Colonoscopy

tropo

Agreeing with PhilConners - don't know why people compare the health care costs here to the US at all. Much much higher there for everything health related - contact lenses, eye exams, dental exam and cleaning, hospital room charges, doctor visits, x-rays, etc. And that's even if you have good insurance. My health plan in the US covers far more than my health plan during my assignment here, but I'm still FAR less out of pocket here for the few (thankfully) minor things I've needed in the past 8 months.

I had a colonoscopy a couple of years ago in the UK and I was given Midazolam and Pethidine. It worked a treat - no pain and no recollection at all of the procedure. I also had a camera down my gullet at the same time - not the same camera that they stuck up my bum though :D

I've had a few colonoscopies and they were only mildly uncomfortable.

However, I've had a camera inserted up through my penis :) to look into my kidney and THAT was severe pain. I saw the face of God. Never again.

Hi,

I had a colonoscopy yesterday at St. Louis Hospital in Bangkok for a total of 13,417 baht.

No pain, completely sedated and very quick full recovery of consciousness.

This included the removal and biopsies of 4 polyps that were found.

I also came away with a full report and colour photographs for my GP in farangland.