Double Entry Tourist Visa From Kl

At the beginning of July, I went to Vientianne and got a single entry tourist VISA - 60 days - only to find out I could have got a double entry VISA for absolutely nothing.

The VISA runs out at end of this month and of course I could go to immigration at Sathorn to extend by 30 days for 1900 baht.

I may do this, but looking at alternatives and wondered whether someone would be able to help.

My options are Vientianne again, Phnom Penh, HCMC or KL.

Having read recent reports of Penang making their own rules with VISA's, I have decided to give this a miss. Is KL's Thai embassy/consulate run in the same vein??

Are all consulates the same in that you apply on one day (normally morning) and collect the following day (normally in the afternoon)?

I would preferably go to KL as can stay at friends plus no need to purchase a VISA as British.

Any help would be much appreciated, especially if someone has recently been to KL and received a double entry tourist VISA.

I have not seen reports of two entry tourist visas except from Vientiane. Penang seems to be a no go area if you have ever extended a tourist visa presently. KL is good for visas but have not seen two entry mentioned. Most local Consulates use the apply morning pick up next workday afternoon procedure.

Phnom Penh is OK for Single Entry Tourist Visa, free of charge, with Same Day Service available for 15 USD (find an 'agent' outside the embassy gate). Embassy is not very busy, organisation good (ticket machine), waiting times minimal, staff is OK. I did not have any troubles, went there 2 times in the last 6 months.

There are 2 reports of delayed processing time (standard is 1 day=next day, applicants were informed about 2 days processing time), but reported situations were always resolved by showing a flight ticket out of Phnom Penh. This does not affect same-day service which always means pickup the same day in the afternoon at about 16:30 (as opposed to normal pickup time starting at 15:00-15:30).

I came to understand that Phnom Penh embassy didn't have a good reputation in the past, but Tourist Visas (single entry) seem to be (nearly) hassle free now and quite convenient with the same day service available for only 510 THB (converted from USD).

check out the reports here and here

No Double Entry though.

welo

Now that wouldn't be your good report would it by chance, Welo? :D

LOL It's no secret that I get 1 Stang from Thaivisa for each reader. We all have to make a living. :)

welo

Note: Just checked, that would be stunning 5 Baht by now (if it were true that I get paid), I guess there are more popular threads around :D And I'm still waiting for another Visa Runner who is crazy enough to do Phnom Penh overland by bus...

Edited by welo

Now that wouldn't be your good report would it by chance, Welo? :D

LOL It's no secret that I get 1 Stang from Thaivisa for each reader. We all have to make a living. :D

I hope you have a work permit :)

Edited by thaiphoon