Where Do You Get The Best Recycling Price?

mautourproblem

Where do you get the best recycling price?

Last year best recycling price I found on paper/cardboard was 6.50 B Per kg opposite lotus Tesco Nong Hoi that was 2 B more than the next best I found. But unfortunately they moved and put down to 3 B per kg

What is the best price you get now and where is it?

Last year best recycling price I found on paper/cardboard was 6.50 B Per kg opposite lotus Tesco Nong Hoi that was 2 B more than the next best I found. But unfortunately they moved and put down to 3 B per kg

wongpanit.com has daily updates on the prices of all re-cyclable goods, in English.

Unfortunately, if you google it there is a malware warning. My anti-virus sorted it out and it seemed to work?!!

Interesting article about the guy in BKK post recently

http://www.bangkokpost.com/leisure/leisure...ch-with-rubbish

wongpanit.com has daily updates on the prices of all re-cyclable goods, in English.

Unfortunately, if you google it there is a malware warning. My anti-virus sorted it out and it seemed to work?!!

http://wongpanit.com/ doesn't work at the moment...

http://wongpanit.com/ doesn't work at the moment...

If you stick in the www in it does. My AVG anti-virus comes up with 'Treat removed'. So there is something there to be wary of.

Edited by KevinHunt

I just give mine to some poor old guy that comes around looking for it - same with plastic and tin cans.

I never bothered to ask him how much he's making from it, but if it's as low as 3 baht a kilogram I now feel obliged to give him a few baht for taking it off my hands.

I just give mine to some poor old guy that comes around looking for it - same with plastic and tin cans.

I never bothered to ask him how much he's making from it, but if it's as low as 3 baht a kilogram I now feel obliged to give him a few baht for taking it off my hands.

Aluminum cans were quoted as 26 baht per kilogram today

I take my bonus back! :)

If you stick in the www in it does. My AVG anti-virus comes up with 'Treat removed'. So there is something there to be wary of.

Yeah. Typical embedded iframe exploit. Pulls content from a Russian site called reycross.net . Site has a /lib/ sub-directory that appears to try 2 exploits. One is a javascript embedded Adobe Acrobat PDF vuln and the other is some sort of shockwave flash vuln.

Unless you have 100% faith in your Anti-virus program AND religiously patch all of your applications, I would advise that you advise the Google warnings and bypass this site entirely :)

-Mestizo

I normaly sell 500kg per time about every 40 days, so I dont give poor old guys 50B up per day.

the wongpanit.com give 4B per Kg.. Anybody know a place there giver more than 4B per Kg? where is wongpanit in Chiang mai?

I take mine to a large-ish place up the Lamphun-Chiang Mai road [ quite a few hundred metres further than Tesco-going out of town towards Lamphun some way after Wiang Kum Kam entrance-and on same side of road] it's almost as far as the traffic lights intersection--they consistently give the correct day rate-unlike many other places [ I also rarely see the lady owner rubbing her hands in glee when a farang drives in--again, unlike others]

Edited by haybilly

The recycling price is change often, it also depend on the middle price from factories (for example : in Bangkok or other province where the most recycling shop sell their paper, bottle, metal,...).

Some people have to drive 100 km. more to get a price 1 baht higher than other but it mean you have enough (full truck) what you want to sell for cover the cost of bensine, chauffer,..

I ever run this bussiness with my family and I see the clients go around to check the price who give them more, mostly they will quote the price at the front of office that you can see, some not and you have to ask how much they buy.

I feel this bussiness is like stock market, sometime win and sometime lose, to day buy 10 baht per kg. and may be next week the price is 3 baht and can be also 20 baht, so it is normal if you see the price of paper 6.5 baht (from last year) and now just 3 or 4 baht.

I think for safe the time to go around you can check number telephone from the recycling shops in Chiangmai and call, then you can compare the price.

good luck.

Avoid the place around the corner from Theppanya Hospital (on the Mae Jo Road). I filled the entire trunk of the car as well as the back seat with plastic, aluminum and glass and ended up with 48.50 Baht! :) I think I was given 50 Satang for the glass portion of it. I didn't know there was an advertised going rate for recyclables.

Oh well, at least I did my part to try and save the earth.

Avoid the place around the corner from Theppanya Hospital (on the Mae Jo Road). I filled the entire trunk of the car as well as the back seat with plastic, aluminum and glass and ended up with 48.50 Baht! :) I think I was given 50 Satang for the glass portion of it. I didn't know there was an advertised going rate for recyclables.

I used to take my stuff to the place on the old Chiang Mai - Lamphun Road just past the Electric office. 

I have no idea about how much it is all worth because I'm happy to get rid of it all and I couldn't be bothered to hang around for twenty minutes while they weigh each stuff separately and figure out that they owe me 48.50 baht. 

Lately, I give it to the toothless old hag that comes down our soi. If my son has had a few friends around and I want to get rid of the empties she takes 'em away for me and treats me like a living God, because I refuse the few baht she offers me.

Edited by KevinHunt

The recycling price is change often, it also depend on the middle price from factories (for example : in Bangkok or other province where the most recycling shop sell their paper, bottle, metal,...).

Some people have to drive 100 km. more to get a price 1 baht higher than other but it mean you have enough (full truck) what you want to sell for cover the cost of bensine, chauffer,..

I ever run this bussiness with my family and I see the clients go around to check the price who give them more, mostly they will quote the price at the front of office that you can see, some not and you have to ask how much they buy.

I feel this bussiness is like stock market, sometime win and sometime lose, to day buy 10 baht per kg. and may be next week the price is 3 baht and can be also 20 baht, so it is normal if you see the price of paper 6.5 baht (from last year) and now just 3 or 4 baht.

I think for safe the time to go around you can check number telephone from the recycling shops in Chiangmai and call, then you can compare the price.

good luck.

I know the price is going up and down, this year have also been down to 2B per kg. But the shop opposite lotus on Chiang Mai - Lamphun Road was always the best paying when they was open.

I take mine to a large-ish place up the Lamphun-Chiang Mai road [ quite a few hundred metres further than Tesco-going out of town towards Lamphun some way after Wiang Kum Kam entrance-and on same side of road] it's almost as far as the traffic lights intersection--they consistently give the correct day rate-unlike many other places [ I also rarely see the lady owner rubbing her hands in glee when a farang drives in--again, unlike others]

that is not what I see, they was much lower than the one there was oppersite lotos.

also if you continueand and turn right towards the airport on the left just before the end of the bridge (100-150 from your old plase) they normaly pay more for cardboard.

I normaly sell 500kg per time about every 40 days, so I dont give poor old guys 50B up per day.

the wongpanit.com give 4B per Kg.. Anybody know a place there giver more than 4B per Kg? where is wongpanit in Chiang mai?

May I ask how the hel_l you accumulate half a tonne of aluminium in 40 days?!

Please look at the subject paper/cardboard, not aluminum.

That "uptheos" gives he paper, cardboard, plastic and tin cans to poor old guys from he private household is not an option for me.

May I ask how the hel_l you accumulate half a tonne of aluminium in 40 days?!

Please look at the subject paper/cardboard, not aluminum.

That "uptheos" gives he paper, cardboard, plastic and tin cans to poor old guys from he private household is not an option for me.

I used to take my stuff to the place on the old Chiang Mai - Lamphun Road just past the Electric office.

I have no idea about how much it is all worth because I'm happy to get rid of it all and I couldn't be bothered to hang around for twenty minutes while they weigh each stuff separately and figure out that they owe me 48.50 baht.

Lately, I give it to the toothless old hag that comes down our soi. If my son has had a few friends around and I want to get rid of the empties she takes 'em away for me and treats me like a living God, because I refuse the few baht she offers me.

"Toothless old hag?!" Are you allowing your aesthetic sensibilities to mask your otherwise generous nature?!

"Toothless old hag?!" Are you allowing your aesthetic sensibilities to mask your otherwise generous nature?!

No.