Flight Of The Gibbon

JimmyTheMook

uzzWent there yesterday , tried to overcome my Vertigo , could only do the first Zip Line , BUT my wife (Grandmother of 5 ) had a ball completing all platforms & wants to do it again.

Value for Money ????

YES !!!!

Staff Professional ???

YES !!!

This opinion was shared by our group , Australian,American,Isralie,German , Iranian

As my Darling said at the end "What a Buzz ! "

:D

Edited by Ohio

uzzWent there yesterday , tried to overcome my Vertigo , could only do the first Zip Line , BUT my wife (Grandmother of 5 ) had a ball completing all platforms & wants to do it again.

Value for Money ????

YES !!!!

Staff Professional ???

YES !!!

This opinion was shared by our group , Australian,American,Isralie,German , Iranian

Agreed

It is run with western standard safety.

I went with my son (9 at the time). He can be a bit of a handfull as a "want to do it now" type, the staff were polite but firm with him ensuring his and everyone's safety as their first consideration.

Is it worth the cost? YES we had a great experience, yes it is expensive by most standards but the place and the equipment are well maintained, this can cost money, the staff we had were ex-military and well trained, they ensured everything was done safely , no rambos there. I hope they are well paid as they did it right for themselves and the customers.

Would it do it again? YES, it is a holiday thing rather than an every day thing, it was fun. Jr wants to go back too. It is one of the things he ranted about on going home (that and the go-cart track near Siam Mini :lol:. I am sure his mother had some strong opinions :whistling: )

Some of the flying fox jumps are over 300m long and over 100m in the air. There is also an amount of physical activity involved and a maximum weight limit for the gear, so some members should check before going.

Value for Money ????

YES !!!!

Staff Professional ???

YES !!!

We are so glad that you enjoyed the tour - which location if I may ask? We have great respect for our "Grandmother" customers - they know how to have fun! Please consider posting some pictures on our facebook photo albums - fans love them. http://www.facebook.com/FlightOfTheGibbon?v=photos. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

I took my two sons to flight of the Gibbon this morning they are 27 & 23 big enough to go alone you might think. But when you ask F-O-T-G to collect them in Pattaya they asked them to go to Sukhumvit Rd in Bangkok for pick up point, that’s after giving them the address. they then came back with another suggested address. not at our house on the way to F-O-T-G , so we gave up with the pick up idea. So much for being told hotel pick up, Geography is not a strong point with the transport dept at F-O-T-G

So I decide to drop them, off told to be there for 8:00 so we arrive at 7:45 to be met by a bunch of idiots running the check-in a total fiasco, then to be told we arrive to late for this 8am group have to wait for next group. 45 mins cooking in the morning heat & humidity. 5 baht cup of water costs 20 baht, Then the lads get given the free T-Shirt as it says on the tin for F-O-T-G. One problem XL T-Shirt is a chest size 28. oh yep the label shows XL, when we asked for a bigger size we were met with ''no have bigger size'' & that stupid grin that you would like to remove physically, obviously the people running the check in run the T-Shirt ordering. ( these are two big muscle bound lads)

My concern was if idiots are running the check-in which was a total shambles how was the safety!!!!!!!!! if your like me have no time for incompetence then think twice before the flight of the gibbon.

I Just told the boys to make check of every Rope, clip, carabineer & buckle. I will await there verdict I collect them later if they are not stuck in the trees.

If by any remote chance there is an expat behind this operation spend a little time on reception meeting & greeting training & checking in your customers. Knock the charge for a second water on the head hell it is cheap as chips in Thailand, were are european designer evian etc etc here just somthing to quench the thirst & heat. good news of service travels fast bad news travels much much faster. Your charging a good price give a good service.

• 3 months later...

The guys at toursinbangkok are the cheapest we found.

They promised to price match.

We went with them and it was smooth and they speak fluent English which didn't hurt!

Very worthwhile trip :) :).

We also got an extra discount for presenting a Non-O visa but I don't know if that's the usual.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

You all love it, but don't you think that paying 3000 thb for half day fun is being cheated ?

Any foreigner involved in this business ? Is it why it is expensive ? And it is really UNACCEPTABLE that foreigners pay more than Thai !

And what about safety, are we all waiting the first death to understand that paying to die when doing this kind of thing is stupid ?

Waiting for your opinion.