How Do You Feel In Thailand Today?

visible

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know about my country in your opinion.

I have been here for 10 months now and I just love the Thai culture and the Thai people who I have met are generally very friendly.

Naturally in any Country therr is good and bad.

Yes I think it is a wonderful Country and the Thai food is amazing. I will try anything once (within reason) and I am married to a wonderful Thai lady and live in a largish village.

I think you see the genuine Thai culture and people, who are not in the big cities.

Sorry no picture, but yours is very nice indeed. :):D:D

111188553.jpg

You don't look Thai. Korea?

Definitely not Korean. Cheekbones not prominent enough, face too classically oval where the Korean face is has more width compared to length. Perhaps Chinese Thai?

That's got to be the most racist, BS comments I've seen so far.

Edited by Garry9999

You don't look Thai. Korea?

Definitely not Korean. Cheekbones not prominent enough, face too classically oval where the Korean face is has more width compared to length. Perhaps Chinese Thai?

That's got to be the most racist, BS comments I've seen so far.

There's always one who has to call the race card without knowing what they are talking about, what a daft comment.

Cathyys comment is not a racist one but merely one of observation: myself I have dark hair, a big nose and bad teeth from which most would guess correctly that I am English/British. Is that racist?. I suggest you look up the term 'racism' before commenting again.

Either way that girl in the picture is a real looker (does that make me sexist now?)

as a first i would like to answer your question:

i love thailand. I think it can have a great future, if it gets the right government. Education is key. Thais are a great people, with a tolerant core. The land is beautiful and the culture is strong. Its the perfect starting point for a good society.

Cathyys comment is not a racist one but merely one of observation:

I also agree that it was an assessment on physical characteristics that distinguish many groups. We have a new Thai member and it would be good if members would behave themselves and not make accusations.

Welcome to ThaiVisa Visible.

I also agree that it was an assessment on physical characteristics that distinguish many groups. We have a new Thai member and it would be good if members would behave themselves and not make accusations.

Sorry but, isn't making an assessment on physical characteristics, the very definition of racism?

Sorry but, isn't making an assessment on physical characteristics, the very definition of racism?

No, it isn't, here is the definition.

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Anyway.

I forgot to welcome you 'visible', so welcome.

Edited by Moonrakers

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Most definitions are what is in bold above. My opinion was there was no intent to allude to it nor maliciousness in the comment. But let's get back on track please.

//edit - I see Moonraker got there first. :)

welcome you also Moonraker. I feel happy to see this forum because I can learn to share any thought.

Welcome visible, I'm really interested to hear you elaborate on "The knower will not speak and the speaker will not know"

122406755.jpg

Some of you probably doubt about the picture.

hers Profile

* Name: Liu Yi Fei

* English name: Crystal Liu

* Real names: An Feng (birth name); Liu Xi Mei Zi (name after age 6)

* Profession: Actress and singer

* Birthdate: 1987-Aug-25

* Birthplace: Wuhan, Hubei, China

* Nationality: American

* Height: 170cm

* Weight: 48kg

* Star sign: Virgo

* Chinese zodiac: Rabbit

* Blood type: B

welcome you also Moonraker. I feel happy to see this forum because I can learn to share any thought.

Welcome visible, I'm really interested to hear you elaborate on "The knower will not speak and the speaker will not know"

Classical Zen. To elaborate, she would have to speak, therefore she would not know. If she keeps silent, then she knows. There is a beauty to the symmetry.

sometimes this forum is an exhbition in surrealism. The thread starts off, goes to racism, to a movie, welcoming a veteran poster...i am so happy i am not moderating this bunch...good luck guys.

The real cowboys did not arrive yet...

op: ...not that comfortable like in the years before, all and all a kind of bifid.

Edited by Birdman

122406755.jpg

Some of you probably doubt about the picture.

hers Profile

* Name: Liu Yi Fei

* English name: Crystal Liu

* Real names: An Feng (birth name); Liu Xi Mei Zi (name after age 6)

* Profession: Actress and singer

* Birthdate: 1987-Aug-25

* Birthplace: Wuhan, Hubei, China

* Nationality: American

* Height: 170cm

* Weight: 48kg

* Star sign: Virgo

* Chinese zodiac: Rabbit

* Blood type: B

And?

For the benefit of all non-Asians... that is not a picture of the OP, unless the OP happens to be one of the most popular Asian actresses (from China)!

The process of education never stops....

it is clearly not his picture

as a first i would like to answer your question:

i love thailand. I think it can have a great future, if it gets the right government. Education is key. Thais are a great people, with a tolerant core. The land is beautiful and the culture is strong. Its the perfect starting point for a good society.

My Thai wife says, Thailand would be a great place if there were no Thai people. Recently I tend to agree. Not sure if the economy is bad and people getting more desperate. I feel Thais are getting more selfish and dishonest. I have a shop and I have man farang and Middle East customers/return customers and they recently also echo my opinion

Welcome Garry9999, I remember that I have ever posted in the tread "How Many Years In Prison Does Thaksin Deserve?

Thank you for interesting in the word.

Yes, I did post on that thread and I voted 0.

I just send a mesage to you, please open it and contact me.

For the benefit of all non-Asians... that is not a picture of the OP, unless the OP happens to be one of the most popular Asian actresses (from China)!

The process of education never stops....

it is clearly not his picture

but welcome nonetheless visible ...  :)