Trojan Horse

Tawai

Hello computer geeks!

Here is my story:

Computer (XP) goes blackscreen 3 days ago for no apparent reason just 2 min. after being started.

New start, no connection to net. 

Call TTT, will be called back. After a few min. net connection ok, but can not send mails.

Outlook 2003 tries to send mails, even when I already deleted all unsuccessful atemts from outbox (message: sending 1 of 4 mails,..).

TTT calls and tells me that my problem was that I was found to be on a Spamerlist, but the problem is solved. Still on the fone I try to send, can not. I am told that I will called again.

My AVG finds a Virus (HTML/Frame) in Opera browser and deletes it. I am alarmed! I scan also my memory stick and find a Trojan horse Generic_c.AHYU in G:\yslhck.exe AVG deletes it.

Still (after restarts) can not send mails. Get AVG messages from my email scanner like: Connecting to wa-in-f109google.com and wf-in-f109google.com.

Next day in the morning after a few min screnns goes black, computer shuts down.

Still no email sending possible.

TTT calls in and is trying very hard to help me. We find out that the problem is with my Outlook.

Ok, deinstal Outlook 2003 and instal Outlook2007. 

Find out that same Trojan is back on my memory stick. Delete Trojan again.

Next day Outlook 2007 can not send my mails. Testmails sent fro Outlook EXPRESS go into my SPAM archive in Outlook 2007 (receiving never been a problem).

Today (while writing this,screen goes black all is lost,..)

How can I deal with this problem?? AVG does not find any viruses or Trojans now.

Anything else than new formatting??

Please help!

Hi webfact and ianwuk !

Thank you so much for taking the trouble helping me out with your knowledge.

webfact : you been double correct with both leading me to SPYHUNTER program which found 252 Trojan infected files (ZLOB. Trojan and ZLOB.VideoAcess) in my registry!!! and with system restore. In the end I had to restore my system 14 days back, because of my own lazyness to do more often Rollback snapshots.

Rollback is an exellent program for restoring your computer to your snapshots, I just have to set them automaticly every like 2 or 3 days.

Spyhunter seems to be also exellent in finding malware but they make you pay for removal of the problems.

The reason I did not choose the spyhunter route was that they wanted me to register and pay as well. It would have been 29 USD and probably a lot of problems and time consuming as well with internet payment. It was in this case just not worth the trouble for me.

Ianwuk gave us the link to "malwarebites" wich found only 1 virus, no ZLOB's.

I hope some of the readers got useful info at this thread, and want to thank webfact and ianwuk again.

Another AVG success story! :)

Replace AVG (means Another Virus Got through) with something that has a better detection record.

http://www.free-av.com/ (if you insist on free)

Or get the best on the market for $39-49

http://www.eset.com/products/nod32.php NOD32

http://www.kaspersky.com/ Kaspersky

http://www.avira.com/ Avira Antivir Premium

Edited by cdnvic

I used to use Avast (still do on Linux) but in the past year it's detection rate has slipped. It's testing at about 93-95%. The three above are all 99%+.

The really cool thing about Avast is how configurable it is.

Hi webfact and ianwuk !

Thank you so much for taking the trouble helping me out with your knowledge.

webfact : you been double correct with both leading me to SPYHUNTER program which found 252 Trojan infected files (ZLOB. Trojan and ZLOB.VideoAcess) in my registry!!! and with system restore. In the end I had to restore my system 14 days back, because of my own lazyness to do more often Rollback snapshots.

Rollback is an exellent program for restoring your computer to your snapshots, I just have to set them automaticly every like 2 or 3 days.

Spyhunter seems to be also exellent in finding malware but they make you pay for removal of the problems.

The reason I did not choose the spyhunter route was that they wanted me to register and pay as well. It would have been 29 USD and probably a lot of problems and time consuming as well with internet payment. It was in this case just not worth the trouble for me.

Ianwuk gave us the link to "malwarebites" wich found only 1 virus, no ZLOB's.

I hope some of the readers got useful info at this thread, and want to thank webfact and ianwuk again.

Alot of those anti-virus scanners that do a free scan but require you to pay to remove are garbage so stay away from those. They do no provide accurate results and most are a scam. I recommend Malwarebytes with cdnvic list of AV's