Thai Sandwich

ON-8.

A new Hotel/Coffee Shop just opened on Sukhumvit near Soi 8, next to the BTS escalator.

A french guy is running the kitchen.

The sandwiches are excellent, as is everything else they do.

They are developing quite a following I noticed.

Check them out.

The topic heading "Thai Sandwich" is misleading.

Should be "Sandwich in Thailand" or similar.

I was gonna say "no such thing as a Thai sandwich" - although I've seen a shop try to copy the delicious Lao and Cambodian sandwiches.

Problem is, they just can't get the bread right, nor do they even have the correct concept of "bread". One of the few positive leftovers from French occupation is that the Lao, Cambodia and Vietnam people learned how to make some decent bread, and developed some interesting and unique sandwich concoctions that are now somewhat representative of their cuisines. There are many Vietnamese sandwich shops in California, for example.

The Thais avoided French occupation, for the most part, and therefore never learned the art of bread-making. Heck, from what I can see, most Thais don't even know what REAL bread is, and seem to prefer that bland, textureless, cake-like substance they sell as the Temples to feed the fish. Try feeding most Thais real bread, with a hard crust and somewhat chewy texture, and they think something is wrong.

Anyway, I'd agree with the guys above, that the best sandwiches (in Thailand) are made at home.

ON-8.

A new Hotel/Coffee Shop just opened on Sukhumvit near Soi 8, next to the BTS escalator.

A french guy is running the kitchen.

The sandwiches are excellent, as is everything else they do.

They are developing quite a following I noticed.

Check them out.

I walk by there quite often, perhaps it's time to try it out.