2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to get the chain and sprockets changed on my ER6N. Do I need to call ahead to the Rama 9 shop or do they have stock and I can just drop in?

Best to call ahead and make an appointment if you want same day service. Ride On!

The bike sounds like an electric car with the standard exhaust. I cannot even hear the engine when I'm going over 70 km/h, and I have to look down at the RPM to know when I need to change gear. Pretty annoying and lame bike with standard exhaust, I miss the two brothers now..

But, I have not noticed any backfire after I got the original pipe back on, so that is good.

Any idea where I should travel(Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Hong Kong or anywhere else in that radius?) to buy good quality bike clothes, exhaust pipe etc at a good price?

The bike sounds like an electric car with the standard exhaust. I cannot even hear the engine when I'm going over 70 km/h, and I have to look down at the RPM to know when I need to change gear. Pretty annoying and lame bike with standard exhaust, I miss the two brothers now..

But, I have not noticed any backfire after I got the original pipe back on, so that is good.

Any idea where I should travel(Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Hong Kong or anywhere else in that radius?) to buy good quality bike clothes, exhaust pipe etc at a good price?

You had a TWO BROS and now you don't?! What's up with that?

Bike backfires just the same but with that massive 3-cat stock can you can't hear it, that's all.

What's your location? Once you factor in air ticket and hotel you'll find that buying imported mc gear in Bangkok really isn't all that expensive. Another option is to order abroad and have shipped to Thailand. Even if you get charged duty you'll still save money over local prices. But if you really want to travel somewhere to go shopping abroad for mc gear then Singapore is your best bet.

Ride On!

T

Bike backfires just the same but with that massive 3-cat stock can you can't hear it, that's all.

What's your location? Once you factor in air ticket and hotel you'll find that buying imported mc gear in Bangkok really isn't all that expensive. Another option is to order abroad and have shipped to Thailand. Even if you get charged duty you'll still save money over local prices. But if you really want to travel somewhere to go shopping abroad for mc gear then Singapore is your best bet.

Ride On!

T

The Two Brothers was stolen or fall of.. Live in Phuket, and here they want to charge me 27k for a two brother, lol.

Well, I need to go on a visa run, so I have to pay for air ticket anyway to somewhere..

Any good sites where I can order exhaust pipe abroad? how long is the delivery time from US?

Edited by dollarman

Ride On!

T

The Two Brothers was stolen or fall of.. Live in Phuket, and here they want to charge me 27k for a two brother, lol.

Well, I need to go on a visa run, so I have to pay for air ticket anyway to somewhere..

Any good sites where I can order exhaust pipe abroad? how long is the delivery time from US?

My inter net plays up on me, I ordered a Yoshimura from US of A and they sent it by USPS, it took five days from the day I ordered it till it was in my home in Thailand.

Edited by AJS 7R

My inter net plays up on me, I ordered a Yoshimura from US of A and they sent it by USPS, it took five days from the day I ordered it till it was in my home in Thailand.

really? what site did you use? Any import tax?

I used Yohimura-RD, the main dealer.Tax was 30%. If you want more info PM me.

Ah thats good to know.......and i`m sure the stood up really well in the engineering tests also? i presume they HAVE had tests?

Yep, they look ok for a tip off the side stand..but thats about it !

Yes, these sliders have already been tested (real life testing) and they've done fine in drops and low speed spills.

I don't know of any sliders that can withstand a high speed crash...

I've seen name brand sliders from the likes of R&G, Woodcraft and Puig fail miserably in low speed spills. When a mate suffered a slow speed fall on his FZ6 the sliders that Yamaha installed on his bike (can't remember what brand) cracked the frame!

I've read a bunch of reports on riderforums and kawiforums about big name sliders snapping off in crashes.

Personally with Kawasaki fairings so cheap here in Thailand I don't really see a need for sliders. But in places like the US where 650R uppers cost something like $300 I think it's probably worthwhile trying to protect them.

My personal opinion is that unless you're very lucky, most frame sliders won't offer much protection in anything more than a drop or a low speed fall.

Ride On!

Tony

IMG_1324SSR.jpg

Ah i see, just a business venture, because i wouldn`t trust the design or strengh, if manufactured here......chok dee

Time to get the chain and sprockets changed on my ER6N. Do I need to call ahead to the Rama 9 shop or do they have stock and I can just drop in?

Yikes ., look elsewhere for a quality chain, and sprokets... the kawa ones in thailand are sh1t.......

Two Bros cans are VERY poorly made, just google or look at the other forums and you will see many guys who have had rivits fail etc...go for it, and buy a better can this time (and dont touch arrow too) cheap crap....and fugglly to

Edited by rizla

Ninja 650r/ER6f/ER6n bikes/mods seen at the 2010 Hatyai Bike week. This bike is very popular with he Malays and thus was by far the most popular bike in attendance. RusticCharm would have hated it. :D

We had one rider go down hard. He is OK. His riding gear saved him. Bike damage largely cosmetic. Trip was otherwise a great success. Trip report will be posted in appropriate threads/boards. I just wanted to post these EX650 pics here.

IMG_1851-1.jpg

IMG_1857-1.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

Est. 2000 bikes attended this weekends bike "week" in Hatyai. 30-40% were sport bikes. Most bikes were from Malaysia.

Two Bros cans are VERY poorly made, just google or look at the other forums and you will see many guys who have had rivits fail etc...go for it, and buy a better can this time (and dont touch arrow too) cheap crap....and fugglly to

"Fuggly" is of course just your opinion. Taste is a matter of taste. Both are a HUGE improvement over the looks of the stock can. 2 bro's looks better IMO.

I'm not sure where you get your other info. I have never heard of such negative comments on the Arrow and 2 Bros. I just tried your suggestion of Googling them and found nothing but positive reviews. I am quit happy with my Arrow, and love it's looks and sounds.

Do you ever have anything nice to say? I recall some years ago TWO BROS had some quality control issues with some of their exhausts but those problems are ancient history and I haven't heard a complaint about a TWO BROS in years. Arrow makes very good quality pipes and you're the first I've heard say they are "fugglly".

What is it you don't like about the Arrow?

Arrow_Can.jpg

The New Arrow Black is stunning IMO-

Dark%20Line%202.JPG

"Fuggly" is of course just your opinion. Taste is a matter of taste. Both are a HUGE improvement over the looks of the stock can. 2 bro's looks better IMO.

I'm not sure where you get your other info. I have never heard of such negative comments on the Arrow and 2 Bros. I just tried your suggestion of Googling them and found nothing but positive reviews. I am quit happy with my Arrow, and love it's looks and sounds.

Here is negative review about the two brothers: http://www.brp650forum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=191 .

Here is negative review about the two brothers: http://www.brp650for....php?f=11&t=191 .

Erm... that's from back in 2008... Haven't heard of anyone having problems with a TWO BROS in recent years.

Just came back from a trip to Doi Inthanon with a mate on a 650R. I have previously remarked that during a test ride I thought the 650R was very hard to control in bends and very bouncy in general. This was confirmed today. Riding behind my mate I could see the bike bouncing up and down repeatedly each time it hit a bump. That made me wonder whether it is possible to increase the damping on the shocks and how? I think that would probably sort the bike out.

Just came back from a trip to Doi Inthanon with a mate on a 650R. I have previously remarked that during a test ride I thought the 650R was very hard to control in bends and very bouncy in general. This was confirmed today. Riding behind my mate I could see the bike bouncing up and down repeatedly each time it hit a bump. That made me wonder whether it is possible to increase the damping on the shocks and how? I think that would probably sort the bike out.

There are 5 settings for rear spring/shock

There are 5 settings for rear spring/shock

Right, and I noticed it was set to the hardest setting. I think the bumps were being absorbed by the spring but not dampened out, so the bike tended to rebound several times. Following over the same bumps on my 250R my bike would compress the shock going over the bump and then return to normal right away. It was almost like the shock was not working apart from the spring part of it. It was a rental bike so I suppose it might be broken.

The other day my riding partner slid a good 30m on asphalt and the bike (650r) went even further before ending up in a ditch. The point being twofold. The protective gear, even though not leather, did its job and no scrapes or blood. Only a small broken bone on the side of the right hand.

The sliders also did a great job by collapsing and absorbing most of the impact with the road. They are waisted but took the brunt of the fall and slide, leaving only superficial damage to fairings and various protruding parts. They are obviously not designed to survive the slide but they seem to do a good job protecting the heart of the beast.

The other day my riding partner slid a good 30m on asphalt and the bike (650r) went even further before ending up in a ditch. The point being twofold. The protective gear, even though not leather, did its job and no scrapes or blood. Only a small broken bone on the side of the right hand.

The sliders also did a great job by collapsing and absorbing most of the impact with the road. They are waisted but took the brunt of the fall and slide, leaving only superficial damage to fairings and various protruding parts. They are obviously not designed to survive the slide but they seem to do a good job protecting the heart of the beast.

Do you have any pictures of the bike. would be interesting to see how they fared?

Do you have any pictures of the bike. would be interesting to see how they fared?

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me. Didn't expect to have time to stop and take pictures. Besides it is always possible to drive through a couple of downpours along the way, this time of year, so everything has to be in plastic. Anyway, no pictures, sorry.

Sliders were well bent and much of the hard outer covering had been rubbed off.

Edited by villagefarang

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone got CSC hyperpro steering damper installed on top of the sport bar? It fits on the standard bar but it does not seem to be enough space for it on the sports bar. Thanks Scuba for pointing it out!

Are there any other sport bars available beside the one from ninja650shop?

• 3 weeks later...

icon10.gif2011 Ninja 650R FIRST LOOK

Candy Burnt Orange!

2011OrangeNinja650RSSR.jpg

Shame I didn't have a real camera along. This color is stunning in real life, but not so great with the iPhone...

2011OrangeNinja650RaSSR.jpg

I like this color so much that I pulled a couple strings and got a full set of Candy Burnt Orange fairings for my 2010 Ninja 650R. I'll throw them on in the next few days and take some better pics.

The other color we'll get here in Thailand for 2011 is Lime Green (777):

2011LimeGrnNinja650RSSR.jpg

The 2011 Ninja 250R in Pearl White looks pretty hot too:

2011WhtNinja250RaSSR.jpg

There's another paint scheme for the Ninja 250R for 2011 as well but I forgot to take a picture. Will head back there next week with a real camera and try to get some better pics.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony