Flight Of The Gibbon

JimmyTheMook

Seems they offer double pricing also after phoning them :)

Can you tell my you think this?

I know they have an early bird rate and a later in the day ratr but I have never heard of them doing "double pricing"

Call them up and ask the prices in Thai .

They quoted 2500 / 2300 (early bird) for Adults & Children in English

Can you tell my you think this?

I know they have an early bird rate and a later in the day ratr but I have never heard of them doing "double pricing"

Call them up and ask the prices in Thai .

They quoted 2500 / 2300 (early bird) for Adults & Children in English

Sorry, I still don't understand - did you get a Thai price or did you speak in Thai and they answered in English?

Must be the Aussie part of me that makes me thick.

I don't patronise double pricing places either - but I have never heard that they were doing that.

Sorry, I still don't understand - did you get a Thai price or did you speak in Thai and they answered in English?

Must be the Aussie part of me that makes me thick.

I don't patronise double pricing places either - but I have never heard that they were doing that.

I called and asked in English for the Adult and Children prices and was told 2500 baht each , asked why kids are charged the same price and was told they are given the same adventure.

I then asked in Thai if there was a discount for Thai national kids and was quoted 1750 per child.

Seems more reasonable as the only complaints on trip adviser were about the price.

But I also avoid places that feel it is OK to rip off foreigners.

take a look at their website.On the thai version are different prices mentioned as on the english version.

As posted by a previous poster,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php...treetopasia.com

for those who cant read Thai, on the home page after the phone number click the link 3rd in on the rh side (it says Thai written in Thai).

After opening the Thai page, click the link 2nd in on the rh side (it says in Thai, raka, or price to we farang).

ราคาปกติอยู่ที่ 2200 บาทต่อท่าน แต่ขณะนี้ ท างเราได้จัดโปรโมชั่นพิเศษสำหรับผู้ที่ จองผ่านอินเตอร์เน็ตในราคาเพียง 1920 บาทต่ อท่าน Update: The price is 2080 - 2300 Baht. Please see sign up page.

You dont need to read Thai to suss it out, if they quoted the op 2500/2300 baht, then I leave it to your imagination as to whats taking place, suffice to say I wont be visiting, cant even be bothered to show a Thai drivers license or talk Thai to them.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone actually been to the Pattaya Gibbon Zip-Line Adventure?

I would like to give it ago in the New Year, probably with a group of visiting friends/family, I don't care about the costs.

Plus I would like to know if there is an upper weight limit for the more 'well nourished' Zip-Liners?

I would like to give it ago in the New Year, probably with a group of visiting friends/family, I don't care about the costs.

Plus I would like to know if there is an upper weight limit for the more 'well nourished' Zip-Liners?

I have been twice because I had to go a second time because my first visit was drowned out by my Thai G/f shrieking, 2nd time she actually enjoyed it. The staff were fantastic and safety is second to none. As a previous poster said it was it is the experience of a lifetime. Try it you won't be disappointed. It's a great day out, and very informative.post-96586-1260599627_thumb.jpg

I have been twice because I had to go a second time because my first visit was drowned out by my Thai G/f shrieking, 2nd time she actually enjoyed it. The staff were fantastic and safety is second to none. As a previous poster said it was it is the experience of a lifetime. Try it you won't be disappointed. It's a great day out, and very informative.post-96586-1260599627_thumb.jpg

Is your photo from the Chiang Mai one or the Pattaya one?

Is your photo from the Chiang Mai one or the Pattaya one?

I know it's hard to tell but this is from Pattaya, Kao Keow Zoo- great funpost-96586-1260604712_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

As somebody mentioned show a Thai driving licence and you get Thai prices

Thai Drivers Licence, Work Permit or residence Visa. That what I got with my mixed family. Reason gave as locals paying tax allow offset of expenses to do with use of National Parks and Forestry charges as passed on by the company to government agencies. Other than that all is kosha.

I won't patronize any business that charges different races or nationalites different prices. bah.gif

All Thai residents get a discount, not because of their race, but because we want them to visit often.

We have modeled our policies after other multi-national companies such as Disney World, they are leaders in cultural diversity and non - racial ethical standards. If you are a resident of Hong Kong or Florida or other Disney locations, you can ask them for a resident discount. (http://disneyworld.d...rida-residents/)

We developed this policy in the hope that residents will be able to afford to visit often, regardless of race. We also provide discounts to other groups based on affordability, including more than 100 non-profits operating in Asia, and more than 2000 free passes to Asian orphanages each year.

Edited by gibbonsreachingout

All Thai residents get a discount, not because of their race, but because we want them to visit often.

We have modeled our policies after other multi-national companies such as Disney World, they are leaders in cultural diversity and non - racial ethical standards. If you are a resident of Hong Kong or Florida or other Disney locations, you can ask them for a resident discount. (http://disneyworld.d...rida-residents/)

We developed this policy in the hope that residents will be able to afford to visit often, regardless of race. We also provide discounts to other groups based on affordability, including more than100 non-profits operating in Asia, and more than 2000 free passes to Asian orphanages each year.

We developed this policy in the hope that residents will be able to afford to visit often, regardless of race.

So can you specifically confirm that foreigners living in Thailand are offered the SAME discount on proof of address? And if not, why not.

We developed this policy in the hope that residents will be able to afford to visit often, regardless of race. We also provide discounts to other groups based on affordability, including more than100 non-profits operating in Asia, and more than 2000 free passes to Asian orphanages each year.

We developed this policy in the hope that residents will be able to afford to visit often, regardless of race.

So can you specifically confirm that foreigners living in Thailand are offered the SAME discount on proof of address? And if not, why not.

I apologize for the delay in getting a response to you, and have actually now set up the system that will notify me when a question comes in. We are currently working on the format on our webpage so that we may include the following statement. "All Thai residents get a discount. We developed this policy in the hope that residents will be able to afford to visit often. Proof of residency, retirement visa, drivers license or work permit will be required for this discount. We also provide discounts to other groups based on affordability, including more than 100 non-profits operating in Asia, and more than 2000 free passes to Asian orphanages each year. " So to answer your question, yes, we gladly honor all people who have residency in Thailand. Thank you for your interest, please let us know if you have further questions.

Seems incredibly expensive to me.

For the same price a family of three can spend the whole day at Alton Towers theme park (UK), inclusive of all rides. And NO double pricing.

For those who don't know, Alton Towers is one of the best theme parks in the world.

ALTON TOWERS

A day ticket to Disney World (US) is cheaper than a day ticket to Flight of the gibbon, Pattaya (and no double pricing).

A day ticket to Disney water parks is about half the price (and no double pricing).

I apologize for the delay in getting a response to you, and have actually now set up the system that will notify me when a question comes in. We are currently working on the format on our webpage so that we may include the following statement. "All Thai residents get a discount. We developed this policy in the hope that residents will be able to afford to visit often. Proof of residency, retirement visa, drivers license or work permit will be required for this discount. We also provide discounts to other groups based on affordability, including more than 100 non-profits operating in Asia, and more than 2000 free passes to Asian orphanages each year. " So to answer your question, yes, we gladly honor all people who have residency in Thailand. Thank you for your interest, please let us know if you have further questions.

Dear gibbonsreachingout,

I have a question ,I have 2 children aged 15 & 11.

We are keen that they enjoy your adventure on a day trip,however neither my wife or I will be participants.

Do you have a rate for "passive parents" ?

Best wishes

Wiley Coyote

Dear gibbonsreachingout,

I have a question ,I have 2 children aged 15 & 11.

We are keen that they enjoy your adventure on a day trip,however neither my wife or I will be participants.

Do you have a rate for "passive parents" ?

Best wishes

Wiley Coyote

Dear Wiley - I got carried away in answering you post - and it got deleted - too commercial!! I'm sure something can be worked out, the kids are old enough to do a tour by themselves - but you should call and ask about the Nature tour. Thanks.