Alive And Kicking...

doppa

if all hospitals aspired to look after you the way ram tried, all would be well in the medical world in chiangmai, was well attended by various levels of nurses, after the hip operation, with them checking almost each hour to see if i was still breathing.

doc paiboon was excellent, not only from his obvious medical skills, but his humour was well appreciated.

the final bill, for not only the stem, but the cup in the hip came to 198kb, which was spot on to paiboons original estimate, the fact i allowed myself for a 300k bill, has pleased me no end.

i guess the only negative point about ram was the food, which was crap, but if anything had to suffer, that would be my choice.

and having had the op. at 8.00 last monday evening , was up and walking 48hrs later, quite astonishing, now back at home, it's great to consider that not only will i be meeting some of you freaks soon, but also, be able to wake every morning knowing that the pain i've had over the last few months will no longer be there, which will enable me to hop on the bike with golf clubs attached and meet the other % freaks from here.

only kidding guys and gals.

but it's great to be alive.

My experience with the RAM was also very positive. Colonscopie under full narcosis.

Doc was excellent, preparation , wake -up , all perfect. Good explanations, beautiful to see my still colon virgin like.

2 other occasions were also perfectly ok, medical charges too.

i guess the only negative point about ram was the food, which was crap, but if anything had to suffer, that would be my choice.

I got food (or almost food... PizzaCompany) delivered both to ICU and 10th floor ward. Not a great

extra expense. Today we even have MealsOnWheels... so choices are almost limitless.

Heh, it took 1112 some months to stop asking "you want this order now to Ram1 or XXXXX address?"

If I may take one from my Aussie cousins " GOOD ON YA MATE" speedy recovery and get that hole in one ya been dreaming about :-) I am happy to hear all went well for you, many of us here on TV were pulling for you.

Firstly, I hope for a speedy recovery and i am glad things went well.

I spent over a week there with Dengue fever, I wholly agree with the care. The rooms were nicer than some hotels I have been in. The staff were prompt, helpful and went out of their way. As stated, the food does suck, but since I had no interest in eating for 5 out of those days I made due, plus the wife brought me food from The Lemon Tree on the final few days haha.

The only complaint I had was outpatient care, they love to over medicate w/ expensive meds. When i returned saying i didn't need all of these meds, with the Dr's agreement on that, I was able to return 4000B worth of unopened meds. That is something unheard of here in the US.

Perhaps America's health care reform should just be round tickets to Thailand...

the food really is horrible there. I try to avoid MSG when possible and asked for food without MSG in it and they replied that I would have to order my food from outside as they could not accommodate....

:):D :D

but hey, cant beat the wifi in the rooms.

Glad it all went well and you are on your way to recovery. I could get a hip replacement for free in Canada (if I needed one), but I would have to wait a year or so to get it done. Sometimes paying up front does have its advantages.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Doppa,

That's great news ! While I "hate" Chiang Mai Ram's administration (for very good reasons, of course), I really like Dr. Paiboon who did a great job of turning my smashed up right leg into an airport-security scanner testing system via lots of metal implants and screws.

best, ~o:37;

I was also at Chiang Mai Ram in February. Great service and skills!

I was taken to the hospital with severe hurt in the abdominal area. After an x-ray, they found my appendix to be in an almost bursten position!

I came in the hospital around 6pm, was on the operating table around 7:30pm. I stayed 7 days in hospital with an open wound (yeah needed to be open to check if I would suffer from infection due to bursten appendix). On day 7 they brought me back to surgery to close the wound (locally injected and didn't feel a thing!). The same day I walked out of CMR and everyday they called me to know how I was.

Best of all.. paid only 150bht because i'm insured :)

GREAT !

if all hospitals aspired to look after you the way ram tried, all would be well in the medical world in chiangmai, was well attended by various levels of nurses, after the hip operation, with them checking almost each hour to see if i was still breathing.

doc paiboon was excellent, not only from his obvious medical skills, but his humour was well appreciated.

the final bill, for not only the stem, but the cup in the hip came to 198kb, which was spot on to paiboons original estimate, the fact i allowed myself for a 300k bill, has pleased me no end.

and having had the op. at 8.00 last monday evening , was up and walking 48hrs later, quite astonishing,

Did they cement your hip in or leave it to intergrow with the bone? Where you using crutches? I had mine done in the USA in 2000. I spent 2 nights in the hospital, back to work in 2 wheeks but was 12 wheeks with "no weight bareing" on crutches.

Still works great. I only remember it at the airport. It has let me miss out on a lot of pain. One of those things where "if I had known I would have had it done sooner".

Best on your recovery