Executive Chef Coming To Thailand Next Week

• 3 months later...

Bee:angry:

Executive Chef with over 19 years experience coming to Thailand next, looking to relocate to area. looking for contacts/information regarding possible employment vacancies.Any help,information that can be given would be truly appreciated.

Regards

Chef Michael

Email : [email protected]

:o Been lookin' long time 4 head chef job Thailand,

i think we are too expensive.

You can try coming to T/L & looking 4 a job in a restaurant (low scale)

& work-up,i'v been looking quite some time for similar, no way.

I work for BIG international co (uk), they have interests in T/L but not

for a fat expensive 'fallang' (look up), they prefer cheap Thai labour.

I believe there is a gap in the market for more high end exclusive non-thai restaurants..world class chef/menu, silver service, top wine cellar etc... There are some in BKK, but the majority are attached to hotels. There are plenty of people in BKK, expats and thais alike, who have the appreciation and desire for non-thai haute cuisine and the means to fund it on a regular basis. I like all styles of eating/dining , but this is just one particular area where as a foriegn expert chef, I believe you could make more of an impact.

Maybe you could start a little 20 seater somewhere :o

:D

I believe there is a gap in the market for more high end exclusive non-thai restaurants..world class chef/menu, silver service, top wine cellar etc... There are some in BKK, but the majority are attached to hotels. There are plenty of people in BKK, expats and thais alike, who have the appreciation and desire for non-thai haute cuisine and the means to fund it on a regular basis. I like all styles of eating/dining , but this is just one particular area where as a foriegn expert chef, I believe you could make more of an impact.

:D Penelope (?)

If you look at the typical 'fellang' in T/L they are too 'into' the Thai thing,

either not enough money or only want to 'exprience' T/L.

Why i told Xchef to start in a 'bar-rest' was only for him to

'get to grips' with T/L, & go from there.

Myself same predicament, now i'm looking for a partner (they pay I work)

:D

:D Penelope (?)

If you look at the typical 'fellang' in T/L they are too 'into' the Thai thing,

either not enough money or only want to 'exprience' T/L.

Why i told Xchef to start in a 'bar-rest' was only for him to

'get to grips' with T/L, & go from there.

Myself same predicament, now i'm looking for a partner (they pay I work)

Thats just the point.The market is saturated with options for people who simply want T/L experience.

But there are lots of farang and foreigners(diplomats, professional expats, business men,wealthier retirees) and lots of thais(wealthy, educated, business leaders, politicians etc..) , who could make up for a very healthy and loyal client base for a little niche restaurant catering to the Haute Cuisine experince.