Usa Tourist Visa For Thai Gf

Can someone recommend a reputable agency in Bangkok who can assist my Thai girlfriend with applying for a tourist visa to the USA? If I were there now, I could help her myself but her English skills are not the best so she needs to speak to someone in Thai who can help her through the process. She needs to know all the do and don'ts so a trustworthy agency might be the best bet to get her through the process.

We're just getting to know each other so a fiance visa is out of the question for now. For now, she just wants to visit me in the USA to find out about my country (like an actual tourist) and get to know me better. I imagine there would be several trips between us and the 2 countries for awhile, before (or if) we're ready for a fiance visa.

Also, I read a post somewhere else that suggested contacting a travel agency and letting them arrange a tourist package for her in the USA and that they would help her apply for a visa. Is that feasible or just a myth?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A single Thai girl getting a tourist visa, good luck. The US Embassy recommends Virasakdi Jombunud tod2117(at)gmail.com and he is across the street from the US Embassy on Wireless road. +66-2256-6564 . I have used him for offical translations, gf tourist visa, marriage in thailand and wife's tourist visa. Very inexpensive and have been 100% happy with him and the service he has provided.

Can someone recommend a reputable agency in Bangkok who can assist my Thai girlfriend with applying for a tourist visa to the USA? If I were there now, I could help her myself but her English skills are not the best so she needs to speak to someone in Thai who can help her through the process. She needs to know all the do and don'ts so a trustworthy agency might be the best bet to get her through the process.

We're just getting to know each other so a fiance visa is out of the question for now. For now, she just wants to visit me in the USA to find out about my country (like an actual tourist) and get to know me better. I imagine there would be several trips between us and the 2 countries for awhile, before (or if) we're ready for a fiance visa.

Also, I read a post somewhere else that suggested contacting a travel agency and letting them arrange a tourist package for her in the USA and that they would help her apply for a visa. Is that feasible or just a myth?

I'd don't get your hopes up a bunch, or her's. While g/f visas are not impossible to get, they're sure helped if the b/f, the AmCit in this case, is employed in Thailand or retired here, renting or owning a house/condo/apartment, owns a car, etc, has pretty strong ties to Thailand. That was the case when my now wife got her first two short-term visas then here first 10-year tourist visa.

For the guy to be based in the U.S. with no ties to Thailand I'd kind of expect the ConOff to look at the situation as an "intending immigrant," one who is perhaps avoiding the delays of a K1 Fiancée visa, and might jump ship, so to speak, once in the U.S.

Got an AmCit friend in this situation now. His g/f was denied a tourist visa in June, understandably in my view, since he was back in the U.S. already. However, he's coming out here again in November, already has a Thai bank account, may buy a car, he'll get a "retirement" extension on his Thai Non-O visa. I'd bet she'll have a good chance to get one then.

Mac

I'd don't get your hopes up a bunch, or her's. While g/f visas are not impossible to get, they're sure helped if the b/f, the AmCit in this case, is employed in Thailand or retired here, renting or owning a house/condo/apartment, owns a car, etc, has pretty strong ties to Thailand. That was the case when my now wife got her first two short-term visas then here first 10-year tourist visa.

For the guy to be based in the U.S. with no ties to Thailand I'd kind of expect the ConOff to look at the situation as an "intending immigrant," one who is perhaps avoiding the delays of a K1 Fiancée visa, and might jump ship, so to speak, once in the U.S.

Got an AmCit friend in this situation now. His g/f was denied a tourist visa in June, understandably in my view, since he was back in the U.S. already. However, he's coming out here again in November, already has a Thai bank account, may buy a car, he'll get a "retirement" extension on his Thai Non-O visa. I'd bet she'll have a good chance to get one then.

Mac

I do not mean to be another wise guy, but I have a million baht I'd bet against a hundred that Mac is correct. This is based upon my own experience. I'm never one to say don't try, but in my mind, getting a visa on the first try under the described circumstances is somewhere between zero and nothing. I believe she will be summarily rejected with the advice to apply for a K-1, even though that IS NOT the correct visa for the circumstances. Do I have any takers out there on my 10,000 to 1 bet? Your BEST chance is to portray her as only a tourist and NEVER mention a boyfriend in the U.S. DO NOT lie! Just do not mention it unless the consular officer asks. She could say she has always wanted to go to Disneyland. She will probably have a better chance if she were going with another girlfriend. Makes the Disneyland story more plausible (Q: What Thai takes a trip like this alone? A: None).

That's a sucker's bet, BUT we don't know the gf's situation. If she is established (business, condo etc....) in Thailand, then perhaps....

I gave up after two tries. My gf (now fiancee) is poor.

On a good note, I applied for a fiancee visa and in just under three months, I rec'd a letter from the State Dept National Visa Center saying that they rec'd my approved application and are forwarding it to the US Embassy in Bangkok...

Can she make this trip without your financial help? Does her employment allow such time off? Is she from a family that would allow children to make such a trip? Does she have firm ties to Thailand which indicate she will return and not overstay?

Obtaining tourist visas to the US is not an easy matter for those without apparent means to make such travel. And would not advise making any misrepresentations now that might come back to be a problem later if you do decide to get together. Unfortunately agents often do such without the persons knowledge and they will not be there to take the heat later when it comes unstuck. It is likely much easier for you to travel than for her. If not she probably does not have the ties to Thailand that would permit a visa issue.

She needs to show that she is a legitimate tourist and has the means to travel internationally on her own. Tax records showing she has the kind of job/life that allows her such luxury are the easiest way to prove you are a real tourist. Otherwise, you are facing a likely refusal.

Can she make this trip without your financial help? Does her employment allow such time off? Is she from a family that would allow children to make such a trip? Does she have firm ties to Thailand which indicate she will return and not overstay?

Obtaining tourist visas to the US is not an easy matter for those without apparent means to make such travel. And would not advise making any misrepresentations now that might come back to be a problem later if you do decide to get together. Unfortunately agents often do such without the persons knowledge and they will not be there to take the heat later when it comes unstuck. It is likely much easier for you to travel than for her. If not she probably does not have the ties to Thailand that would permit a visa issue.

Would be grateful for an idea as to my gf's chances of a tourist visa for and I to have a short trip to the US, I know you are the font of all knowledge lopburi3 but I will not hold you to it.

My gf and I, I'm a British National, live together in Bangkok and will have done so for about three years when we plan to visit the US. Whilst she works her salary would not be sufficient to fund such a trip, we have had couple of trips to Hong Kong and Singapore and we have also travelled to Laos, South Korea, Malaysia, Bali, France and the UK. Whilst she cannot fund such a trip herself would the fact that we have a stable relationship and future in Thailand, coupled with her previous travel history, normally be sufficient to convince the consular officer that we, or rather she, would return.

Again I realise you don't actually issue visas, so I will not hold you to any pointers you are able to give.

Thanks

The fact her boyfriend is not American is a plus, even if not admitted. That removes one of the major issues (adjustment of status). The other major issue is overstay and her travel history speaks well for that, and your long term relationship. Suspect she would have a very good chance to obtain a tourist visa. With honest answers for the how/why/who.