Build Or Buy Built House

I'd say depends on what yer gonna do with it. We bought a new built duplex shop house in town for 1.3m baht that we could have rented out with a few adjustments but we wanted to live there and spent another 700k baht to do it up. Now I want to build a new house out in the wife's village and thought about selling the shop house to invest in a business. The wife says to forget it as we would never get our 2m baht investment back...

Building is probably cheaper and will allow you to have things made the way you want it. That is if you have the time for it as you seriously need to supervise the work as it progresses, from concrete slab to the curtains. Compare prices with contractors as well.

Built houses often come with many defects such as bad electrical wiring and earthing, plumbing with no traps for smell and bugs, paint flaking off after a few months because no sealer was applied and mixing water with the paint, the list goes on...

A truck backed up to our car park and it went through the concrete which was an inch thick. :o

1 inch, ok so the contractors tend to save money by using poor material and little of it ? Is commen all over thailand or just worst cases.They can't all be like this.

If so i'll just might buy an old house and have it refixed.

You can buy a deluxe, well made house in Pattaya for 7 million.

If you have the time and ambition, you can buy the land and build it yourself for about 4 or 5 million.

A good contractor is a must as most builders will cut as many corners as possible.

Thanks guys for the input

I have also been looking at ads with small central condoes in pattaya/jomtien for about 3-500kbt , they seem pretty cheap but is there something i shoul be careful about when buying a such condoe.I've heard that as a farang you are allowed to own a condoe under 40 sqm.If so how many are you allowed to own?

reg. jonik

What would you say is the cheapest way to get a realestate in thailand ,buying a finished buildt house and land or buy land yourself and order house from a building contractor?

r. jonik

>>>>>>>>>What would you say is the cheapest way to get a realestate in thailand <<<<<<<<<<

RENT RENT RENT

:o