Arrested In Usa, Dismissed Charges

I was arrested once but the charges were dropped before any court appearance as there was no evidence. Of course it was American woman trying anything to get me. (Ex wife tried to claim violence) Will this affect my visa application 'B' type or retirement type?

You'll still have an aresst record, in any case.... I would ask the Thai consulate in your area for advice... It wouldn't have any effect on a 'B' visa because no police check is required, but it is for an O-A (retirement visa) if done outside of Thailand, as I understand...

Of course, if you come here first, then go for your retirement visa, no police clearance is needed...

I was arrested 18 years ago (in the US) on grand theft auto charges. The cgharges were dropped and I never had to go to court when I produced the sales receipt and documents showing I had bought the car from a licensed car dealer.

I got a police report 2 months ago in preparation for my retirement visa application and even the arrest did not show on the report.

If the charges were dropped I don't think you will have a problem (but I am not an expert on this), so I suggest you get a police report and see what it shows.

Best of luck on your retirement in Thailand :o

<deleted> is "grand theft auto".?

Did you nick a very big car, like a limo? :o

Nowadays an arrest report contains the arrests, convictions, dispositions. etc. Of course there is no conviction but there is an arrest. You know according to US law even an arrest disqualifies a Brit from comming in on Visa Wavier, he should get a visa before arriving! Not that anyone would actually.

Any info or other experiences is appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks Darkie, informative as usual! :o

In the UK it's called joyriding.

In Aus it's a death warrant, judging by the number of deaths resulting from police car chases here.

Av. 2 deaths a week here, clearing the gene pool of idiots/thieves under 25.