Preventing People From Moving My Bike When Parked

CanInBKK

I saw a dude with a brand new Kawasaki ZX10R polished and nice, jumped on with his GiG and revved and took of resulting in an awesome crash due to the disc lock. Wrecked bike, loss of face in front of a huge crowd. Priceless...

I put mine in gear and lock the steering, keeps it staying where it is so far. I do sometimes catch some cun_t sitting on my bike playing with it tho... Not sure how to avoid it, mebbe a sign in Thai with (danger owner has swine flu, you might get sick if you touch it)

I'm always worried that I'm accidentally going to do that, so I loop a small piece of string around the handlebars near the ignition whenever the disc lock is on.

I saw a dude with a brand new Kawasaki ZX10R polished and nice, jumped on with his GiG and revved and took of resulting in an awesome crash due to the disc lock. Wrecked bike, loss of face in front of a huge crowd. Priceless...

I put mine in gear and lock the steering, keeps it staying where it is so far. I do sometimes catch some cun_t sitting on my bike playing with it tho... Not sure how to avoid it, mebbe a sign in Thai with (danger owner has swine flu, you might get sick if you touch it)

Leave it in gear and the little fuc_kers will start stomping on the shifter without using the clutch. The sign idea would probably work.

Leave it in gear and the little fuc_kers will start stomping on the shifter without using the clutch. The sign idea would probably work.

Yea, that's the other bad thing about disc locks. The little punks trying to move your bike will bang the disc lock on your brake calipers for 20 minutes trying to figure out why they can't roll the bike.

I hate the Jobworthies with the whistle when I park my bike in the car parking spots.

"peep" "peep" "peeeeep" "peeep" and then the "you", "you" shouts, once he sees my Farang face.

Even if the whole dam_n car park is empty.

On the other hand I never see cars being moved off the bike parking areas.........

Yea, that's the other bad thing about disc locks. The little punks trying to move your bike will bang the disc lock on your brake calipers for 20 minutes trying to figure out why they can't roll the bike.
That's why you buy a disc lock with a built-in alarm that screeches when some <deleted>*kwit somchai tries moving your bike. The security guard at the Eastiny Hotel in Pattaya found this out the hard way.  :D

As he did when moving GraGra's Ducati S2R 1000 by spinning it on it's kickstand.  :)

Edited by RusticCharm

Looks like I'm going to have to come to terms with people moving my bike :) !! It seems Thais have a true knack for moving locked up bikes. Even with my steering locked and a chain locking the front wheel to the front forks, people still managed to move my bike last week....seems that lifting the front and rear just to make a gap to squeeze into is just part of their parking routine.

Thanks for the help guys but I guess I'll have to be the one to make the sacrifice and park farther......dang!

I don't understand why you don't park further away. Your parked in the HOT SPOT, every thai in thailand wants that spot. I never park there, I always try to put my bike on the other end of the lot, often it sits there all day on its own, nobody goes near it.

My bikes 2 and half years old, hasnt even got a stone chip, no scratch etc and I have never found it moved from where I have left it.

Same with my car, ive got mates that always want those hotspots, after 12 months their cars are covered in carpark dings where selfless individuals open their doors onto them.....meanwhile my 5 year old car hasnt got a single one. Often I have to walk an extra 10 or 15 metres to fetch my bike or maybe 100 to fetch the car. I normally also find other like minded individuals parked near my car, up the back, their cars are dentless too.

xena locks are great!

• Haha 1

• 12 years later...

Hi People, in fact as your bike is personal property any party/parties interfering with it is committing a form of molestation as in molester, get it!

Always prosecute when possible , avoid being fobbed off by pil(as I was)as a matter of your own integrity..

Regards.

Edited by D3VM

Years ago  had my Honda Shadow parked in front of Big C on my way North.

Some little kid jumped on my bike and started playing with all the buttons and

going full speed of course.

I ignored it and when i came back the kid was gone and my throttle cable broken.

• Sad 1

On 8/6/2009 at 5:51 AM, Pdaz said:

If you came back and found a stranger on your bike in the UK you could beat the fooker to within an inch of his life.

No. No you couldn't.

You may think you could but legally, you cannot.

• Haha 1