grief....SERIOUSLY THO, Thanks I wouldnt of gone to the doctor without u lot putting the fear of god into me....You may have even saved my life :D (More Drama).

I'm late in getting to this thread and glad to see OP has gotten medical attention.

I have removed removed or edited a number of posts which contained a level of banter not appropriate to the Health forum. I realize OP took it in stride and much of it was between friends, problem is that this sort of thing puts off many potential posters and thus is not appropriate for Health forum even tho it might be fine elsewhere.

And for the record, no one should attempt to drain or incise a wound on their own. ...!

Just by some antiboitic cream and rub it in. I had the same problem a few weeks back with a pussy infection and it cleared it up but I watched to make sure it didnt get any worse. Im not sure if pussy is the right word? pussie doesnt sound right either

A pussy infection? That doesn't sound fun at all. :)

I think the word you're looking for is purulent. or pyogenic.

Seriously, I just found out gasoline works the best to make your wond close quick! I had a burn blister, which I cut open, to get the trapped fluid out, i cut away the membram and there was the open flesh. I desinfected it with special stuff for it, it did bite, but then I tried gasoline, JEEZ that did bite! But they wound is now clean and closed!

Seriously, I just found out gasoline works the best to make your wond close quick! I had a burn blister, which I cut open, to get the trapped fluid out, i cut away the membram and there was the open flesh. I desinfected it with special stuff for it, it did bite, but then I tried gasoline, JEEZ that did bite! But they wound is now clean and closed!

You forgot the step with the match.

OK so where are the updated photos, please?

I mean after all that.

That was kind of funny, all those guys hassling you.

What concerns me more though, is, how does one separate the wheat from the chaff, when it comes to taking advice on an internet forum?

Though I couldn't dispute anyone telling you to get professional help ie. see a physician.

Cheers!

:)

Hi,

Last weekend I got a hole puncture in my lower leg, about half way along my shin. I didnt think much of it at the time.

The hole started to scab over & I thought everything was going well until yesterday when I noticed that a red circle had appeared around the wound and is now getting bigger. The scab is thick and painful to touch. The red circle around it is also painful to touch. I take it, its becoming infected.

What to do. I can go to see a doctor....but I hate doing that & Thailand is great for self prescribing from the pharmacy to get better :) .

Whats the go, what should I buy at the Pharmacy. Is my leg going to fall off?

Thanks in advance. :D

definately tropical ulser,be smart see the doc. :D

Where's the pus, ya pussy?

I haven't read through the entire post....barely got past the first page......but for what it's worth, I lived in the tropics for years. Suffered boils, ulcers, ring-worm, tinnea.... all the tropical infections.

From your photo, I would say a dip in the sea until the scab softens and falls off, and topical antibiotic only.

I am of your same school of thought as you that antibiotic tablets are over-prescribed and should be avoided unless the infection is in danger of becoming systemic...or could potentially become systemic.

To put it into perspective....be honest mate, it's a pretty small wound and is not seeping pus that you have to change your sheets each morning, is it?

An early piece of advice you recieved was the whiskey advice.....he got it wrong.....you drink all but a capful FIRST, before washing the wound with the spirit.

Hope you get better soon.

• 3 weeks later...
I have never been anywhere in the world where they prescribe such an assortment of candies for any medical ailment. The Army Doctors would just prescribe Brufen (ibuprofen) for everything! Bullet wound - Brufen, broken leg - brufen, my Thai wife cut my dick off - brufen.

Must be Aussie or US Army - British Army was Dettol and wire brush

Are you still with us neverdie? Hope things have not turned worse.

last i heard he was headed home for abit, so offline most likely.

Somehow I think neverdie would gnaw his own leg off before he'd let it just fall off :)