I Want To Buy A Condo In Chiang Mai - 2 Bedrooms

CrossBones

Hi

I want to buy a 2 room condo in town. It doesnt have to be 2 bedrooms but, 2 rooms that a self contained. So you dont need to walk through one of the rooms (living room) to get to the bedroom. Also small kitchen and bathroom obviously. 2 bedrooms plus a living area would be great if I can afford that.

I definitely don't want a studio.

Where does one go to find condos for sale without paying Farang price. I am happy to pay and agent 5% or whatever as long as they are working on my behalf and not against me to push the price up with the owner/developers.

I have around 600,000. I was thinking about the area near Kat Sun Kaew / Chiang Rai Ram or NeimenHeimen (how do you spell that) but thats a bit pricey.

Since I like walking, and hate motorbikes I want someone within walking distance of shops, shopping centre etc. It would be nice to get to the night bazarre area on foot (30 mins walk or so). Security is also an issue, I want to stay somewhere that has secure parking and where people cant just randomly walk into the building without a keycard or something

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Sorry the title should read I want a CONDO not codo!

I should add I would prefer to live in an area where Thai families are staying. I want to avoid too many Farangs, and also avoid Thai students if possible.

I would really like any feedback or information about new developments. I would need ADSL too, so in an area where there are good connections if possible!

I really want to be able to do without having a motorbike, since they are so dangerous and I need the exercise - walking into town. I guess I do like to go out to moung muang for meal and drinks at least one night per week.

Hi

I want to buy a 2 room condo in town. It doesnt have to be 2 bedrooms but, 2 rooms that a self contained. So you dont need to walk through one of the rooms (living room) to get to the bedroom. Also small kitchen and bathroom obviously. 2 bedrooms plus a living area would be great if I can afford that.

Where does one go to find condos for sale without paying Farang price. I am happy to pay and agent 5% or whatever as long as they are working on my behalf and not against me to push the price up with the owner/developers.

I have around 600,000. I was thinking about the area near Kat Sun Kaew / Chiang Rai Ram or NeimenHeimen (how do you spell that) but thats a bit pricey.

Since I like walking, and hate motorbikes I want someone within walking distance of shops, shopping centre etc. It would be nice to get to the night bazarre area on foot (30 mins walk or so). Security is also an issue, I want to stay somewhere that has secure parking and where people cant just randomly walk into the building without a keycard or something

Other posters may know of some deals, but I would have thought you would have been lucky to get a studio in a crummy building for that. You could try the canal road where there are some run down Thai-style derelicts where prices should be cheaper.

I just can't imagine you finding what you are looking for at that money. If you do please post where, I wouldn't mind a look either. As to new I don't think so. Have a look at the various agents websites to get a feel for what you can get for what. I don't think they are necessarily farang prices either.

If there were any like that, the rest of us would have bought them long ago. Even a 43 sq m studio in an old building bought via a bank repo would be most of your budget after fixing it up and you'd be very lucky to find one of those in a desirable area. Double your budget and cross your fingers, you may luck out! Where did you get the idea that this was a practical possibility?

Edit: On reflection, treble your budget...

Edited by Greenside

Even the best of deals would put you over 1m I would think if 2 rooms

For 2 bdr you might need to double your budget, although 1bdr might be feasible at that price especially if you are good at bargaining and have quick accessible cash.

There are some real deals to be had but buildings are awful, so in fact not real deals. :)

There are alot of requirements for 600K.

However there are always loads of second hand condos for sale in many of the city's banks, usually posted on exhibition boards in the lobbys. I assume they're snatch backs, maybe worth a try, however the best ones are always snapped up by the banks and their contacts first.

Regards Bojo

There are alot of requirements for 600K.

However there are always loads of second hand condos for sale in many of the city's banks, usually posted on exhibition boards in the lobbys. I assume they're snatch backs, maybe worth a try, however the best ones are always snapped up by the banks and their contacts first.

Regards Bojo

Absolutely true. My wife has friends that work in various banks. She assures me that anything half decent is snapped up by people working for the banks, they never get advertised. What you will see are properties that no Thai would pay the money for...even if they have it.

renting is cheap. Selling a condo is very difficult.

Wise words. Thai condos are rarely maintained and in 10 years your beautiful condo may have lifts that don't work and a dirty reception area. If you rent, you can move anytime you like to anywhere.

Hi

wooow you want a lot for such a small amount!!!

Maybe you meant to use both words. Is it a 'codo condo' you're after?

codo [co’-do]

noun

1. Elbow. (m)

2. Cubit, a measure of length equal to the distance from the elbow to the end of the middle finger. (m)

That would be about right. It's for your pet Rat , right.?

I think you're missing a "0" somewhere too :)

Coondo? Condoo? Conodo? Ocondo?

I don't get it. :D

It took me a while too, but I think he meant another 0 as in 6,000,000 Baht; a more realistic price for a fully loaded 2 bedroom crib in the Nimmanhaeman area. :D

Edited by elektrified

Stop ridicule the poor fellow...he just want some info.... :)

I don't think anyone is; they're suggesting he be more realistic. This is Muang Thai's second city afterall. You may have been able to get something like that 10/15 years ago(?) but he'll defo need another '0' in there today, and especially somewhere near Kad Suan Kaew/Nimmanhemin with those facilities. Two beds with kitchenette and bathroom in a decent area; you're talking in the yuppie category. If you did find something suitable near that price, it'd be dilapidated, badly maintained, non-existant services, zero security, and in the middle of a dodgy area nowhere. Not going to happen, sorry.

Good luck though :D

Stop ridicule the poor fellow...he just want some info.... :D

I don't think anyone is; they're suggesting he be more realistic. This is Muang Thai's second city afterall. You may have been able to get something like that 10/15 years ago(?) but he'll defo need another '0' in there today, and especially somewhere near Kad Suan Kaew/Nimmanhemin with those facilities. Two beds with kitchenette and bathroom in a decent area; you're talking in the yuppie category. If you did find something suitable near that price, it'd be dilapidated, badly maintained, non-existant services, zero security, and in the middle of a dodgy area nowhere. Not going to happen, sorry.

We're not ridiculing him, are we? Just taking the piss. Besides, he started it. :)

Hi Mike, where did you spring from?

I think you should explain that one. I'm sure they've never heard it before. 

Until I signed up here, I hadn't heard it since I was twelve and three quarters.  :) It was funnier then - but only because we all thought it was a very, very ruuuuuuuuuuude word. 

Stop ridicule the poor fellow...he just want some info.... :D

We're not ridiculing him, are we? Just taking the piss. Besides, he started it. :)

:D:D Nice one

I know an older building behind Central that has a couple of one bedroom/one living room corner units for 600,000, and some central units for less. They have wood floors and great views.

I also saw an ad for a newer (than the above unit) studio in a 103 Condo Building for sale for 450,000.

No two bedrooms though. Good luck!

Try to look at Ang-Gate condo or SR condo, I saw they sell under 300,000 baht per unit, some they sell 2 units near that you can connect them and make 2 bedrooms in one unit. good luck

Hi

Where do you buy your weed? It must be pretty strong. :)

Hi

I can give you some comments "but not suggestions"

Baht 600K, you're dreaming unless you get (or are prepared to accept) anything like the the squalor other posters have written of.

On the bit about not wanting bedrooms opening off common areas (living room / lounge etc) again you gonna have a very hard job to find something like that "I am not saying impossible" but Thai's are not noted for their architure as we know where we come from i.e. a hallway with 2 -3 bedrooms, a dunny, a bathroom, possible a laundry opening off it.

If you were permitted to buy a "shop house" which is unlikely you might get something close to like what you're looking for.

For starters you need to triple your price limit, get a Thai to go with you as if they are the buyer (because you don't want them screwing you on the basis of the colour of your skin) but don't be optimistic. You've set yourself an almost impossible task.