Pompey

MSingh

Pompey due to go in to administration in the next couple of days with a -9 point penalty. Still 5-2 to be relegated if anyone wants a quick flutter before the odds fall. Thank me in May when you get your winnings.

Would seem so, i cant understand why this Arab geezer would want to buy them the fact its gone on for so long shows that there is a problem.

Its Harry's spending thats got them in this mess, wonder if their fans would have wanted that FA Cup win if they knew the cost was going to be administration and probable relegation.

No one's sure about the administration bit yet. But it's been an incredibly protracted and procrastinating takeover, if it happens at all. But they do have all the potential to be one of those relegated -- even if they were to win most of their home games they will still be well and truly embedded in the relegation mire.

I think Pompey are in deep shit.If they do go into administration they will be certainties for relegation....even if they dont they are amongst the favourites to go down.

They have sold most of their good players and replaced them with free transfers and loanees.

James,Distin and Campbell are all rumoured to be on their way,as well.

Paul Hart,their manager,has a great record with youth policies at Leeds and Forest but didnt succeed as a manager at Barnsley,Chesterfield or Rushden & Diamonds....not a recipe for success at Premiership level.

With Hull likely for relegation too it means two of the promoted clubs could well stay up this season so a big incentive for Wolves,Birmingham and Burnley.

How do you go about putting a bet on here.

Not a gambling man so I don't know where to start ...what would 50 quid return?

I have no idea what 5/2 means??

I am open for education lads.how do I do it?

Cheers

5/2 on a 50 quid bet pauly means that your 50 quid = the 2. so 2 lots of 25 quid. so if the 5/2 bet came off you would get 5 lots of 25 back i.e. 125 quid on top of your original stake of 50 quid that you also get back.

pompey are in a dreadful state but if anyone can explain to me why their debt situation is worse than that of man united, liverpool and chelsea then i'm all ears. seems some debt is more equal than others despite it being much, much bigger.

The Bookies MUST be aware of this surely.

I've never seen a poor one yet!

If they were poor they wouldn't be able to operate! Plenty of bookmakers have gone skint because there are plenty of good judges out there,TP.

Cheers

5/2 on a 50 quid bet pauly means that your 50 quid = the 2. so 2 lots of 25 quid. so if the 5/2 bet came off you would get 5 lots of 25 back i.e. 125 quid on top of your original stake of 50 quid that you also get back.

pompey are in a dreadful state but if anyone can explain to me why their debt situation is worse than that of man united, liverpool and chelsea then i'm all ears. seems some debt is more equal than others despite it being much, much bigger.

If someone owes a Bank a Million Pounds, they're in big trouble..

If someone owes the Bank a Billion Pounds, the Bank's in big trouble..

Good analogy Singhy. Now all i need to do is convince my bank to lend me a Billion. Then buy Man U and go straight into administration :)

Good analogy Singhy. Now all i need to do is convince my bank to lend me a Billion. Then buy Man U and go straight into administration :)

How does that song from "Man of La Mancha" go

"To Dream the Impossible Dream"

:D

How does that song from "Man of La Mancha" go

"To Dream the Impossible Dream"

:D

To have an impossible dream is better than to have no dream at all. If someone hasn't already been credited with quoting that, I'm having it as my own :D

Cheers

The problem is that they can't service there date, and they have no options to restructure. I think they have to make a payment of 40 million quid in the next few days to Standard Bank (South Africa), basically they are in serious <deleted>.

The problem is that they can't service there date, and they have no options to restructure. I think they have to make a payment of 40 million quid in the next few days to Standard Bank (South Africa), basically they are in serious <deleted>.

essentially what liverpool had to do recently in refinancing the loans which the two frauds took out to buy us off that greedy cretin david moores. which in our case is looking like meaning rafa has no more money to spend on players and had to sell alonso to bail the fuc_king club out.

essentially what liverpool had to do recently in refinancing the loans which the two frauds took out to buy us off that greedy cretin david moores. which in our case is looking like meaning rafa has no more money to spend on players and had to sell alonso to bail the fuc_king club out.

Basically Steve, there are a number of clubs with huge debts Liverpool and Man Uts are two good examples, but they are able to service them. The shit hits the fan, when they can't do that any longer and the financial institutions will not allow them to restructure. Clubs like Popmpey just don't have the ground and attendences to push on, and they are sraddled with ridiculous debts from over extending themselves. Seems to be a bit of a trend on the South Coast.

Whilst it is sad to see any team in such a mess, this might force a few Premier League teams to have a serious look at their finances. P-Pompey may end up the first Premier League team with a points deduction for going in to administration, but I don't think they will be the last.

Basically Steve, there are a number of clubs with huge debts Liverpool and Man Uts are two good examples, but they are able to service them. The shit hits the fan, when they can't do that any longer and the financial institutions will not allow them to restructure. Clubs like Popmpey just don't have the ground and attendences to push on, and they are sraddled with ridiculous debts from over extending themselves. Seems to be a bit of a trend on the South Coast.

Whilst it is sad to see any team in such a mess, this might force a few Premier League teams to have a serious look at their finances. P-Pompey may end up the first Premier League team with a points deduction for going in to administration, but I don't think they will be the last.

oh i know man, and i don't think that the current status quo is sustainable at all but rather than risk themselves falling into financial ruin the so-called big four will spilt away and form a european league with the other big european clubs or just tell the premier league where to go with its tv rights and set up their own private broadcasting deals like madrid and barcelona have.

I'm thinking 9 points deducted is getting of likely for what is basically a form of cheating.

The reason other then they service their debt that Man U arent likely to go into admin is the club is worth far more then the debt, clubs like Pompey who are in need of a new ground and go between leagues are just a money pit.

Edited by sanmiguellight

I never thought of you as the Oscar Wilde of Rochdale before, now I'm seeing you in a new light - perhaps it's all due the Kasbahs you've been visiting. :)

Jeez I wish the new season would start.

Oh yes ken. There is more to me than Blackpuddings, Ferrets, Pie, Peas and Gravy tha knows

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ :D \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

the so-called big four will spilt away

The question is, who are the big four now ?

Good question, i'm pretty convinced that Arsenal will " drop out " of the Big 4 & be replaced by your lot, & most probaby this Year..