Cost Of Affidavit At U.s. Embassy

I went there with a friend last month to get them the income letter. I believe the current cost is 1020baht.

At the time I am posting this; American Citizen's Services in Bangkok is closed already (as it's 18:24)

Here's their number, call them in the morning;

US Embassy ACS; 02-205-1049

Renewed married visa extension on Monday in Chiang Mai. Cost of affidavit is 1020 baht or $30.00. Warning: Never before have immigration ask to verify the income with other documents when providing the affidavit from Us. Consulate. It seems they are now or at least spot checking. Way more income that needed for retirement but asking for married visa. Even handed them copy of bankbook, but using qualification based on income. She got to the part of the document collection process, and when she got to the original consulate affidavit, ask where the supporting docs were. Took us by surprise b ecause they never had ask before.

Fortunately, I had a copy of my USAF retirement pay statement and two letters from Social security showing two benefit payments in my folder. She said run and get two copies of each.

The other thing that was different this time was that they put a 60 day stamp in the passport instead of the usual 30 day stamp, along with a staples notice that one has until the end of the 30days starting when processing to leave the country. Thats Ok because now you dont have to go back in twice before getting final Ok.

Hope this helps. So just be prepared in case they ask.