Btv Cable Internet Question

thainet

Looking to upgrade my internet connection and have heard that the BTV cable internet at 4mb is quite reliable and fast these days (plus a reasonable price)

Does anyone have first hand knowledge. I'm interested more in the Nern Plub Wan and Siam Country Club road areas.

Also how does it compare with Maxnet Indy or Premier.

Thank you for any help..

Edited by thainet

I wish I could tell you! I have the very expensive CAT service, because it's the ONLY DECENT SERVICE I CAN GET HERE!

I live near the east end of Nernplubwarn, off the south side of that soi. I checked with BTV, and they told me that they don't have DSL service to the SOUTH side of this end of Nernplubwarn; only to the NORTH side.

I've been checking with TT&T (Carrefour office) for over TWO YEARS. They STILL don't have service for my area!

I'm STUCK with CAT, and their outrageous fees of nearly 2000 baht per month!!

I don't understand why neither TT&T, nor BTV, service this heavily populated area. Does anybody have any ideas or information on that?

As to the OP's question; I do have a friend who has BTV's DSL service; and is very happy with it.

I posted a query regards options for internet in Pattaya that avoided MaxNet and CAT and one of the respondents mentioned BTV internet. When I asked how good it was and the costs, etc... no answer.

Maybe BTV internet is SO good they are scared that sharing the goods will degrade their service! I know that the old Time-Warner 'RoadRunner' and latterly ComCast cable internet in Houston pissed all over DSL and anything associated with internet via a phone line.