2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

Took the pretend Ninja out with a real Ninja early this morning. From Chiang Rai up to Mae Chan and the 1089 to Fang and then the 107, 109 & 118 back to Chiang Rai, absolutely beautiful trip, pics below.

They look like interesting roads, i'll have to take a trip up there as soon as my 2012 650 arrives :)

Some of the best roads in Thailand, if no the world, up here and the cool season is a perfect time to enjoy them, PM me if you do visit.

I most certainly will :)

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed last night that one of my headlight bulbs has gone, am I right in thinking that any 55W H7 bulb will fit? I want brighter than stock but don't want HID, any Osram dealers in Thailand? Have found somewhere with free worldwide shipping if not.

So I received my Osram bulbs and was looking into how to change the headlights on the Ninja 650R and discovered that it actually only uses one headlight on normal beam so one of mine wasn't broken after all. If anyone read my post about only having one headlight who knew this already then shame on you for not replying :angry: and if anyone else thinks that one of their headlights is broken you now know that it isn't as it's designed like that, as are many bikes with dual headlights, and they only both work when on full-beam.

Edited by skybluestu

Noticed last night that one of my headlight bulbs has gone, am I right in thinking that any 55W H7 bulb will fit? I want brighter than stock but don't want HID, any Osram dealers in Thailand? Have found somewhere with free worldwide shipping if not.

So I received my Osram bulbs and was looking into how to change the headlights on the Ninja 650R and discovered that it actually only uses one headlight on normal beam so one of mine wasn't broken after all. If anyone read my post about only having one headlight who knew this already then shame on you for not replying :angry: and if anyone else thinks that one of their headlights is broken you now know that it isn't as it's designed like that, as are many bikes with dual headlights, and they only both work when on full-beam.

hehehe, shame on me. as you said one bulb was gone, I simply expected it .....gone

having owned some Ninja650s since they became available in august 2009, I didnt even think of you running low beam only. and had you read this comlete topic, you would have noticed how many disussuions on how to improve the lights

what I should have thought of was when one bulb is out in one projector, just swap with the other one as they are H7 dual light pattern bulbs, but only use one pattern in each reflector

In Scandinavia we are tought to run bikes with high beam in daytime, as it makes you much more visible due to high beam and due to two headlights

In Canada all trucks come with reduced voltage high beam auto driving lights, dims down to low beam only when light is switched on

anyway, Osram is brighter, isnt it?

hehehe, shame on me. as you said one bulb was gone, I simply expected it .....gone

having owned some Ninja650s since they became available in august 2009, I didnt even think of you running low beam only. and had you read this comlete topic, you would have noticed how many disussuions on how to improve the lights

what I should have thought of was when one bulb is out in one projector, just swap with the other one as they are H7 dual light pattern bulbs, but only use one pattern in each reflector

In Scandinavia we are tought to run bikes with high beam in daytime, as it makes you much more visible due to high beam and due to two headlights

In Canada all trucks come with reduced voltage high beam auto driving lights, dims down to low beam only when light is switched on

anyway, Osram is brighter, isnt it?

No worries KBB, was said in jest, you live and learn! I usually ride with high beam during the day but have recently been returning home when it is getting dark (normally I don't ride at night) so switched to low beam which is when I noticed it. The Osram is much brighter, couldn't find any at any of the homeware stores in Chiang Rai so ordered from the UK with free shipping, a free pair of side-light bulbs and no import tax so musn't grumble!

Couldn’t help but have a laugh at your expense. :) Hard to believe you didn’t know or your other Ninja buddy didn’t tell you. Every time I turn around you are on a different bike. You running a three horse stable these days?

Couldn't help but have a laugh at your expense. :) Hard to believe you didn't know or your other Ninja buddy didn't tell you. Every time I turn around you are on a different bike. You running a three horse stable these days?

Hi VF, no worries at all about having a giggle at my expense, I've lost count of the times I've done the same when listening to stories about you ;)

As a relative newbie I just assumed that twin headlights meant two lights and so presumed one was broken when I noticed only one working but mai pen rai, you live and learn. Which Ninja buddy are you referring to, I know a few different Ninja owners? Aye, it's taken a while to find the right bike and, although far from perfect, I think the Ninja 650 will do. How about you? Not seen you enjoying the twisties while I've been out, your Ninja just gathering dust now?

Couldn't help but have a laugh at your expense. :) Hard to believe you didn't know or your other Ninja buddy didn't tell you. Every time I turn around you are on a different bike. You running a three horse stable these days?

Hi VF, no worries at all about having a giggle at my expense, I've lost count of the times I've done the same when listening to stories about you ;)

As a relative newbie I just assumed that twin headlights meant two lights and so presumed one was broken when I noticed only one working but mai pen rai, you live and learn. Which Ninja buddy are you referring to, I know a few different Ninja owners? Aye, it's taken a while to find the right bike and, although far from perfect, I think the Ninja 650 will do. How about you? Not seen you enjoying the twisties while I've been out, your Ninja just gathering dust now?

Off to Nan on the morrow. :D

Nan%2BTrip%2B%2B016.jpg

Edited by villagefarang

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...