Anything I Should Bring To Thailand?

HalfSquat

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I miss from home when I am in Thailand is American style coffee. Sure they have coffee there in Thailand, but it is not like coffee from home. I packed some of my coffee and a mini brewer. :D

Oh.... A GOOD ink pen. Yeah they have pens in Thailand but I could not find the type I like but I was lucky enough to have packed extra :D

From your previous posts I learned that you come here only on a short holiday and this year you even cancelled it,what a shame,but you can't live without your favourite pen those few weeks? :):D

I live here now for about 15 years and in the beginning on my trip home,for a few days in most cases,I brought back almost everything I liked to to eat in my home country.From sausages to cheese to ham.Nowadays I don't bring anything any more because most of what i brought had passed the expiry date before I consumed it and for the difference in price that most of the western things cost here I don't bother carrying a heavy suitcase anymore.

I live here now for about 15 years and in the beginning on my trip home,for a few days in most cases,I brought back almost everything I liked to to eat in my home country.From sausages to cheese to ham.Nowadays I don't bring anything any more because most of what i brought had passed the expiry date before I consumed it and for the difference in price that most of the western things cost here I don't bother carrying a heavy suitcase anymore.

One thing I learned about message boards is that nothing written on the internet is chiseled in stone. I can climb out of bed tomorrow and decide to buy a ticket and book a room and not have to explain or justify it to anyone. Or I could stay home and visit Thailand by going to these message boards.

The funny thing is that both options have their own level of appeal :)

Oh, another tip I have... Bring a seperate wallet for your Thai Money and documents. Keep your usual wallet locked in a safe.

When I visit, I brink all my credit cards and ATM cards with me but when I am on the street I only take one card with me in my "Thailand" wallet. Everything else is locked in the hotel safe.

AND if you get a "Thailand" Wallet. Get one that has 2 or 3 compartments for cash to help you seperate your Baht. What I use to do was to neatly fold my 1000 baht notes into seperate little folds and put them into the wallets pocket. It also helped that some vendors would haggle with me and lower the price seeing that I didn't have any 1000 baht notes showing in my wallet. :D

• 3 weeks later...