2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

Imagine my surprise when I received a phone call from Kawasaki Rama 9 on Monday asking me if I'd like to pick up my new Kawasaki Ninja 650R 3 days early?! :)

Well... gee, I thought I was picking up my new bike on Thursday.... Let me see if my wire transfer has come through yet- nope :D Well... can you hold it until tomorrow? Thanks! :D

So I headed over to Rama 9 this morning and she was waiting for me- a beautiful new Lime Green 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R :D

0811Ninja650R5.jpg

Took her out for a 70km break-in spin and then came back to change the oil and filter-

0811Ninja650R1.jpg

Nice bike- haven't tried out the ABS yet. Honestly, the Ninja 650R is a bit mundane in stock form. The Two Bros pipe, ignition booster and Juice Box Fuel Injection module I've got on my ER6n make it a much more lively bike than the stock Ninja 650R.

0811ER6Ninja650R2.jpg

I've got an Arrow pipe on the way for the new Ninja and will add a powercommander and another ignition booster once the new pipe arrives.

Took some pictures of a pair of Plasma Blue Ninjas while I was hanging out.

0811Ninja650RBlu.jpg

0811Ninja650RBlu2.jpg

The Diablo Black 2010 Ninja 650R-

2010Ninja650RBlkSm.jpg

I'm actually rather bummed that I sold the ER6n... :D I'm riding her down to her new home in Phuket tomorrow. Was a great bike and she'll be missed.

0811ER6Ninja650R1.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

0811Ninja650R3.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh Tony, wake up to yourself......you will make a few mods to the new one and & you wont look back. Virtually same bike, but at speed the faired version is going to be much kinder to you.

If your still disappointed in a couple of days time, drop the mean green machine down to me and I will stretch its legs for you :)

They must have released all of the bikes to be sold on the same day; Kawi Nakhon Sawan had them on display on the 10th....would have thought you loyal customers would have gotten them earlier than the dealerships up here in bumsf^ck country.

**edit**

Maybe the wife will surprise me with a new bike again? /me crosses fingers

Edited by dave_boo

She's a beauty. I got no call today. I'm really hoping mine will be here tomorrow. I knew when I saw you had no activity on the ER6n/f threads the last 72 hours something was up. I was assuming you got you bike early but was asked not to tell anyone lest the dealers get in trouble for releasing it early. :)

You staying long in Phuket?

Edited by Scubabuddha

dude awesome looking machine! for tonight only we have 3 Kawasaki ninja's on the front verandah... ahh grandad would be so proud of me :) (Tony has a pic of all the bikes on front verandah)

So anyway Tony safe trip down to Phuket mate. Have fun and ill see you when you get back!

I just figured out what is bothering me about the blue...it's the "Ninja" badge in white. "ER6f was in black on the 2009, and the black certainly looks nice on the green bike.

No, sorry I'm wrong, the 09 did have the white badging. All I needed to do was look at my avatar.

I just figured out what is bothering me about the blue...it's the "Ninja" badge in white. "ER6f was in black on the 2009, and the black certainly looks nice on the green bike.

yepp, the white stickers on Plasma blue dont look right. Should be silver. Are they silver on the black bikes? New stickers needed :)

Will be fun having a tour with you now, guess laying flat on the tank is over now Tony, will be comfy on tours Tony. Brilliant congrats with the bike.

I shall see you when I get back, have a safe trip to Phuket mate take care.

Cheers Bard

yepp, the white stickers on Plasma blue dont look right. Should be silver. Are they silver on the black bikes? New stickers needed :)

I can't tell on the black if they are silver. looks like they might.

Here is a very poor photo shop (actually MS Paint) of the blue with black badge and gray lower fairing.

post-70760-1250189339_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scubabuddha

Hi there,

Decision time for me, hope you can help and give some advise.....after many years i getting back into biking. As it seems Kawasaki has pretty much a monopoly here, with their decent pricing and the ER6n or f, seem to be good bikes.

I am deciding to go for it, or to get a used Ducati MultiStrada (4 years old, about 6,000km). My heart says Ducati, but my worries are: it is 2nd hand - so maybe issues, and it only has invoice, but from a reputable shop who says it will do the green book for 80,000 Baht in about 3 month. (I guess this might be 4-5 real time?). The price for the Ducati is 220,000, so plus the book will be 300,000...not to far from the ER6f.

I know i don't get a guarantee with it, etc...

it's brain against heart....

any experience from you guys.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

Why i would rather get the Ducati:

- well it is a Ducati... :)

- Better riding position...(i am 1.82cm, and 95kg), a little worried the Kawa will be on the small side for me.

- I guess better engine.

hope somebody can give me his 5ct....

thanks

frank

Hi there,

Decision time for me, hope you can help and give some advise.....after many years i getting back into biking. As it seems Kawasaki has pretty much a monopoly here, with their decent pricing and the ER6n or f, seem to be good bikes.

I am deciding to go for it, or to get a used Ducati MultiStrada (4 years old, about 6,000km). My heart says Ducati, but my worries are: it is 2nd hand - so maybe issues, and it only has invoice, but from a reputable shop who says it will do the green book for 80,000 Baht in about 3 month. (I guess this might be 4-5 real time?). The price for the Ducati is 220,000, so plus the book will be 300,000...not to far from the ER6f.

I know i don't get a guarantee with it, etc...

it's brain against heart....

any experience from you guys.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

Why i would rather get the Ducati:

- well it is a Ducati... :)

- Better riding position...(i am 1.82cm, and 95kg), a little worried the Kawa will be on the small side for me.

- I guess better engine.

hope somebody can give me his 5ct....

thanks

frank

lets see, a legal brand new 2010 compared to a possibly legal 4 year old with similar spec and higher price and 4-6 months to wait for a possibly legal book. I often follow my heart, but not in this case :D been there and done that

Is that Duc is the Red one down in Chonburi... if yes, I contemplated the exact same bike/question. It's a really nice looking machine. However, I went with the Kawa because I could know, with 100% certainty, that the green book would be clean, registration immediate and easy, and resale (down the road) much less of a problem. Plus, I also wanted the ABS feature that comes on the 10 Ninja.

yes, that's the one in Chonburi....looks real nice! at least on photos, haven't seen it in real yet, as i am in Phuket.

so, what do you guys say with ergos on the Er6n for me....reminder...pretty big guy at 1.82 and 95kg...and a bit of back problems. :)

IThailian: great to know that i am not the only weirdo looking at this question? how do you like your Kawa now?

well, Ridethailand said that they can....but that might not mean that they actually can!? But i do certainly see a couple of Ducs running around Phuket...

I guess it seems that the majority thinks the Kawa is the safer bet (not that I didn't know this before... :) )....will see tomorrow at the Kawa dealer (if they finally arrived) how i fit on them...maybe need a bit of a custom color job for them, as I don't like candy colors and black is maybe used a bit too much....i fancy a white one...like the Triumph Street Triple...looks awesome in white.

cheers, frank

If I was to consider a Ducati. I must reside in Bkk. Use the official dealer & service. Make sure it is a water cooled Ducati. And enjoy throwing money at it and waiting for weeks, sometime months for parts to arrive.

Enjoy.

Kawasaki is everywhere. But you seem to be a big fella. I am lean & big too! I don't fit the small Ninja.

Triumph have dealership in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket. If you fancy the white triple and got the coins. Consider them instead.

Good luck.

If I was to consider a Ducati. I must reside in Bkk. Use the official dealer & service. Make sure it is a water cooled Ducati. And enjoy throwing money at it and waiting for weeks, sometime months for parts to arrive.

Enjoy.

Kawasaki is everywhere. But you seem to be a big fella. I am lean & big too! I don't fit the small Ninja.

Triumph have dealership in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket. If you fancy the white triple and got the coins. Consider them instead.

Good luck.

That's lanky Travelmate for you :)

If you go for a two pot Kawasaki is the one, I would not even consider gray bike going legal second hand one vs new with warranty and fully legal. Also I agree with Triumph if you like more pots, have the dosh and are a bigger specimen of the human race.

...ok, great...thanks for all the useful feedback...i guess most of you guys at least don't let euphoria influence decisions....and than some people say "bikers are not reasonable" :D

Guess will settle for the Kwacker than...probably n, as a little less color to hide! :)

....yes if i had the cash i would get the Triumph, but i don't or better i don't want to spend it on the bike. (you see, i am not completely unreasonable myself). So, maybe i get a nice white paintjob for the Kwacker....anybody knows if this is ok (legal? does it have to be registered, same as if you chance the color of your car? anybody know a shop to do this in Phuket?)

Don't you agree, that the white ER6n (from European websites) looks nice and classy.....

Good luck.

I do.. daily :) !!

Its just a really hard sell as a value proposition..

keeping the Blade.. keeping the Blade.. keeping the...

Ok guys. Ihave just rented a Ninja650 in Pattaya and i have to say what a great bike. Its a nice big comfortable bike.

I'm about 182cm and 110kg's and the bike felt just right.The midrange was impressive, I'm used to 4 pot 250's and 400's. Beats them hands down. it was as tight as a ducks arse being new but i can see the potential once loosened up a bit. It was a plasma blue one with 5km's on the clock the rental lady on soi13/3 had just brought it that morning. I put 190km on it then i had to give it back (1 day hire, 900b). I would have put more on but i had no one to ride with. next time!