Bottle Water Quality On Phuket

hackerthai

• 13 years later...
On 8/11/2009 at 6:30 PM, hackerthai said:

I am looking for the best source of water to be delieverd.

Have been getting the 12 baht water in the white plastic bottles but I am told it is just tap with chlorine. It tastes horrible.

I have recently seen a truck in Rawai Chalong called SPA Reverse Osmosis water. 32 Baht, it this is the best quality?

Does anyone have any more input on other water companies in the Rawai area. if so can you list telephone numbers?

Thank you

An interesting topic indeed. Water is the essence of our bodies and our planet.

Okay, I add what I've seen. My neighbor into many things, and he spent a lot, a lot of money getting the formula for his super drink, cure cancer, do this, that blah, blah, blah. However, his. Dr. And others. Analysts says that no water on the island are any good except for Nestle... But he ended up importing in his water from Bangkok.

For myself. I have gone health nut. due to some conditions anyway. water is very important. I used to get the blue bottles. 30 bart compared to white bottles. 15 bart. White bottle I have seen sand in it and green fungi. Next girlfriend used to jug that. They filled it up from the tap. I don't know.

The point is water is very important for your body. Why skimp on it? So I have taken to mineral water myself not. water. Mineral water. Now I have just found a company for the large blue bottles as I don't like the. 7 eleven drinking bottles anyway. What is good what tastes good who knows? Good luck all don't skip on your body or your health. SP, a yeah, I had him for years. Tried most.

On 8/11/2009 at 6:30 PM, hackerthai said:

I am looking for the best source of water to be delieverd.

Have been getting the 12 baht water in the white plastic bottles but I am told it is just tap with chlorine. It tastes horrible.

I have recently seen a truck in Rawai Chalong called SPA Reverse Osmosis water. 32 Baht, it this is the best quality?

Does anyone have any more input on other water companies in the Rawai area. if so can you list telephone numbers?

Thank you

An interesting topic indeed. Water is the essence of our bodies and our planet.

Okay, I add what I've seen. My neighbor into many things, and he spent a lot, a lot of money getting the formula for his super drink, cure cancer, do this, that blah, blah, blah. However, his. Dr. And others. Analysts says that no water on the island are any good except for Nestle... But he ended up importing in his water from Bangkok.

For myself. I have gone health nut. due to some conditions anyway. water is very important. I used to get the blue bottles. 30 bart compared to white bottles. 15 bart. White bottle I have seen sand in it and green fungi. Next girlfriend used to jug that. They filled it up from the tap. I don't know.

The point is water is very important for your body. Why skimp on it? So I have taken to mineral water myself not. water. Mineral water. Now I have just found a company for the large blue bottles as I don't like the. 7 eleven drinking bottles anyway. What is good what tastes good who knows? Good luck all don't skip on your body or your health. SP, a yeah, I had him for years. Tried most.

On 11/21/2009 at 10:32 PM, phuketsub said:

I have a degree and work experience in hydrology and grew up working in a family-run business that installed water mains and hooked up homes to municipal supplies.

In my home country, the US, we generally drink the tap water.

The frequency and thoroughness of water contaminant testing for municipal supply there depends on the amount supplied. This is mandated by law. A large, metropolitan supply system will be tested daily for a wide number or contaminants, whereas a smaller municipal or county system will be tested less frequently for a smaller number of contaminants.

Here in Phuket, it is obvious that you can't drink tap water, so any discussion of the testing the municipal is moot. Where I live in Phuket Town the water is often too brown to use even to wash clothes...

In Kathu, where the largest of the island's two reservoirs is located, they use the basin for Loy Kratong floating and seem to make almost no effort to protect the catchment area from contamination. They have even pulled dead bodies out of it. Of course it is treated after the fact, but chlorine can't kill everything and has no effect whatsoever on a wide range of inorganic contaminants, most of them man-made.

I suspect the quality of water at the new Bang Neaw Dum reservoir in Tambon Srisoonthorn could be of a drinkable standard with proper treatment, but the problem is in the supply system -- and the provincial waterworks authority simply doesn't think along these lines.

Even the water produced from the desal plant in Karon at great cost (monthly electricity costs in the millions of baht at the outset) is simply mixed in with the low-quality tin mine water.

I don't know why they don't make it available to consumers as the point of production at a low cost. It could be the one saving grace of a project that is a complete failure in every other respect.

As far as the commercially available drinking water goes, I generally choose buy the big 10-liter jugs and use it for most purposes.

Never underestimate your own abilities to detect impurities in water: the human nose can sniff out less 1 part per million of hydrocarbons (a carcinogen) in water, and many other contaminants as well. If it doesn't taste right, don't drink it.

As for RO water, it is not really what we were designed to drink -- nor do I think it tastes very good, regardless of previous posts have written. 'Purity' (ie just H2O molecules) is not all it is cracked up to be when it comes to drinking water. Try a sip of pH neutral distilled water. It tastes wrong, because it is wrong.

The best tasting water will be slightly acidic, containing a variety of minerals.

Although it is not scientifically based, my recommendation would be to limit as much as possible ingesting any water from municipal supply (eg. don't even brush your teeth with it) and using a standard brand of commercially-available water (eg. Nestle's, Minere, etc) that you enjoy the taste of, if you can afford it.

Better yet, just drink beer!

:)

I

Thank you for your considerable efforts.