Transferring Money From Europe To Thailand

Here's a problem I never had before.. I need some people to transfer like 500,000 baht to my girlfriend's Bangkok Bank account.

What's the most economical way to do that? It'll be in Euros going to a Thai baht bank account.

How do they transfer the money? It's not a huge amount, just 10K Euro so I suppose I could just bring it next time I'm overthere.. Just 20 500 Euro notes.. (Or whatever the biggest Euro denomination is anyway)

Cheers,

Chanchao

With a bank account in Switzerland, but living in Thailand, I can transfer by Internetbanking money from Europe to my Thailand account. Last time it took only 3 days until the money arrived.

In Thailand I use BOA.

WCA

SWIFT transfer to Bangkok Bank. Swift code - BKKBTHBK.

Have the money converted to Baht at the Thai end. Takes 2/3 working days.

They charged £20 one-off fee from my UK bank and 500 baht (max) at the Thai end. If I'd have had the conversion done at the UK end, I'd have lost about 2% of the total. I transfered a similar amount as yourself.

You're not seriously condsidering carrying it over, Chanchao? :o

I use Citibank and it was very easy. The fee was $30 US and the amount didn't matter. I did it twice and had my money the next day both times. I used to use my Citibank ATM for living expenses but that cost $1.50 per transaction. I now wire transfer once a year for $30 and use my Siam bank ATM at no charge. Below is the answer to an email I sent them;

Thank you for your message regarding transferring funds to another bank's account by sending a wire transfer. Citibank Online does offer the ability to perform wire transfers. There are associated costs in processing incoming and outgoing wire transfers for the sending and receiving bank. Citibank charges a $18.75 wire transfer fee for outgoing domestic wire transfers and $30.00 for international wire transfers. The receiving bank may charge an incoming wire transfer fee. Citibank charges a $10.00 incoming wire transfer fee regardless of whether it is domestic or international.* Click on "Payments and Transfers'* Click on "Make A Transfer To An Account In US" * Click on "Set Up An Immediate Transfer"* Once you agree for the electronic transfers and the terms and conditions, the screen will ask you to select the bank where the beneficiary holds an account and the location whether inside US or Outside US.* If you select Outside US than screen will ask to send the funds in US Dollars or the currency local to the beneficiary. Go ahead and click Yes to continue. You will need to choose the country where you wish to send the transfer.* Click on International Money Transfer and follow the screen prompts.We would like to inform you that Citibank Online has changed the way customers use Online Wire Transfers and Citibank Global Transfers. The change is that you will be required to enter an authorization code to use either service. To request an authorization code, you will need to go to the "Payments & Transfers" menu under the Myciti tab and choose "Wire Transfers" or "Citibank Global Transfers" and request that we e-mail you an authorization code (which we do immediately). You may copy the code from the e-mail and paste it into the "Enter an authorization code" field.Response Time: Domestic wires are normally received same day to 2 business days depending on country and time sent. International wires are normally received within 2 business days for beneficiaries in Canada and Europe, however, the timeframe may take up to 2 weeks for certain international destinations Cutoff TimeBranch - 5:00 p.m. ETIf you have further questions, please send a message or call Citibank Online Customer Service at 1-800-374-9700. Representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day 7 days a week.Thank you for banking with Citibank. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.Sincerely,Citibank Online Customer Service