Hotel Recomendations Ao Nang

Optimodo

I am planning to travel to krabi on Monday and stay for a week. I am looking for some suggestions for hotels located in Ao Nang located fairly close to the beach. I will be travelling with my long time girlfriend so we are looking for a nice hotel close to amenities. With a nice pool and room. My budget is about 3500 base price.

I have had a look at some of the recommendations of other people and looked at other hotel websites but wanted something fresh from experienced krabi travellers.

I have checked the weather report for krabi for the next week and it seems thunderstorms are forecast. I am starting to question why im even going since i made a similar trip to Koh Chang last year and it rained and was overcast every day. However the flights are all but paid for. But if someone can recommend a rescue plan of some beach resort that may have better weather in the next week please feel free to suggest something.

Mike

We love "The Cliffs". Have stayed there half a dozen times and we might go next or the following weekend. Generally, rooms start at 3100 baht. Unless you get one of the suites. (Which I highly advise). The chef is a good friend of my wifes and is brilliant. She has a mango green curry that is sooo good.

Rent a car from the airport. It does rain here, and the seas get pretty rough to take the longboat out some days, but hop in the car and explore the whole area. Lots of cool places to see, temples, national parks, night markets, caves. and shopping. Don't confine yourselves to just Ao Nang, you'll be missing out alot of what Krabi has to offer.

To me, this is the best time to come! The fruit season is in full swing!

Have fun,

meandwi

post-51408-1249665663_thumb.jpg

post-51408-1249665925_thumb.jpg

post-51408-1249666514_thumb.jpg

I can strongly recommend Krabi Resort. They are located directly on the beach. They normally have a good promotion this time of year and furthermore you normally can stay 7 nights, but only pay for 5 nights in the low season. Try to search on www.asiatravel.com or www.asiarooms.com to get the best promotion.

I am just back from Krabi and got a great deal from the Hotel.Golden Beach resort. This is right on the beach and the rate was 2160 per night with breakfast. If you stay 2 nights the 3rd is free. Regular price is 4500 per night. I checked with the agoda asiarooms etc and the hotel gave the best price just make sure when you book the give you the stay 2 get 1 free. They have some renovations been done but at the far end and this was not a issue.

During low season I always stay at the Ao Nang Beach Resort. The rooms are pretty nice but the main reason I stay there is the location. It is within easy walking distance of anything you want.

The large beach front rooms are discounted to 900 baht. That includes a mediocre buffet breakfast.

• 1 month later...
I am planning to travel to krabi on Monday and stay for a week. I am looking for some suggestions for hotels located in Ao Nang located fairly close to the beach. I will be travelling with my long time girlfriend so we are looking for a nice hotel close to amenities. With a nice pool and room. My budget is about 3500 base price.

I have had a look at some of the recommendations of other people and looked at other hotel websites but wanted something fresh from experienced krabi travellers.

I have checked the weather report for krabi for the next week and it seems thunderstorms are forecast. I am starting to question why im even going since i made a similar trip to Koh Chang last year and it rained and was overcast every day. However the flights are all but paid for. But if someone can recommend a rescue plan of some beach resort that may have better weather in the next week please feel free to suggest something.

Mike

Stay away from All Seasons. Stayed there for 4 days and the last day my digital camera was lifted from my room ! Reception or management were not interested but I had to leave to catch the Samui ferry. My subsequent emails were ignored.

Also stay away from that only island that has a restaurant that all the speedboats take their hostages to. Unlike Pattaya or Samui, lunch is not included in the day charter rate of Baht 20K, Bland overpriced food, Baht 85 for a can of Coke and Baht 150 for a can of beer.

Far too many tourists at Ao Nang and it's obvious the locals are are used to ripping them off !

A good point above....that restaurant on Poda island is a disgrace.Something should be done about it.

That comes with the remote location. On Phi Phi, at Rayley and Phranang Bay you'll have higher food and drink prices compared to Ao Nang, as well, since everything has to be carried there by boat.

A good point above....that restaurant on Poda island is a disgrace.Something should be done about it.

That comes with the remote location. On Phi Phi, at Rayley and Phranang Bay you'll have higher food and drink prices compared to Ao Nang, as well, since everything has to be carried there by boat.

Everything on Koh Samui comes by boat also, but the bars and restaurants only charge Baht 80 for a can of beer

Everything on Koh Samui comes by boat also, but the bars and restaurants only charge Baht 80 for a can of beer

The size of Koh Samui is slightly different compared to Phi Phi and other remote beaches around Ao Nang. You can easy roll on and off ferry boats and consequently logistic and distribution cost are in no comparison, than if you have to load those goods on long-tails

The size of Koh Samui is slightly different compared to Phi Phi and other remote beaches around Ao Nang. You can easy roll on and off ferry boats and consequently logistic and distribution cost are in no comparison, than if you have to load those goods on long-tails

Duuuuhhhh ! So that's allright then ! You wouldn't be married to the sister of a boatboy by any chance ?

Singha beer Baht 20 per can from the local agent then sold for Baht 180 at the restaurant in question. Go figure !